Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,882

26 Apr 2024, 11:47 am

Constant anxiety

Fear of

Getting sent to jail
Getting hit by a car
Getting physically assaulted
Getting sued
Getting made redundant
Diseases and disabilities



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,341
Location: UK

26 Apr 2024, 11:48 am

Why would you get sent to jail


_________________
We have existence


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,605
Location: Right over your left shoulder

26 Apr 2024, 12:36 pm

You're very prone to catastrophizing and assuming the worst. Learning to better manage those tendencies will likely improve your overall mental health.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-catastrophizing
https://www.healthline.com/health/anxie ... trophizing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... trophizing


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,882

26 Apr 2024, 2:10 pm

babybird wrote:
Why would you get sent to jail


Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,605
Location: Right over your left shoulder

26 Apr 2024, 2:33 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
babybird wrote:
Why would you get sent to jail


Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.


Someone would likely have to invest significant effort in order to frame you for a felony. It's very unlikely that someone is going to feel motivated enough to attempt doing so.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,882

26 Apr 2024, 7:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
babybird wrote:
Why would you get sent to jail


Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.


Someone would likely have to invest significant effort in order to frame you for a felony. It's very unlikely that someone is going to feel motivated enough to attempt doing so.

_______________________________________________________________________

not everyone finds the same things motivating.

things that are "very unlikely" do happen sometimes.

some people have plenty of time, $$, energy, and authority.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,605
Location: Right over your left shoulder

26 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
babybird wrote:
Why would you get sent to jail


Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.


Someone would likely have to invest significant effort in order to frame you for a felony. It's very unlikely that someone is going to feel motivated enough to attempt doing so.

_______________________________________________________________________

not everyone finds the same things motivating.

things that are "very unlikely" do happen sometimes.

some people have plenty of time, $$, energy, and authority.


This is an example of seeking to rationalize irrational fears. If you're always worried about highly unlikely outcomes being constantly worried is an inevitable consequence of that. Learning to break those cycles is the only way to improve things.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


bee33
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Age: 60
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,539

26 Apr 2024, 9:15 pm

When something bad does happen, having worried about it for years does not make it any easier or any better. The problem you are experiencing is your anxiety over something possibly happening, not the events themselves, which have not happened and in all likelihood never will.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 34,566
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

27 Apr 2024, 2:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
You're very prone to catastrophizing and assuming the worst. Learning to better manage those tendencies will likely improve your overall mental health.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-catastrophizing
https://www.healthline.com/health/anxie ... trophizing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... trophizing


Yes listen to the cat...they know what they are talking about. the worst part about catastrophizing is it can be hard to recognize when you are doing it cause at the time it feels like you really do have a valid concern but sometimes your also panicking for no reason. Like I got a set of speakers for my new pc and freaked out cause the sound wasn't working but then looked back at the speaker instuctions and realised the knob i was trying to turn up was just for base adjuustment and the same knob that turns on the speaker is actually the one that controls volume. But before I looked at that I did kind of immaturaly freak out about it which my boyfriend didn't really like. Which is understandable.

but a good way to see if you have a problem with catastrophizing is like do you feel like what some people would see as minor issues litterally feel like the end of the world to you, even when you realize logically that's not the case it can still feel like it.


_________________
We won't go back.