my mom found out she made feel like crap.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 6:50 pm

i tried goin a night without risperdal and a had terrible insomnia. i chickened out and took some last night and was all grumpy the last two days. my mom found me trying get rid of the risperdal i m not taking any more . and she was fine your an adult you can do what you what you want and im not involved i knew you couldnt keep your word. like why couldnt she just thats what you wanted to do thats what you wanted to do.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 7:08 pm

Lack of really listening or understanding you, wanted to feel she knows best!

What I would do is email her your thoughts, but take and time and really think about what you want to say, and that way you can cover all her answers - us aspies can be good at that if we do not rush into the situation, you can also let have know how her dismissing you is hurtful.

she is more likely to listen and hear you.

I understand not being able to sleep I never have been able to, and it does help having none understanding people about, as that just gives you more to worry about.

But really exercise over the years has been the only thing and diet, no caffeine after midday etc.. that has worked

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 2:38 am

lavender is good for sleep too.

you should write down what you feel so that you cover all the bases.

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2008, 10:05 am

I've found vervain tea extremely good for calming me down and helping me sleep.

And I agree. Write down your thoughts and explain in an email, if you can. That way you'll have as much time as you need to decide how to phrase things and explain.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 1:02 pm

I hope things improve with you soon!

northern_light_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2008, 9:26 am

nightbender wrote:
i tried goin a night without risperdal and a had terrible insomnia. i chickened out and took some last night and was all grumpy the last two days. my mom found me trying get rid of the risperdal i m not taking any more . and she was fine your an adult you can do what you what you want and im not involved i knew you couldnt keep your word. like why couldnt she just thats what you wanted to do thats what you wanted to do.

Hey don't keep your mom out of the loop on your treatment. It will frighten her! It's not nice, she cares about you and your well-being. You being an adult has nothing to do with this....a family member will always care about you, no matter what your age or where you are! Just like you would care about her or about someone dear, no matter what. And feeling out of the loop would hurt you too...

I'm not sure why you want to be off your meds...I think they must have been prescribed for a reason (and your mom probably thinks that too). So the "adult" thing to do is to sit down with your mom and both discuss (as adults) how you currently feel about the meds. Why you don't like them etc. Tell her you need her help and support and DO NOT HIDE from her. Maybe next you can go to the doctor and explain how you feel and maybe there are other medications that the doc could give you? But stopping cold turkey if the doctor doesn't know may not be a good idea! Seriously, keeping the doctor and your mom out of the loop is a bad idea. They're not the enemy..it's up to you to inform them and to communicate to them what you're going through, if you don't like the meds...so that together you could come up with a solution.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 10:43 am

i didnt stop cold turkey i tapered off. and my mom was on board with the taper. i just tapered faster than she wanted me to.