The last health ailment you suffered from

Page 27 of 30 [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 1:22 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
babybird wrote:
Well I developed a mysterious limp back in May. My leg has become a law unto itself.

I went for an mri to see if it is anything to do with my spine and found that I have a tumour on a nerve sheath and my spine is basically f****d.

Still none the wiser about the limp though.

Is the tumor malignant, or benign? I also hope that you can figure out what's wrong with your leg. :(

Don't know if its benign or malignant as yet. I only just got it diagnosed so I'm awaiting further tests. It's more than likely benign with where it is so it could be a case of just keeping an eye on it to make sure it's not causing an issue.

Yes the leg is a mystery. At least I can cycle still.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 1:32 am

Have you had an EMG test? Tried Osteopathy?

It does sound quite mysterious, but I'm hopeful your doctors will figure it out.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 1:40 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Have you had an EMG test? Tried Osteopathy?

It does sound quite mysterious, but I'm hopeful your doctors will figure it out.

I've not had any of that. I went to physio because they thought it was to do with my back but after the mri scan they said that nothing that was going on with my back is causing an intrusion to my leg.

Im thinking it's to do with the communication from my brain to my leg that's the issue.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:17 pm

For the last few weeks I have been dealing with a back pain :roll: It was so bad that every time I vomited :x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:27 pm

Irulan wrote:
For the last few weeks I have been dealing with a back pain :roll: It was so bad that every time I vomited :x

i've been dealing with such for about 20 years now. what i found that worked is losing major amounts of weight to take the load off my spine and SI joint, doing core strength exercises to take the load off of spine and SI joint and hips, daily doses of anti-inflammatory drugs/medicinal grade curcumin/5-lox inhibitor, daily lumbar stretching using a portable traction device*, avoiding refined carbs in diet.

*a simple form of this is to take an old spare inner tube from a tire, or a tire itself, rope it to a stout overhanging tree branch, then insert your torso through the tire hole and hang there, let your lower half of your body's weight just gently tug down and stretch your lumbar spine, this offers tremendous relief from compressed lumbar vertebrae and relieves sciatica symptoms as well. :idea:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:33 pm

Luckily, now the pain is gone :) My mom had a very bad sciatica attack somewhere in 2010 but luckily for her, now everything is O.K. with her spine :) I don't need to lose my weight, for I'm a thin person but maybe I will try to make some exercises indeed :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:35 pm

Irulan wrote:
Luckily, now the pain is gone :) My mom had a very bad sciatica attack somewhere in 2010 but luckily for her, now everything is O.K. with her spine :) I don't need to lose my weight, for I'm a thin person but maybe I will try to make some exercises indeed :)

good show, core strengthening exercises include pushups/planks, bridges [upside down pushups arching your hips upwards off the ground, with feet on floor and head/neck on pillow], abdominal crunches, reverse leg-lifts on your hands and knees.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:38 pm

I will try doing those, thanks :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:39 pm

Irulan wrote:
I will try doing those, thanks :)

also consider the aforementioned lumbar stretch. that is a big part of it.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 2:40 pm

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 1:07 pm

A cold sore.

I really shouldn't complain though since my dad is still in the hospital after his accident a few weeks ago. He has a gallbladder infection and they're sticking a tube into his body to drain it. Other than that he's actually in good health. My mother said he's been sedated so he's been sleeping most of the time. I hope he doesn't suffer an addiction to whatever they're sedating him with. :(

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 1:46 pm

Last year in January, I had a mild case of COVID. I wasn't really sick, I never even had a fever. The only symptom I experienced was loss of taste and smell for a couple of weeks, but that alone was extremely inconvenient. :x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 2:25 pm

Descartes wrote:
Last year in January, I had a mild case of COVID. I wasn't really sick, I never even had a fever. The only symptom I experienced was loss of taste and smell for a couple of weeks, but that alone was extremely inconvenient. :x

i take it this was interfering with culinary pursuits?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 5:00 am

Yesterday, in the late evening, I got a nausea and a (very mild, luckily) diarrhoea. I couldn't sleep for half the night, for my stomach was churning :x I felt like there was a stone or some other heavy thing in it.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 1:54 pm

The same today - I vomited :?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 7:00 pm

Infected arm.
Since ive had my lymph nodes removed on that side i had to go to emergency.