Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Age: 60
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,517

16 Apr 2024, 2:35 pm

Is there a social worker at the group home, or who comes out to the group home, whom you can talk to and explain that the requirements are too difficult for you and are causing you pain and stress?

Can you talk to the social worker who placed you at the home? What about your sister? Or is there someone at the home who is in charge that you could talk to?

The group home should be willing to provide accommodations that work for you. They might even be required to do so.



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,047
Location: California,USA

21 Apr 2024, 12:58 pm

bee33 wrote:
Is there a social worker at the group home, or who comes out to the group home, whom you can talk to and explain that the requirements are too difficult for you and are causing you pain and stress?

Can you talk to the social worker who placed you at the home? What about your sister? Or is there someone at the home who is in charge that you could talk to?

The group home should be willing to provide accommodations that work for you. They might even be required to do so.



I have a social worker, she don’t understand. My sister don’t understand, she told me that she has Autism, my Autism maybe worse than hers.I don’t think anyone will understand. I been depressed too, I had a little meltdown earlier this morning, I won’t get use to breakfast time at 6 AM, if I’m late to breakfast, the breakfast would be cold, I don’t like cold eggs, I don’t like alot of the breakfast here, I hate the time for dinner, dinner is at 3:40 :skull: 8O 8O :cry: :cry:



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,670
Location: United Kingdom

21 Apr 2024, 2:39 pm

It is horrific that you have to live in a group home when you don't want to.

Honestly, it is disgusting. You should have the option of living alone and with in-home support if that is what you want.



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,047
Location: California,USA

22 Apr 2024, 11:48 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
It is horrific that you have to live in a group home when you don't want to.

Honestly, it is disgusting. You should have the option of living alone and with in-home support if that is what you want.


Apartments are sooooo expersive , they are around over $ 2,000 - & $3,000. I want to live alone with a caregiver, Im very happy with my online friends & my boyfriend & my cat.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 70,089
Location: Chez Quis

22 Apr 2024, 11:59 pm

Sending hugs Kitty.

Will your boyfriend still be able to visit you in the summer?

I hope so.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,047
Location: California,USA

30 Apr 2024, 11:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sending hugs Kitty.

Will your boyfriend still be able to visit you in the summer?

I hope so.


He will still come, he will stay in a hotel, I will go to the hotel, but I think he having trouble getting a Visa. He’s doing extra work to get more money.