Codependent parents and autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LadyKathleen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2009, 11:28 pm

i love my parents but they act like im a piece of china thats not allowed to taken out of the cupboard for any reason. My siblings i hate to say this but i think its sadly true but they are like the prized furniture pieces i really think they are codependent...its tearing apart my heart and soul to see them like this and it has put our family through a lot. when my sibs had problems my parents were afraid to say anything to them out of losing their neurotypical children. they get really neurotic when i exercise and eat bc they always worry about me. they wanted to make me fat and lazy so i wouldnt leave them so i wouldnt venture out so i wouldnt love myself enough to leave. i really dont want to be 5 pounds heavier just to make them happy because ive never been anorexic and i like what i see for the most part why mess that up..im about 100-105 in muscle weight. They are so overprotective i dont even like coming home...i feel like they are controlling me in a way. its like their happiness comes out of my so-called loser status...cant they be glad im not in a coma or have AIDS or cancer. I even confronted them and they acted all weird about it...what am i supposed to do?????

i just wish my parents could have handled my diagnosis better, but i guess god will take away my suffering that i endured on this earth and i will pray that once i die of old age the future generations of autistic children will be treated better

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:13 am

I was anorexic as a teenager. Look there is no way to be 100-105 lbs of muscle unless you are only about 4'8" tall. My guess is regardless of how bad you think your parents are you need to gain weight. Gaining 5 lbs will not make you lazy where you won't leave the house. If you seriously believe that then you need to get counseling.