Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Rainbowstarsxoxo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Dec 2023, 8:24 pm

I recently lost my best friend of 3 years. I hate getting close to people because we end up ending our friendship. I know I’ll make more friends but I need a break from making friends in real life. I want to make friends online. They’re more accepting. I like people on forums better than social media because social media is fake and that’s not me. I have no friends now expect for the internet, which is what I’ve always wanted. Maybe this is the universe’s way of helping me out and making internet friends again. I missed the idea of making internet friends. Sometimes people in real life are mean and unkind and they talk out of their butt.

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2023, 8:29 pm

Man that sucks. Sorry that happened to you.

Rainbowstarsxoxo

15 Dec 2023, 9:35 pm

It’s okay. People stink sometimes. I’m better off being friends with aspies and people with mental health problems.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 9:39 pm

Rainbowstarsxoxo wrote:
Sometimes people in real life are mean and unkind and they talk out of their butt.

I've found this is true whether in person or online.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Rainbowstarsxoxo

15 Dec 2023, 9:44 pm

Yeah that too. I feel ignored on here even from other aspies. I’ve tried everything. My old therapist has tried everything. She helped me with my social skills.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 9:49 pm

Rainbowstarsxoxo wrote:
Yeah that too. I feel ignored on here even from other aspies. I’ve tried everything. My old therapist has tried everything. She helped me with my social skills.

I feel like that's natural in autistic spaces. There's more introverts than average, most people have their focus already occupied and sometimes people struggle more with giving attention to get attention.

Probably for a number of reasons, there's a lot of people who are comfortable being wallflowers and that makes it harder for people to start socializing.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Rainbowstarsxoxo

15 Dec 2023, 9:53 pm

I’m not a desperate person, but I guess people can sense my loneliness. It’s hard. I’ve always been lonely.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 9:56 pm

Rainbowstarsxoxo wrote:
I’m not a desperate person, but I guess people can sense my loneliness. It’s hard. I’ve always been lonely.

I've become less lonely in some ways by realizing I don't even know what to do with friends when I do have them. :oops:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 10:09 pm

Rainbowstarsxoxo wrote:

You feel ignored by other aspies on here? Your profile states that you just joined the forum.

Staying a while and becoming known on the forum might be a prerequisite to being noticed by some members.

Rainbowstarsxoxo

15 Dec 2023, 10:32 pm

I think I think too much and it spirals. Haha. I hate overthink too much. Not everyone can respond right away. They’re busy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 10:34 pm

I lost some very loyal friends recently, one cut contact because I didn't watch an Alex Jones video she showed me, the other friend passed away unexpectedly.

I hope you find some very good friends on here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 12:31 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I've found this is true whether in person or online.

TRUE,dude。This is why I like some small non-profit forums that do not actively expand.like this

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2023, 9:16 am

Yeah, the overthinking thing is a pain in the backside. BTW, I tried to send you a pm, but I'm not sure if it went through because I'm still trying to figure out how to use the site.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 3:50 pm

I used to get very agitated when I didn’t get replies to texts I sent straight away, but I’ve managed to mostly get over that.
Just treat this site as a part time thing. I come on here once or twice a day at the same times, and I don’t worry about it at any other time. Take it slow, and when you make friends, then you can keep in contact more regularly.