Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BMWE36
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2008, 11:46 am

Now I'm not sure if I should be posting in this forum, as I don't have AS and I'm not sure if this topic is supposed to be in this forum, but a moderator can move it isn't.

Now, I'm currently in High School, and in my business class, there's this boy who we've been told has AS. He displays the traits, but when we asked him about it he said his parents told him that the doctors were wrong :?: Anyways

We recently got a test back, and he got 49/50. The teacher made a big deal out of it, saying how he got the best in the class. However, mine was last and he corrected himself, as I scored 100%. The boy in question seemed to get very depressed.

At the end of class he asked me how long I studied for, as he had studied for 5h. I told him most of the questions were common sense, and I didn't study at all for the test. He seemed to get even more depressed, and mentioned that he wanted to kill me for being a "perfect NT."

I wanna know, as we had to read up on AS since he came to the school, whether or not to take him seriously. If I read correctly, AS people don't use or understand sarcasm and so I can't tell if he was joking, as he was arrested for arson before. Also, reading some people's posts on here about "NTs", I'm very scared that he could actually try to kill me.

Am I just paranoid because I've heard bad things about AS, or would you actually try to kill a NT who was smarter than you?

Adrenaline
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2008, 11:59 am

Do not worry about it.
he most likely has felt degraded and/or rejected and a social loser and stuff most of his life.
he most likely got a rush out of finely feeling somewhat special like he is better then most at something,
then felt you claimed that much needed ego prize from him, not your fault, he is just frustrated and venting.
try making him a nice friend note, get to know him, let him feel he is not a total social reject by becoming a friend.
"But" be sure to be clear about your boundaries, he may get too overly attached too fast and may need a reality check now and then.
if you do not want to do that then just let it go and ignore him, just what ever you do try not to seem like your rubbing it in,
"OR" present your self to him in a friendly way like its all a friendly educational challenge, he "may" take well to that if its with no doubts a friendly contest.

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 12:22 pm

ROFL! Yes the big bad Apie is going to get you in your sleep! He's going to bore you to death with random facts about trains! :roll:

I seriously doubt he would try to kill you.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 12:26 pm

It is the person, not the condition, that should concern you. He is likely feeling inferior and frustrated, and possibly embarrassed having been praised and then, depending on his perception, feeling that it was taken away publicly. There is no absolute on sarcasm and it's use, though it can be awkward when used in my own observation. If you end up feeling threatened, deal with it immediately - but I would not immediately be afraid on the basis of being AS. The arson indicates some likely impulse control issues; does not necessitate that he is violent (though it is possible) but moreso that he may speak/react before thinking of consequences.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 2:24 pm

BMWE36 wrote:
Also, reading some people's posts on here about "NTs", I'm very scared that he could actually try to kill me.

If you truly have real concerns and worries about such his verbal threat about killing you, then you should speak to your school
guidance counselor at your school...

After the tragic events which occurred at the Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado in April, 1999 and other school shootings of the past, such threatening statements should not be made or taken with little disregard.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2008, 4:23 am

wblastyn wrote:
ROFL! Yes the big bad Apie is going to get you in your sleep! He's going to bore you to death with random facts about trains! :roll:

I seriously doubt he would try to kill you.

Lol at that (and I really mean it!)

If I'm really upset sometimes I say crazy things (quality, not quantity that counts with me since sometimes I can't get my words out). I don't mean them, chances are he's not serious. Aspies are often articulate and I have a feeling that we (I'm technically diagnosed autistic but I'm considered a borderline case by my psychiatrist) can and will use our adequate language skills to make up for our poor social skills; and in this case it seems to have been overly successful at expressing his discontent as a situation.

Alaras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 5:11 am

I'd never try to kill anyone (I only attack pillows and punching bags). I would, however, make an over-the-top effort to either make you look bad or humiliate you if I felt you were malicious about it (most likely involving either polka music or flirting, regardless of your gender). Still, it seems harmless enough. He actually might resent you for being able to blend in, though. Best thing you can do is either be friendly (remember to give him that reality check if he gets too attached) or advise him to ask the teacher to not announce scores aloud.

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 3:53 am

Dont worry about his threat unless you think he has the intention or motive for carrying it out. A lot of people aspie or otherwise say they are going to kill peoplewhen they are frustrated but dont mean it. I often say "I am going to kill you" or "you are so dead" but it isnt meant literally.