Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 4:53 pm

I like techno and house at late night radio,
Anime, and game sound tracks.
I also like places like animeremix, ocremix, where they remix music, and live365 where i can choose the stations I like. My favorite is IJ dee-Vo's Varity, and Sonic Radio. I was wondering what places you like and your tastes.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 4:58 pm

Autechre, Kevin Ayers, The Band, Bardo Pond, Tim Buckley, Butthole Surfers, Captain Beefheart, Cocteau Twins, Leonard Cohen, Coil, Ornette Coleman, Current 93, Dead Can Dance, Bob Dylan, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brian Eno, John Fahey, Faust, Peter Gabriel, Grateful Dead, Peter Hammill, Henry Cow, Jandek, Jefferson Airplane, Khanate, King Crimson, Lycia, Merzbow, Metallica, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, The Mothers of Invention, Nico, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd (early), Polvo, Pram, Radiohead, The Residents, Steve Roach, Rudimentary Peni, Rush, Klaus Schulze, Sonic Youth, Swans, Taj Mahal Travellers, Talking Heads, Tangerine Dream, Throbbing Gristle, Amon Tobin, Tortoise, The Velvet Underground, Yes, Neil Young

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2008, 5:31 pm

The Tea Party, Jeff Martin, Audioslave, soad, rhcp, NiN, Black Sabbath, Faith No More, John Zorn, Jorane, Taima, Ozzy, Smashing Pumpkins, Dobacaracol, Colectivo, MachineHead, Rush, Forbidden, Apocalyptica, Portishead, Evanescence, Guns n' Roses, Danzig, Misfits, AFI, Billy Talent, Bjork, Bush, Alanis, Hate Dept, Goa, Freejazz, Techno (Trance and Industrial), Cello, Saxophone ...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 6:31 pm

My ultimate favorite type of music is dance music. I'm not into the hard stuff like techno, and I don't really like electronica either. My favorite type of dance music is the pop stuff.

What started my love for dance music was Aqua (y'know... the "Barbie Girl" people). I tried to find other bands that had their sound but it was very difficult. After hearing "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada on the radio, I bought their CD and fell in love with it. Fortunately, I've been able to find plenty of songs that mimic their style, though the more I listen to the songs, the more I have to hunt down increasingly obscure bands and songs to suit my tastes. Even the "Just for You" feature on iTunes doesn't always do me justice, lol.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 8:46 pm

Heavy Metal.

In all it's phony-ness, there are some REAL good songs tucked in there. Just stay the hell away from the "image." It's only there to hide the good stuff anyway.

Sir_Beefy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2008, 9:01 pm

Im into Heavy Metal too, just the kind without the screaming and stuff. Saliva is a perfect example of metal with meaning. I like rap too, just not the mainstream. Immortal Technique and KRS-One are examples. If I want to rock the day away, then I put on Rammstein. If I want to dance, I put on Ace of Base.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 9:20 pm

Interesting. You mean you visit radio stations?

Can I share? Heavy metal and some songs from rock, and I agree, no screaming is prefered. I like actual songs, not "YAaaaaaa aaaaaa!" (pointless) I love Nightwish and Metalica best, but I want to hear other ones to. My favorite place on earth is my home.

carturo222
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:20 am

* Vanessa Mae
* Enya
* Emma Shapplin
* Bond
* Hevia
* Adiemus
* Pet Shop Boys
* Alex Ubago
* The Cranberries
* Diego Modena
* Alanis Morisette
* La Oreja de Van Gogh
* The Corrs
* Dido
* Savage Garden
* Aterciopelados
* Laura Pausini
* Ana Gabriel
* Roxette
* Sting
* Coldplay

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:38 am

Everything except country.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 3:52 pm

LiendaBalla wrote:
Nightwish

I like their songs "Amaranth" and "Wish I Had An Angel". Though I must say, "Romanticide" is so over-the-top, it makes me laugh instead of putting me in a dark mood.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:44 pm

(the Haven?)

All genres have good songs. I'm pretty open minded about music.
As long as it makes me feel some type of emotion (joy, sadness, anger, energy, the desire to dance) it's good.

More than anything else I listen to classic rock. I love music that is technically complex, like Yes, Rush, E.L.P., Dream Theater.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2008, 8:13 pm

Most of today's pop music, a little R&B, and 80s and 90s music. I'll also listen to New Age music when I feel like relaxing.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 9:21 pm

Eggman wrote:
I like techno and house at late night radio,
Anime, and game sound tracks.
I also like places like animeremix, ocremix, where they remix music.

Same here.

Also, I like some J-Pop, Rock, downtempo and electronic music.

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2008, 9:04 am

I like different sorts of metal, Sonata Arctica, Machine Head, Belphegor, Kreator, Immortal, Iron Maiden, Trivium, Opeth, Tool, Behemoth, and many more.

But I seem to like classical music most, it is so beautiful and fascinating that I think I like it more than metal. Beethoven, Bach, Berlioz, Lutoslawski, Stravinsky, Orff, Mozart, Handel, Haydn, Vivaldi, Janacek, Adams, Verdi, Bartok, Schoenberg, Respighi, Ravel, De Falla, Mideaval music (real mideaval music, no bands or modern inetpretation except for Carmina Burana), Schubert, and more, but these are the ones I come up with right now.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:57 am

Black metal and classical music...
But there's a topic for discussing this: Art, Writing, and Music :)

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 10:06 pm

Chaotica wrote:
Black metal and classical music...
But there's a topic for discussing this: Art, Writing, and Music :)

well, I think the originator's point was to what music do you listen to when you want to chill out...maybe. :?