The "I'm Currently depressed but..." Thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Do you struggle with "one night depression"?
No, but here's a hug anyway *hug* 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Yes, I totally know what you mean! *hug* 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

KRIZDA88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm

I often have times (like now) when I feel depressed and all around icky it usually is due to a combination of meds wearing off, being tired, and sometimes hormones play a roll too. It's relatively normal but it is times like this when I could really use a hug or someone to not tell me it's just the meds/hormones you'll be fine, because I know that already but that doesn't address how I feel now. So I thought I would post a thread where people who may feel this way to can come and know they are not alone.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:15 pm

I often look at my feelings logically, and all it does is depress me more. Knowing your emotions are causes by a given factor doesn't make them less real.
I hope you feel better
*hugs*

KRIZDA88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2008, 9:29 pm

I don't like to look at my feelings logically because like you said it seems like you're trying to explain them away. My parents often do this and I think that's where I learned it. I know that there may be some underlying factor that brings those feelings to the surface but that doesn't mean the feelings aren't real and when my mom finds that underlying reason her interest in what I'm feeling immediately decreases and she ceases to worry about it. I don't want my parents to have to worry about me but sympathy would be nice.

I do feel better now though I'm not real happy with myself for basically sleeping all day when I should have been studying :study: and doing homework but its Saturday and this stuff isn't due till Tuesday (even though it may as well be due tomorrow because I won't be home [in my dorm room] much Sunday or Monday). Anyway, I should probably get ready for bed so I can get up early tomorrow for church and then go home (to my house) for a impromptu family reunion :help: [jk it shouldn't be too horrible].

Thanks for the understanding and hugs!

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?