If a chimpanzee gave birth to a human.

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 3:39 pm

It would be evidence against evolution, not for it. It would suggest there was something else going on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 4:13 pm

NewTime wrote:
It would be evidence against evolution, not for it. It would suggest there was something else going on.
A chimpanzee giving birth to a human only implies that its keeper was a zoophiliac.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 6:26 pm

Chimps and humans shared a common ancestor, humans didn't evolve from chimps. Plus we are incompatible species, all other living apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes, humans have 23, they can't combine.

I like reading about hybrid animals... Even fertile hybrids have problems... For example hybrids between the very similar looking Black-capped and Carolina Chickadees. It was discovered hybrid Chickadees literally had lower intelligence than pure birds, enough to impact survival. That is how the two species remain separate even though their ranges meet, the hybrids do not thrive as well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 7:29 pm

NewTime wrote:

It would weird if a human was birthed by any nonhuman creature (hatched from an ostrich egg, or came out of a cow, or whatever). But I don't see your logic. Don't see how it would have anything to do with evolution, one way, or the other. YEC, or pure evolution. Either way you have the problem of keeping living extant species as separate species.

You could artificially inseminate a chimp with a human eggcell already fertilized by a human sperm.

The chimp would be one of the few nonhuman animals that could carry this fully human baby almost to term. Though towards the end of the pregnancy the human baby's head would probably be too big for the mom. Might have to have ceasarean.

But I see no reason why you would want to do that experiment.

You could also inseminate a female chimp with human sperm, or male zookeeper might just rape the ape. And then you could just kick back, and see if a humanzee hybrid pops out months later. But I doubt that that would work. But if it did then the resulting offspring would be neither fully human, nor fully chimp, but a hybrid.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 8:18 pm

There are creationists who say if a chimpanzee gave birth to a human it would support evolution. It would actually suggest that something else is going on at least alongside evolution since evolution does not say that humans originated in their modern form from modern apes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:01 pm

NewTime wrote:
There are creationists who say if a chimpanzee gave birth to a human it would support evolution. It would actually suggest that something else is going on at least alongside evolution since evolution does not say that humans originated in their modern form from modern apes.

Yes. That is correct. Humans did not evolve from any living species of ape.

Even our more apelike ancestors who had already branched off from the most recent human-chimp common ancestor like Lucy weren't able to give birth to fully evolved modern humans like us today.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:32 pm

The thread reminded me of a joke my elderly Aunt told me when I was a kid,
“Mary had a little lamb,the doctor fainted.”

"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2019, 1:04 am

Simulation theory, folks. Remember, Elon Musk predicted this.

If a chimp gave birth to a human, it would only prove that Elon Musk is God.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:11 am

Angnix wrote:
Chimps and humans shared a common ancestor, humans didn't evolve from chimps. Plus we are incompatible species, all other living apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes, humans have 23, they can't combine.

I like reading about hybrid animals... Even fertile hybrids have problems... For example hybrids between the very similar looking Black-capped and Carolina Chickadees. It was discovered hybrid Chickadees literally had lower intelligence than pure birds, enough to impact survival. That is how the two species remain separate even though their ranges meet, the hybrids do not thrive as well.

IIRC, a similar thing happened when researchers cross-bred cats and rabbits ["cabbits"] and the offspring were duller than regular cats.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
Angnix wrote:

IIRC, a similar thing happened when researchers cross-bred cats and rabbits ["cabbits"] and the offspring were duller than regular cats.
8O

I didn't know that that had been done. Cats and rabbits are of similar size, but aren't closely related (the way two chickadees species would be, or the way cats and bobcats are, or even the way humans and chimps are).

That's sounds like a crazy experiment.

=====================

Lions and tigers are both closely related, and are in the same weight class. And when humans have kept them together in captivity they have mated, and produced hybrid offspring.

The hybrids have the same IQ as both parents, but are odd in other ways.

If you do it one way (boy lion, girl tiger) you get ligers. Ligers tend toward giantism, and get bigger than either parent animal. The other way you get tigons which tend towards dwarfism and only get equal to, and often grow up to be smaller than either parent species.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 16 May 2019, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Angnix wrote:

8O I didn't know that that had been done. Cats and rabbits are of similar size, but aren't closely related (the way two chickadees species would be, or the way cats and bobcats are, or even the way humans and chimps are). That's sounds like a crazy experiment.

the resultant hybrids made a "PRRRRREEWW" chirpy sound and had powerful back legs and bounce-walked more like a rabbit than a cat, and also had a short puffy tail. i hope they were allowed to survive.

magz
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:35 am

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Angnix wrote:

8O I didn't know that that had been done. Cats and rabbits are of similar size, but aren't closely related (the way two chickadees species would be, or the way cats and bobcats are, or even the way humans and chimps are). That's sounds like a crazy experiment.

the resultant hybrids made a "PRRRRREEWW" chirpy sound and had powerful back legs and bounce-walked more like a rabbit than a cat, and also had a short puffy tail. i hope they were allowed to survive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbit
Fiction literature, unconfirmed sightings, tabloid reports.
Quote:
Scientific study has determined that such a hybrid is genetically impossible.
http://messybeast.com/cabbit3.htm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:43 am

^^^^^

Yeah. That figures.

Its sounds about as likely as "jackalopes".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:59 am

What do you get when you cross a bear with a skunk? Winnie the phew!

What do you get when you cross a parrot & a centipede? A walkie-talkie!

What do you get if you cross a cow and a camel? Lumpy milkshakes

What do you get if you cross a giraffe and a hedgehog? A 6 foot toothbrush.

What do you get when you cross a baby goat with a hedgehog? A stuck-up kid

What do you get when you cross a centipede with a parrot? A walkie-talkie

What do you get when you cross a snowman with a shark? Frostbite

What do you get when you cross a kangaroo with an elephant? Great big holes all over Australia.

What do you get if you cross a cat with a parrot? A carrot!

What do you get if you cross a cat and a gorilla? An animal that puts you out a night!

What do you get if cross a cat with a canary? Shredded tweet!

What do you get if you cross a cat with a tree? A cat-a-logue!

What do you get if you cross a cat with a bottle of vinegar? A sourpuss!

What do you get if you cross a cat with a canary? A peeping tom!

What do you get if you cross a cat with Father Christmas? Santa Claws!

What do you get if cross a Tomcat with a Pekingese? A Peking Tom!

What do you get if cross a Termite with a Dinosaur? Dino-mite!

What do you get if cross a Turtle with a Cow? A Turtle-Neck Jersey

What do you get if cross a Turkey with a Octopus? Enough Drumsticks for everyone at Thanksgiving

What do you get if cross a Food Processor with a Word Processor? Minced Words

What do you get when you cross oatmeal & ducks? Quacker oatmeal!

What do you get when you cross a wolf and an egg? A very hairy omelette!

What do you get when you cross a bank with a skunk? Dollars and scents!

What do you get when you cross a Mustang and an elephant? A convertible with a big trunk!

What do you get when you cross poison ivy and a four leaf clover? A rash of good luck!

What do you get when you cross a cheetah & a hamburger? Fast Food!

What do you get when you cross a T-Rex with a dog? Something that drinks out of any toilet it wants to!

What do you get when you cross a sheep and a bee Bah-Humbug

What do you get when you cross a gorilla with a computer? A hairy reasoner.

What do you get when you cross a parrot with a lion? I don't know, but when it speaks you better listen.

What do you get when you cross a ghost and a couple of bees? Boobies

What do you get if you cross a daffodil with a crocodile? I don't know but I wouldn't try sniffing it!

What do you get when you cross a python with a porcupine? Ten feet of barbed wire.

What do you get if you cross a cocker spaniel, a poodle, and a rooster? A cockapoodledoo!

What do you get when you cross a donkey with an onion? You either get an onion with long floppy ears, or you get a piece of ass that brings tears to your eyes!

What do you get when you cross the worlds best fairy tale teller and the worlds worst mammal A Whale of a Tale

What do you get when you cross a blue cat and a red parrot? A purple carrot!

What do you get when you cross a parrot and a shark ? A bird that talks your ear off!

What do you get if you cross a canary and a 50-foot long snake ? A sing-a-long!

What do you get if you cross a kangaroo & a sheep? A wooly jumper!

What do you get when you cross a cat, a dog, and an A+? Paws-itively purrr-fect!

What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick layer!

What do you get when you cross a bat and a bell? A dingbat!

What do you get if you cross a sheepdog and a bunch of daisies? Collie flowers.

What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros? Elephino!

What do you get when you cross a galaxy with a toad? Star Warts!

What do you get when you cross a strawberry with a road? A traffic jam!

What do you get when you cross a lizard and a baby? A creepy crawler!

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/animaljokes/criscrossjokes.html

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 5:13 am

I heard a story 1ce about a guy who had sex with a horse & the horse got pregnant. When the horse gave birth the baby had a horse's body with a human head. I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time & I was told it was a news story. Someone was probably playing a prank on us kids.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.