How many people have been banned from other forums on here?

Page 9 of 10 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 7:44 pm

I was banned from a forum because a mod hijacked my thread and got me banned because I was complaining. I had the right to complain. I was treated unfairly by that mod. He is banned for now which is good because I hated that jerk. i made a new name and whatnot, buy they eventually found out and now I am banned from the IRC channel and do not post as much as I used to. i still am nerbvous about making threads because you never know where you can find forum Nazis.

Shastania
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2008, 6:55 pm

I got banned from the VGCats.com forum.
Apparently, I posted a thread with a link to a *naughty* website in it.
That'll teach me to have Xtube and Youtube open at the same time...
I also asked a mod to ban me from an anime forum last year whilst I was recovering from my breakdown. I was in a weird place at the time but I'm back on with a new account. They all know it's me, though.
I don't post there nearly as often as I used to.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 7:45 pm

Well, it wasn't a forum, but... I spammed up an Oekaki when I was, like... ten. XD

I got banned. Eh heh.

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:31 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I looked at it the other day. It is a weird system that i have never seen before on a board. It appears that instead of the mods being able to ban, the mod has to put it to a vote system and ask all members. Though it seems democratic, I dont think that is a very good way to do this- it pretty much amounts to publicly humiliating the person who is to be banned.

Those are the mods and people who were made 'senators' in the board 'government'...lol

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:34 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
ahh, thats sad to hear. Hope you get things sorted :) man, they must have a grudge against aspies :evil: maybe loads of people from here should flood the site :twisted:

If any way begins I'd register up and join the cause..just no one knows it's me...just PM me if that ever happens...

(all hypothetical-calm down people)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:35 pm

(deleted-extra copy)

Last edited by Warsie on 31 Aug 2008, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:39 pm

(ignore oops)

Last edited by Warsie on 31 Aug 2008, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:42 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
Especially aspies. For me I have found that it has become like a special interest..... except even more so.

Oh yea...I remember ~2005 going on TOTSE's forum from 4-9 PM while doing homework....man I was addicted...still am a TOTSEan but not so addicted..

zen_mistress wrote:
Its not easy, being on boards. I remember the first board I ever posted on, back in 2004. I used to put up threads and post and noone ever replied to my posts and threads... they either seemed to think my posts were too odd, or something I was doing was not hitting the right note.... I think posting is nearly as complicated as real-life communication, though real life is so so much more confusing.

people on TOTSE say I'm weird in how I flame back (if someone tells me to "Shut the f**k up" I'd tell them to "Shut the f**k Down!" and/or tell them go Goatse themselves..lol.

Yeah, same for me in internet forums when I first posted.

Now that I think about it, I do remember some people saying the way I posted and typed and the like was weird (some guy said "something was missing" he said or I was "really f*****g stupid" or "I was 8 years old"..lol that predates my diagnosis by a year or so)

Last edited by Warsie on 31 Aug 2008, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 10:47 pm

Nairin wrote:
Well, it wasn't a forum, but... I spammed up an Oekaki when I was, like... ten. XD

I got banned. Eh heh.

how old are you? LOL, you spammed up a chan Oekaki board when you were 10? At most that makes you 14 now...

And seeing all this bullshit makes me see that the idea of anonymous boards (chan sites, like 4chan) was right as Shii put

Quote:
* Registration keeps out good posters. Imagine someone with an involving job related to your forum comes across it. This person is an expert in her field, and therefore would be a great source of knowledge for your forum; but if a registration, complete with e-mail and password, is necessary before posting, she might just give up on posting and do something more important. People with lives will tend to ignore forums with a registration process.
* Registration lets in bad posters. On the other hand, people with no lives will thrive on your forum. Children and Internet addicts tend to have free time to go register an account and check their e-mail for the confirmation message. They will generally make your forum a waste of bandwidth.
* Registration attracts trolls. If someone is interested in destroying a forum, a registration process only adds to the excitement of a challenge. One might argue that a lack of registration will just let "anyone" post, but in reality anyone can post on old-type forum software; registration is merely a useless hassle. Quoting a 4channeler:

Trolls are not out to protect their own reputation. They seek to destroy other peoples' "reputation" ... Fora with only registered accounts are like a garden full of flowers of vanity a troll would just love to pick.

* Anonymity counters vanity. On a forum where registration is required, or even where people give themselves names, a clique is developed of the elite users, and posts deal as much with who you are as what you are posting. On an anonymous forum, if you can't tell who posts what, logic will overrule vanity. As Hiroyuki, the administrator of 2ch, writes:

If there is a user ID attached to a user, a discussion tends to become a criticizing game. On the other hand, under the anonymous system, even though your opinion/information is criticized, you don't know with whom to be upset. Also with a user ID, those who participate in the site for a long time tend to have authority, and it becomes difficult for a user to disagree with them. Under a perfectly anonymous system, you can say, "it's boring," if it is actually boring. All information is treated equally; only an accurate argument will work.

http://wakaba.c3.cx/shii/

EDIT: Man, I messed up....sorry; I have 6 posts in a row or something? Oope man :oops:

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:46 am

Warsie wrote:
Nairin wrote:

I got banned. Eh heh.

how old are you? LOL, you spammed up a chan Oekaki board when you were 10? At most that makes you 14 now...

I actually don't remember how old I was then... XD Ten was just a guess. But I'm around fourteen. XD

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Landaree
Raven
Raven

01 Sep 2008, 6:42 am

I've never been banned from any forum... heck, I can't remember if I've ever been called to attention by moderators, either. And the thing is, I'm quite argumentative, as well as intrigued by tense discussions, so I tend to join them.

But I guess I have a deep enough understanding of netiquette not to come even close of breaking major rules of the forums I'm in; and I'm actually a moderator myself in some of them, which probably gives me a fair amount of empathy towards the pains of moderating.

MrMark
Abstract Data Type
Abstract Data Type

01 Sep 2008, 6:50 am

There's nothing inheirently wrong with being arguementative, (unless it's with a mod who's trying to help you retain your posting privileges :) ), it's when it becomes personal that there's a problem.

- Emerson

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:46 pm

Nairin wrote:
I actually don't remember how old I was then... XD Ten was just a guess. But I'm around fourteen. XD

lol...

Got to laugh at the people who are 12 years old and sometimes know more of the memes than me...I feel inadequate now :oops:

EDIT: LOL you have 666 poxts XD

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:22 pm

I was banned from a couple of forums because I didn't agree with the majority of the members there. I was accused of being a troll on a third forum for coming to the defense of someone else who was being viciously attacked during a really nasty flame war.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:13 am

I've been banned from a few places.

- I got banned from the Sugar Rush forums for... I can't remember why, there were more mods than members on that damn place.
- I got banned from the Matt Willis forum because I called the moderator a c**t. But then, that was deliberate on my part for amusement's sake.
- I got banned from the Busted forum for similar reasons (me attempting to piss everyone off) but then got reinstated because, frankly, I was nailing one of the mods at the time.