what things do you think SHOULD have been invented

Page 9 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

what things do you want somebody to invent?
a perpetual motion machine :bounce: 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
antigravity boots :bounce: 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
noiseless chainsaws :idea: 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
self-tying shoes :idea: 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
a real holodeck :idea: 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
compact warp drive :idea: 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
holographic surround sound in a box :idea: 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
real flying magic carpets :idea: 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
safe personal jetpacks :idea: 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
real hoverboard :idea: 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
calorie-free cholesterol-free fat :chef: 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
a pill that does away with dookie :idea: 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
a brain amplifier :idea: 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
star-trek-style food replicator :chef: 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
machine that kills earthquakes and storms :idea: 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
real androids :idea: 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
intelligent sexbots :bounce: 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
phonograph record optical scanner :idea: 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
machine that automatically heals all disease :idea: 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
portable houses :idea: 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 106

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 10:22 pm

the mental ability to rat out incompetent voters.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 1:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
i can tell you from my own experience at least [YMMV] that for those of us on the spectrum, medicinal speed [amphetamines to stimulate the frontal lobes] don't give us the ol' eyes-open-wide effect. and meth is FAR stronger.

I'm on medicinal speed as you can likely tell, ksdf ;dkfjsd;kfjsdj asldkfjsdfkasj ks lllls dlllclols dksdlsj;lkjkj; ; ..... :twisted:

I didn't know it was an amphetamine until after I started taking it. The neuropsychiatrist explained it all to me but I was having an ADHD moment and not really paying attention. :oops: I'm combined-type ADHD so I find my stimulant is hit and miss. When I'm hyperobsessed with something, I become more hyperobsessed. When I'm having a deficit of attention, I have more of a deficit of attention.

I'm talking to my doctor tomorrow for a med update.

Words of wisdom please? Is this the desired response for the med? I assume that no matter which type of ADHD medication I try, my reaction will be affected by autism. I doubt they test all the meds on autistic people.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 1:32 am

Dylanperr wrote:
A southern hemisphere calendar.

By that I mean one that is backwards like the seasons and you can still celebrate Christmas in winter in places like Australia and New Zealand.

I would say the biggest reason why this wasnt invented because Australia and New Zealand were colonized before Christmas was commercialized.

By commercialized, it became associated with decorations, snow, Christmas food.

Not sure what you mean.
But yes I can imagine how holidays are messed up because you have summer when we have winter.

Do you mean that you want to celebrate Christmas when there is snow on the ground in the temperate zone in the southern Hemisphere (which would be when its summer here in the northern hemisphere)?

If thats what you mean then that makes sense to me. You all should be allowed to have Christmas on your own southern hemisphere date (around the Summer solstice -june 21 - like Dec. 25th is around the winter solstice-Dec 21- of the northern hemisphere).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 2:04 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i can tell you from my own experience at least [YMMV] that for those of us on the spectrum, medicinal speed [amphetamines to stimulate the frontal lobes] don't give us the ol' eyes-open-wide effect. and meth is FAR stronger.

I'm on medicinal speed as you can likely tell, ksdf ;dkfjsd;kfjsdj asldkfjsdfkasj ks lllls dlllclols dksdlsj;lkjkj; ; ..... :twisted: I didn't know it was an amphetamine until after I started taking it. The neuropsychiatrist explained it all to me but I was having an ADHD moment and not really paying attention. :oops: I'm combined-type ADHD so I find my stimulant is hit and miss. When I'm hyperobsessed with something, I become more hyperobsessed. When I'm having a deficit of attention, I have more of a deficit of attention. I'm talking to my doctor tomorrow for a med update. Words of wisdom please? Is this the desired response for the med? I assume that no matter which type of ADHD medication I try, my reaction will be affected by autism. I doubt they test all the meds on autistic people.

sorry but they seem to be very much a YMMV thing. you just have to try each frontal lobe stimulant until you can find one that has more plusses than minuses for you. for me, it was strattera that hit the magic spot.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 2:42 am

Is Strattera a non-stimulant?

I think he said his second choice for me was Foquest, followed by Adderall XR and Concerta.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 3:55 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I think he said his second choice for me was Foquest, followed by Adderall XR and Concerta.

it is a non-amphetamine but it IS a stimulant of sorts in its effect on the frontal lobes. any reason he didn't mention it to you?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:04 pm

The mental ability to predict an individual's future without physical touch.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 10:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

it is a non-amphetamine but it IS a stimulant of sorts in its effect on the frontal lobes. any reason he didn't mention it to you?

There were some categories of medicine that he wouldn't recommend for me, based on my heart condition and history of stroke, arrhythmia and hypertension.

He was leery putting me on anything because they all affect the heart. He actually started me at a 5mg dose which was so low it had to be specially compounded by the chemist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:06 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

There were some categories of medicine that he wouldn't recommend for me, based on my heart condition and history of stroke, arrhythmia and hypertension.

He was leery putting me on anything because they all affect the heart. He actually started me at a 5mg dose which was so low it had to be specially compounded by the chemist.

well i hope that whatever the dose that it is doing good things for you?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:47 pm

I wish we had actual VR already. I would gladly check out of life and just live my days in a video game... lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 1:36 am

as soon as they invent a simple VR that lets me watch tv itself in total immersion, I'll be first in life to buy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 5:40 pm

Technology to visit alternate dimensions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:34 am

technology to keep alternate dimensions from visiting US. :alien: :skull:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

well i hope that whatever the dose that it is doing good things for you?

I'm at the normal starter dose now after ... 15 months of increments?

I never think it's doing anything unless I miss a day. Then my world comes crashing down in total chaos.

Overall it's helpful, but I don't think any ADHD medication can fix the parts of EF that are related to ASD.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:39 am

Technology that allows humans to easily visit other planets. We'd probably ruin other planets though, so I don't know if that's a good idea...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:40 am

Emotion-figure-outers