What does your WP forum name mean?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 6:30 am

A combination of my first name and birth year. Because I'm just that creative.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Mine is "Mountain" as in a mountain, and "Goat" as in a goat.

Do you mean to ask "Why did I choose my username?"
I don't know what OP TenMinutes meant. Unlike NTs, I don't claim I can read minds. :hmph:

But...

I've been curious for some time as to why you chose "Mountain Goat". :chin:

Feel free to decline answering if you'd rather remain a Man of Mystery! 8)

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 2:28 pm

The forum name 'JustFoundHere' reflects what is 'found' 'here' on WP as what is important in understanding the Autism Spectrum.

My forum name is unlike other names; that is the forum name is not a noun. 'JustFoundHere' is not a person, place, or thing.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 9:43 pm

I'm not even sure what mine comes up with as my nick and user are same but different.

Anyhow D derived from name and a dinosaur.

Pretty simple

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 10:09 pm

I seem to recall posting about this in another, older thread. But anyhow blackic is a Shadowrun reference. Black is a lethal type of intrusion countermeasure to protect networks against Deckers. So it is Black I.C. and menace is referring to the lethal nature of the BlackIC Matrix construct. Pretty sure Shadowrun ripped off Cyberpunk, but adds D&D to a cyberpunk like dystopian future.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 5:36 am

Irulan Corrino was a character from "The Dune" books by Frank Herbert, though paradoxically, I am not a big fan of the series. Although I am reading "Dune: The Butlerian Jihad" now and I really like it so far :) I especially like the character of Erasmus :D I am generally a big fan of evil robots from books and movies.

Btw, today I won a music album in an online contest because I answered the question: what planet would you like most to spend your vacation on"?

To which I replied instantly: Dune because the best melange is in there. :D :mrgreen: :twisted:

In Polish, melanż - melange - means both the melange from the novels (the spice) as well as is a slang term for a booze-up :mrgreen: :lol:

CrabbyHermit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2021, 6:26 am

I wanted something not serious although I was feeling a bit grumpy the day I registered.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:05 am

The name of the hero of a science fiction novel I was attempting to write as a teenager. His culture named themselves after chemical elements. Also, he was a centaur. From Mars. Who was dead. It was pretty bad.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:47 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
The name of the hero of a science fiction novel I was attempting to write as a teenager. His culture named themselves after chemical elements. Also, he was a centaur. From Mars. Who was dead. It was pretty bad.

I dunno about that, it sounds like something I would read. But I tend to write over the op stuff, so of course I would think that.

My username is a mix of two things. 'Flea' is a nickname I had on a word game that I used to play. I chose that name for myself there because I was like a little pest that would show up late in the game and quickly climb up the leaderboard. I'm pretty sure I annoyed the hell out of people in the top ten when I'd do that. 'Of the chill' comes from a childhood nickname an old friend of mine gave me, that kinda stuck. One day he started calling me 'Chill', saying something along the lines of, if I were any calmer, I'd be dead. I'm not sure that I'd call myself calm, but I thought it was a funny thing to say. For years, my name was Chill.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 10:30 am

When I created the account my symptoms were extremely strong and I had the short term memory of a goldfish (about 3 seconds) and my birthday is on the 21st.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 3:42 pm

BTW, speaking of goldfish, I read that Chinese folks call a paedo "a goldfish man" - that's because according to the popular stereotype, those people ask little children if they want to see goldfish, in the same manner their American or European counterparts ask kids if they want to see a puppy/kitty, just to lure the child in this way.

I don't keep goldfish myself, though, I keep black mollies instead :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:20 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Mine is "Mountain" as in a mountain, and "Goat" as in a goat.

Do you mean to ask "Why did I choose my username?"
I don't know what OP TenMinutes meant. Unlike NTs, I don't claim I can read minds. :hmph:

But...

I've been curious for some time as to why you chose "Mountain Goat". :chin:

Feel free to decline answering if you'd rather remain a Man of Mystery! 8)

Its actually a good moniker for a train enthusiast like him, for this reason:

The now defunct "Great Northern Railroad" of the western US had the mountain goat as its symbol. But when I asked him about it I was surprised when he told me that he wasnt even aware of that use of mountain goats as a railroad trademark ( though he liked the image when I showed him a link).

So that was NOT the reason he picked it. Go figure. :lol:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:11 pm

^^ Imagine Superboy but with my face over it.... And yes, my name is Ian.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 2:27 am

My two main interests at the time I joined.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 8:11 am

Shortfatbalduglyman

Height
Width, proportion, percent skeleton (body) fat

Hairy

Gender identity, not the same as sex

:mrgreen:

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

09 May 2021, 10:23 am

I almost used a handle from another forum, but decided against it. I wanted something descriptive but a little more anonymous, so I thought, "How would I describe myself?" and that was the first thing that popped into my mind. Still true.