Why is there hesitancy to get the jab ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 11:07 am

I just wish we could put our differences to one side for time being and focus on ridding ourselves of the pandemic rather than bickering that its all a conspiracy or that people would prefer they didn't get it because they feel they know more about their health and science than a medical scientist. I saw video where a 52 year old man called in to a radio programme and said he won't get the jab and said he is moving to China because the UK is too authoritarian well, China is more authoritarian than the UK. He also thinks that yoga he was doing for 20 years will protect him from the disease.
He also said when he went to other parts of the world he didn't need a vaccination for malaria for example because he trusts his immune system will protect him. Well, if he gets bitten by a cobra, would he do star jumps to flush the venom from his body ?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 11:30 am

Some people are afraid of needles, refuse to admit it, and will use any excuse to avoid a little jab in the arm.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 11:48 am

Some people are just naturally contrary.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:46 pm

Because so many contradictions, conspiracy theories and scaremongering goes on on the media.

I have anxiety about anticipation, and irrationally anticipating flu-like symptoms after having the vaccine is 'scarier' than any possible worst outcomes (such as getting COVID). It seems more people have had severe reactions to the vaccine than they had with COVID.

I'm even terrified of colonoscopies because of the preparation. I'd hate to drink that stuff then wait for the explosions I'll be getting for the rest of the day. Irrationally that is 'worse' than getting bowel cancer.

Note: Both fears are IRRATIONAL, not logical. But I read somewhere that it's human nature to be more afraid of treatment than disease itself. It's a psychological thing.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 7:59 pm

We are in an era where there is little trust and a lot of suspicions, especially when it involves government.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2021, 9:01 pm

There is no pandemic.
It looks convincing but look down the rabbit hole and you will find it's all a lie, and I am not having poison injected into me.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 9:26 pm

I've seen news and blogs about why various people are not getting vaccinated & I am not going to research the validity of the various claims; somewhat because I simply do not have the energy, but mostly because my own situation is the only one I am going to have enough medical data on.
And that is that the same defective immune system, endocrine system, and mitochondria, which make me high risk for the virus also make me high risk for an ugly reaction to the vaccine as has happened from time to time for other medications.
What a spot to be in, eh.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 8:15 am

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
There is no pandemic.  It looks convincing but look down the rabbit hole and you will find it's all a lie, and I am not having poison injected into me.
I sincerely hope that you have made plans for  Your Imminent Future 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 5:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:
There is no pandemic.  It looks convincing but look down the rabbit hole and you will find it's all a lie, and I am not having poison injected into me.
I sincerely hope that you have made plans for  Your Imminent Future 
Let's hope he doesn't do it on the "Friends and Family" plan.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2021, 3:58 pm

:heart:

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
I've seen news and blogs about why various people are not getting vaccinated & I am not going to research the validity of the various claims; somewhat because I simply do not have the energy, but mostly because my own situation is the only one I am going to have enough medical data on.
And that is that the same defective immune system, endocrine system, and mitochondria, which make me high risk for the virus also make me high risk for an ugly reaction to the vaccine as has happened from time to time for other medications.
What a spot to be in, eh.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 4:46 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
I've seen news and blogs about why various people are not getting vaccinated & I am not going to research the validity of the various claims; somewhat because I simply do not have the energy, but mostly because my own situation is the only one I am going to have enough medical data on. And that is that the same defective immune system, endocrine system, and mitochondria, which make me high risk for the virus also make me high risk for an ugly reaction to the vaccine as has happened from time to time for other medications. What a spot to be in, eh.
Citing another person's compromised immune system as an excuse to not get the vaccine yourself is the same faulty logic that is applied to citing another person's glandular disorder as an excuse to not go on a diet yourself.

Either way, it is YOUR funeral.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2021, 4:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:
I've seen news and blogs about why various people are not getting vaccinated & I am not going to research the validity of the various claims; somewhat because I simply do not have the energy, but mostly because my own situation is the only one I am going to have enough medical data on. And that is that the same defective immune system, endocrine system, and mitochondria, which make me high risk for the virus also make me high risk for an ugly reaction to the vaccine as has happened from time to time for other medications. What a spot to be in, eh.
Citing another person's compromised immune system as an excuse to not get the vaccine yourself is the same faulty logic that is applied to citing another person's glandular disorder as an excuse to not go on a diet yourself.

We have freedom of choice.
I am not buying into this codswallop covid thing, covid is an excuse to control us in the same way they control china/North Korea etc.
The jabs are not effective, nor are masks, bullies try to fool us, and not only that, they get aggressive and come down hard when people won't go along with them. Well, I won't have the jab, I am safe I am free and I don't care who judges me, because I know the truth.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2021, 4:51 pm

As I live in a city with a bunch of tree hugging hippies and they think its wrong to vaccinate in general, allowing nature to take it cause etc. There was a protest last weekend over it.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2021, 4:53 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:

We have freedom of choice.
I am not buying into this codswallop covid thing, covid is an excuse to control us in the same way they control china/North Korea etc.
The jabs are not effective, nor are masks, bullies try to fool us, and not only that, they get aggressive and come down hard when people won't go along with them. Well, I won't have the jab, I am safe I am free and I don't care who judges me, because I know the truth.

If you do get covid are you planning on wasting the NHS resources getting treated?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 4:54 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:
Citing another person's compromised immune system as an excuse to not get the vaccine yourself is the same faulty logic that is applied to citing another person's glandular disorder as an excuse to not go on a diet yourself.  Either way, it is YOUR funeral.
We have freedom of choice.  I am not buying into this codswallop covid thing, covid is an excuse to control us in the same way they control china/North Korea etc.  The jabs are not effective, nor are masks, bullies try to fool us, and not only that, they get aggressive and come down hard when people won't go along with them.  Well, I won't have the jab, I am safe I am free and I don't care who judges me, because I know the truth.
Those who die free are still dead, but following  These Instructions  may provide some benefit for you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 5:22 pm

Quote:
If you do get covid are you planning on wasting the NHS resources getting treated?

Smokers still get treated by the NHS even though they choose to ruin their lungs by inhaling toxic chemicals then complain when they're suffering with life-threatening diseases like COPD but are too weak-willed to quit smoking, even with the invention of e-cigarettes. I have no sympathy for smokers.

So why shouldn't the same apply to those of us that choose to not have COVID vaccines?

And in any case, the UK is too soft when it comes to death. Human rights applies to everybody here, even evil serial killers get free TV and internet in prison and 3 meals a day. Some even get let out after 40 years, and usually kill again. There is no 'death row'. So I doubt that they'd turn down COVID patients at hospitals.

What about people with certain religions that don't allow medical treatment? Will they get away with not getting vaccinated?
When I worked at a nursing home there was a woman who was very religious (I don't know which religion it was), and she had a treatable, and curable, cancer lump on her face that only started off as a pink patch that could have easily been treated. But because her and her family had this certain religion, they denied any treatment and it took about 2 or 3 years to grow and spread to other areas of her face then to her brain, and she died a slow and agonising death.