Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 3:40 pm

Yes, that is right. I am ready to just throw in the towel on everything. I thought i was in the right place, the right job and it ended up being all wrong. I was a manager for a bbq place for a little over two months. It damn near killed me. 12 hour days and nonstop smoke and stress. No wonder they have such a huge turnover rate. The saturday started sh***y anyways, with one person walking out after being reprimanded for telling another employee to shut up in front of the customers. I then got to take care of the entire front of the place, and train a new cashier, as well as the usual jobs of getting drive thru, taking care of a new employee, break up two fights between the staff, and be the go between for two managers because one pissed the other off, and now the other is pulling the silent treatment. Thanks to the head manager, who decided he would just disappear for two hours and not communicate with the rest of us that we had someone coming in for an interview. Phones ringing, no one to pick them up but me and No help in sight. Finally around four pm the head manager decides to saunter in, and sits on his lazy ass at his desk when he sees i am swarmed with customers and training a cashier as well as taking call in orders. I asked him to help a customer at the drive in window who had already called in their order and was waiting patiently for her food. All he had to do was take her money and hand her the food. He then proceded to b***h at me for not assigning him to a register and not leaving a til open ( it was time to change cashiers so i was changing out new drawers.....takes all of ten seconds, not to mention his lazy ass could assign himself to any til in the whole f*****g store. ) All the while the other manager on duty is calling me over to referee a meeting between two other battling staffers. f**k THIS!! !! !

I took five. telling the other manager i wanted to walk out. His reply: "do it". Turns out he had been on the phone with the owner that afternoon and had told him exactly what the gm had done and how he had been bullying me all day and left me with all his work to do. With the support of the staff.... i walked out. i put my keys and my card on the desk that the GM was sitting at and walked out.

My husband had already asked me to put in my three weeks notice a week before. I was only scheduled for two more days.

Now WHAT!! !!
I am angry at the world right now. My husband for asking me to quit, even though i had thought about it. Now what am i supposed to do? I am loookin for another job and have a few things laid out.

i am tired. Tired of being the breadwinner while he goes to class and works part time. I resent that he can do whatever the f**k he wants but i cannot. Right now i wish i could just stop it all and kill myself. Yeah, i said it. I dont really want to , but i just want the anger and the pain and the frustration to stop. I always think things through when i do things and dont worry i wont be doing somehting like that, but still it crosses my mind. I just want the pain to stop. I can feel myself in this deep depression and i dont like the person it is making me. I just want to be happy again but i dont know what will snap me out of it. please God, just snap me out of it just this once. I am so angry i feel like i could explode and I am tired of being punished for being angry. .I dont want to go through the agony of finding a job again and all that BS that goes with it. I am putting on weight with stress eating, i am losing my voice from the smoke and it looks dark and ugly right now. Please, God.... shine some light on this.

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 3:48 pm

I think you should get away dont know how but you should. If you dont like your job quit. the only way is all the way (not meaning you should kill your self) I wanted to do that once but got over it and my life has turned.

The only thing you cant do. Is the thing you say you cant.

And dont give up. That have never done anything good for anyone.

Hope this helps with something.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 4:14 am

nothing like a lazy ass f&^kwit of a boss to ruin things..
quiting that job is the only option.

there are better ones out there

don't give up,

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 9:42 am

thanks very much. I have quit that job and have been out for a week looking for another job. I already feel better. The clouds are starting to clear.