Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2010, 9:14 pm

Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Apparently I've made a member here quit. Doesn't affect me much. I mean I can't be that bad.

Me too. I wonder who that member was though you're talking about?

She was a frequent poster in the art forum.

Oh was that the one with the Snow White avatar?

Yes, now that you mention it. Well, we won't miss her.

Why? Because she criticized your artwork. Part of being a mature artist is accepting criticism instead of having an emo meltdown about it. I personally don't care for your art, either, and not everyone will. Just accept it and move on.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 9:16 pm

Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Apparently I've made a member here quit. Doesn't affect me much. I mean I can't be that bad.

Why? Because she criticized your artwork. Part of being a mature artist is accepting criticism instead of having an emo meltdown about it. I personally don't care for your art, either, and not everyone will. Just accept it and move on.

No, that's not the reason. When you do a bit of digging, and find that she attacks you on other websites, maybe you'll understand. My drawing teacher has graded quite a few of my sketches. Mainly they have received grades of A-(mainly because I haven't put my initials in the corner.)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 9:25 pm

Was it Delirium?

If so, she is back. I checked her profile.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 9:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Was it Delirium?

If so, she is back. I checked her profile.

Damn, I guess WP brings everyone back(just like the hook)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 9:44 pm

It seems even the people who say goodbye come back.

That's why whenever I don't make threads like that anymore.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

Ackman wrote:
No, that's not the reason. When you do a bit of digging, and find that she attacks you on other websites, maybe you'll understand. My drawing teacher has graded quite a few of my sketches. Mainly they have received grades of A-(mainly because I haven't put my initials in the corner.)

I still don't think you get it, so I'll repeat myself: If you don't want people to criticize your artwork, don't post your f*****g artwork on the Internet. Once it's out there, it's fair game for criticism. It doesn't help that you can't take any sort of criticism, and throw e-tantrums and threaten to leave/burn your sketchbooks/quit drawing just so someone will take pity on you.

Sionis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2010, 10:46 pm

Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Ackman wrote:

Well "art" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think your art is all that good.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Ackman wrote:

Well "art" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think your art is all that good.

That's ok mate. It isn't for everybody.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 3:59 am

Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Sionis wrote:
Ackman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Ackman wrote:

What does this have to do with username?

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:43 am

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 4:59 pm

Lene wrote:

No kidding. I wish I understood what causes people to do this. If the conversation has been dead for 8 months there probably isn't anything left to say.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 6:31 pm

Lene wrote:

well, username was on of my best friends from wp, and was my roommate for awhile :P and there a lot of new convo in this thread since ive read it last. but yes, i necro'ed it.