Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 12:34 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
LaetiBlaba wrote:
I post this one because I don't like the colour.

Yes, I can see why; I'd be be worried if mine were that colour too! :lol:

My comment was only intended to plead innocent and indirectly imply that the design is nice, as a form of humour.

Oops, I have just realized that I could have said more than I meant...
I sincerely apologies if some of you understood my comment as a potentially racist, I really did NOT mean it.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 12:42 pm

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 6:08 pm

b9 wrote:

For some reason I imagine such a place to be quite damp, when I saw that photo it was almost as if I could smell it on the walls and ceiling. Looks old. I would hazard a guess that there isn't much upkeep done to keep it clean.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 6:14 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
I sincerely apologies if some of you understood my comment as a potentially racist

It took me a moment to work out what you were apologising for there. I certainly hadn't read it that way, but then I guess my comment could be misread like that too! I was alluding to the pallor of a corpse or illness, nothing racial, so my apologies too!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 7:07 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
LaetiBlabla wrote:
I sincerely apologies if some of you understood my comment as a potentially racist

It took me a moment to work out what you were apologising for there. I certainly hadn't read it that way, but then I guess my comment could be misread like that too! I was alluding to the pallor of a corpse or illness, nothing racial, so my apologies too!

guys , guys , guys. overthinking it.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 7:25 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

As a fellow Brit, I'm sure you will understand; if someone shot me in cold blood, I'd still apologise to them for splashing blood on their shoes! :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 8:45 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

As a fellow Brit, I'm sure you will understand; if someone shot me in cold blood, I'd still apologise to them for splashing blood on their shoes! :lol:

Of course I do :lol: I apologise when it's not my fault all the time but have started to add 'not really' when out of earshot.

Although I tend to be more sarcastic as I get older , if someone bumps into me and it's clearly their fault I'm deadpan and say 'Sorry , was I in your way?"

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 4:31 am

some of these i am not sure about, but most are believable. the music overlay is annoying however.
you will need to pause on some to get the humor. try to view on full screen.
the way to do that is to click the youtube logo at the bottom and then choose full screen.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 11:29 pm

ImageImageImage

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 11:52 pm

gosh, if all restaurants were like that one with the bunk tables, we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic here.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 12:15 am

I'd like to know how they get their food.
Maybe the waitress serves it up with a tennis racquet. :lol:

The horse one kind of creeps me out.
Why would you depict a headless horse? :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 1:01 am

^^^mebbe they wanted it to be "completed" with any human standing behind the pic?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 4:02 am

As an Industrial designer, I am appalled at land vehicles which weigh more than their payloads. Cars should weigh hundreds of pounds, not thousands. There are other ways to handle crash safety, so we are hauling around tons of steel just to establish our identities.
I recently learned that ocean going ships have propellers designed according to the Betz Limit. This was what somebody used to see if he wanted to enter a pulling contest against a paddle wheel ship, and is still useful for tugboats, but it leaves the engineers quite content with about 70% efficiency. If they would just use the Froude equations, pertaining to moving objects, they would have to make some noticeable changes, but they'd get 90%, saving gobs of fuel.
Almost everything in our energy supply system is appalling, being designed to maximize profit and addiction, while ignoring the cost of climate change. Likewise, our capitalist economy is designed to concentrate capital, and there is nothing except disaster to stop a slide into a single owner and general starvation. When I first owned a limited company, I couldn't believe all the opportunities it provided to dodge taxes, etc. Our laws are rigged for white-collar crime. Systems engineers could do far better than politicians to design a stable democracy, but we don't hire them.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 10:13 am

i am appalled at the fact that no jetliner has rear view mirrors. cars have had them for ages.
they also do not have horns they can honk at airplanes on a head on collision course.
also, they do not have blinkers or stop lights.
a recipe for disaster.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 4:30 pm