Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2008, 7:36 pm

who else hates this time of year? dont get me wrong im all for the gift giving part and seeing the family ...in small doses.
but everyone seems to gather in throngs...there is no ME time anymore...no time to unwind..
i have to share my room now and theres extra people in the house creating alot of noise.
my auntie keeps hugging me and kissing me...WHY? i feel a meltdown is on the horizon and i dont think i can hold it in.
i feel like im going to explode!
just needed to vent a bit :oops:

raggle-taggle-gypsy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2008, 7:45 pm

I'm working straight through tomorrow. It seemed like a good idea a few weeks ago, but I think I'll miss my family :cry:

You can't win at Christmas really

in the arms of me raggle taggle gypsy-o

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 9:31 pm

People asking me what my plans are and then feeling sorry for me when they find out I'll be alone drives me crazy. There's a huge amount of pressure put on everyone to be with family at this time of year, and people think you're a freak if you're by yourself. They don't understand that I'll be perfectly happy watching my Christmas DVDs and doing needlework.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 10:45 pm

I don't do christmas, but I'm old enuf (parents are dead) to do that. Just having a quiet day at home with the dogs, no decor, no presents, nice!

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

24 Dec 2008, 11:32 pm

It's almost over! The day after christmas, make sure you get all of the sale candy.

I hate the holidays. Nothing is ever on TV, the stores are a wreck, and I'm overworked in class before the holidays.

Luckily nobody in my house is doing anything. I hope you get through it.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 4:32 am

I seem to have a meltdown every Christmas season from the added stress of having to spend time with family, as well as rude people and crazy drivers.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 5:24 am

I have a very talkative family and siblings that are I wouldn't say rude but they don't care about my feelings. They know I have AS but still treat me like crap. I had a meltdown lasting for hours on Christmas eve. I woke up the next day not wanting to get up even to open presents. I put on brave face and did but by lunchtime I was almost ready for another meltdown. All the noise from a whole heap of people talking, eating and outside noise (dogs) not to mention the sun on my back was leading to another meltdown. And of course one of my siblings just had to criticise me for saying something. I don't know why I even try to talk to them anymore.

dino_sp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2008, 7:24 am

I think that my problem with christmas is that i feel stupid when i have to say "merry christmas" to everyone i meet.
I see it as a lie, and i know that most people saying " merry christmas" don't really mean that they wish you to have a good christmas. is't just that everyone does this. In minutes i will have to go to the other room, where me and all parents ungles and grandmas will eat. i don't think i can take much of that christmas useless talks. half an hour, maybe. luckly we are at our own home, so i have my computer and can stay alone.
wish me good luck :)

edit: 10 minutes and my head is exploding... plus this uncle that made me some questions: why do he makes only questions that can be answered only yes/no?
i think that they think that i was nervous because noone was talking to me: they don't get the point, i am nervous because i don't want to talk!

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2008, 9:57 am

I really love Christmas because Jesus is the reason for the season! Dawn

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2008, 3:15 pm

Tis a tad exhausting. Have to give up my room so that relatives can cram in for the night, when we have a perfectly useable spare room. "Your rooms so comfortable" I know!! Then there's the foods laying around, fumes, board games where noone follows the rules, surprises under the tree, anxiety driving me barmy. Seem to enjoy this time of year and want to fully, but most of my excitement is anxiety/flashing lights based! Anyway, back to the fun... May find a quiet space to read the rest of the new books :D Slowely!

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2008, 3:20 pm

it could not have gone worse
my auntie kept hugging me and touchig me without asking.
she took food off my plate,put food from her plate onto mine.
everyone being loud...
yeah bad christmas.

coppelia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2008, 3:22 pm

I absolutly Love Christmas.
The only down side is the family was going to come up but because of my problems at the moment they didnt! just me, mum, dad brother and sister and the animals!
Went fabulous!
XOXOXO

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2008, 9:29 pm

It is nearly over, few more days and silent recuperation can commence.
Grateful to recieve a bicycle from room invading Aunt and Uncle (don't drive) can therefore circle out some of the tension and focus on the insignificance of the inconvienience caused. Does not seem right to react in a negetive fashion at these times, inwards or otherwise.
Hope you have an activity to immerse yourself in and work through the frustration. If not, find a woolly hat and start with a long 'power' walk.

AussieAspie
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2008, 9:24 am

Well thank god its over, I was so stressed nearly had a heart attack and was left with 5 hours to buy and wrap xmas presents. Now all we need to do is get past new years eve, possibly the lonliest time possible, and another crock of s**t too. Everyone says next year I'll do this and that and never does, we all get pissed and kiss people we don't know, then wake up with a huge hangover, woohoo

andyfalls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2008, 9:33 am

Yeah, i dislike christmas. Too many people around. What annoys me is my family knows rightly how I am, but expects it not to matter with them because 'they're family'. I don't understand why they think that.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 8:59 pm

this xmas was a relaxing day for me. it was just me my brothers and sisters, 1 nephew, my parents and the animals.
for the last few years the extended family have come up but they didn't do it this year.

have u guys ever gone to the sales on boxing day? i have never gone to the sales on boxing day. i always wait a couple of days before i go because of the massive crowd that goes.
it insane. this year they opened some stores at 7am and people were lining up at 5am.

i need sleep!!