Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2021, 1:07 am

What keeps you up at night? For me it's thinking of ideas to better my life science all the way

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 7:58 am

Wrong Planet.
Either I am posting, replaying to a post, or looking for an article to post when I notice the sun is up and wonder how that happened.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 8:55 am

... My screwed up on weekly basis circadian rhythm.

My input sensitivity that messes up my circadian rhythm.
It could be anything; heartburn, some sugar, an exciting movie I binged, funny ideas instead of falling asleep at all, hormones, humidity, gravity...

My already messed up breathing.
In which the causes are just as confusing, only more times frustrating.
It won't matter if I'm genuinely falling asleep; I may sneeze, choke on something watery and cough, unable to breathe through my nose even if there's nothing in there...

The rest makes more sense: special interests, hyperfocus, intense emotions, excitability, desire to finish the unfinished, ill-timed caffeine...
Or nothing because I don't like sleeping. Because of mentioned above.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 10:30 am

My bladder.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 10:59 am

Cats on the internet. :nerdy:
*sniff* ...and congestion.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 11:29 am

Obsessions from OCD.

...Also my rabbit begging for extra pellets all night, every night because he knows I'll relent. lol

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:56 pm

Given the current weather conditions in Oregon right now,
the ongoing heat that will increase very much beginning this Friday. 8O

The temperature in Portland this Saturday could be at or close to 100 degrees. 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:58 pm

Cloudman wrote:
What keeps you up at night?
Smiles and affection from my wife.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:21 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

The temperature in Portland this Saturday could be at or close to 100 degrees. 8O

It's going to be 100 degrees on Sunday here. I've also been having trouble sleeping, so I'm not looking forward to Sunday night at all.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:23 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

It's going to be 100 degrees on Sunday here. I've also been having trouble sleeping, so I'm not looking forward to Sunday night at all.

Even air conditioning at my home hasn't been much of a help. :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 5:45 pm

My boyfriend's sudden movements, coughs and snoring.

My phone (because the internet is so addictive).

My bladder (as already mentioned).

My hay fever if I haven't taken an antihistamine pill (I have hay fever all year round).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 5:48 pm

.... A desire to be awake when it's dark.

I get my second wind when the sun goes down. I'd rather sleep during daylight.

What causes me insomnia in general? Sensory problems (textures, sounds, temperature). I've been taking prescription sedatives every night for years now, so I don't have to worry about insomnia.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2021, 12:26 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
.... A desire to be awake when it's dark.

I get my second wind when the sun goes down. I'd rather sleep during daylight.
I was def like this when I lived with my parents. Part of the reason why was so we could avoid each other more. My mom was very stressed out working in in a job that was nice at 1st but had rapidly gone downhill the longer she was there. I'm disabled & I have worked some but the best jobs I could do were minimum wage type stuff & I was very lucky to even get those jobs. I almost never heard back after submitting job apps. My mom resented me for not working cuz she can NOT relate to being disabled & there's a huge generational gap from when she was looking for work after graduating high-school & me looking for work after I graduated high-school. She felt I was lazy & blamed me for her not being able to retire from a job she disliked & hated at times towards the end. I was NOT happy with the situation but my best efforts to try & improve & make progress were NOT working. I was just running in place & did not have any supports & services willing & able to help me with things. It was better for me to be up at night so I could avoid mom more. When she did see me she complained about me being a recluse & blamed my routine sleep & wake schedule for me not having a job which had nothing to do with the reasons I was not working. Yes the job I had the longest involved me working overnight but working overnight was NOT the reason why I took that job. The other two jobs I had involved me working in the day time & that was fine too. Anyways it was better for both me & mom when I avoided her more. I also really liked having time to myself knowing I would not be interrupted by my parents for anything.

Part of why I have this schedule nowadays is cuz I'm living with my girlfriend & she has weird fluctuating sleep & wake schedules. She generally likes having time to herself for a couple hours when she 1st wakes up. She likes spending time with me before she goes to bed in the early morning. She also tends to take a nap after being up a couple hours & that can make things more complicated. It works better if I go to bed a couple hours after she goes to bed in the early morning & when I wake up I just stay up till a couple hours after she goes to bed in the early morning.

I don't have much problems falling asleep & staying asleep nowadays but there were various times in my life when I did. The main cause was emotional stuff like my depression, OCD, & anxiety that were very bad. I was also very lonely & hated being single & sleeping alone. & when I wasn't single, being in a long distance relationship was very difficult as well & i hated being away from them & sleeping alone. I had some sleep disorders that were acting up including Sleep Paralysis & Night Terrors. I'm much better off in a serious romantic relationship that is not long distance. Being on the psych meds I'm on helps my OCD & anxiety a lot & probably my depression as well. Tiredness/drowsiness is also a potential side-effect of my meds.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ellielo
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2021, 4:06 pm

My job

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2021, 5:21 pm

Trying to figure out what the difference is between jelly and jam.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jun 2021, 9:52 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Trying to figure out what the difference is between jelly and jam.
Jam is a kewl song on the radio & Jelly is the way you feel when you are nervous :wink: :lol:
Seriously though, I don't really like either & I try to avoid what I dislike so I cant help you

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition