Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 2:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I saw a weird UFO thing, I mean it was lights that looked like fireworkd falling, and I do have two other people that could confirm the experience. I know I saw them falling like fire-works and then they started floating around in the sky and doing weird patterns. But it was so cool to look at I didn't even think of trying to snap any pictures on my phone, but either way they were werid little orbs dancing around that were certainly not fireworks, so yeah to this day I don't know what those were.

Yep I've seen one of those, it brightened up stayed stationary for a few minutes then fell like a paint streak

It looked weird but I'm sure an astronomer would just call it a falling star or meteor

Well that is what I thought, but no way it was a falling star or meteor, because the way it stayed in the spot it was in deliberately was very much non meteor or drone like. Do you recall when those bright spots moved around did they have commet tails that seemed to kind of dissapear back into them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 3:48 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I saw a weird UFO thing, I mean it was lights that looked like fireworkd falling, and I do have two other people that could confirm the experience. I know I saw them falling like fire-works and then they started floating around in the sky and doing weird patterns. But it was so cool to look at I didn't even think of trying to snap any pictures on my phone, but either way they were werid little orbs dancing around that were certainly not fireworks, so yeah to this day I don't know what those were.

Yep I've seen one of those, it brightened up stayed stationary for a few minutes then fell like a paint streak

It looked weird but I'm sure an astronomer would just call it a falling star or meteor

Well that is what I thought, but no way it was a falling star or meteor, because the way it stayed in the spot it was in deliberately was very much non meteor or drone like. Do you recall when those bright spots moved around did they have commet tails that seemed to kind of dissapear back into them?

No the ones I experienced as a child were orbs, Literally round balls of light.

The one I saw more recently was like Christ's star of bethlehem. It went really bright then fell like a falling fire cracker leaving a temporary streak of light,

Another one I remember looked literally like Haleys comet. It was huge. I called the observatory here in Melbourne and they said there were no comets and didn't have an explanation for what I saw. Came up with meteor :lol:

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:06 am

TenMinutes wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Was it a globe like ball? What colour was it?

If you're talking to me, no it wasn't a ball. It was a streak, brighter to the outside than in the center. It was white.

Sounds like a shooting star.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 7:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
Do you carry a phone/camera with you?

What angle is the object in the sky?

Was it a clear sky - day/evening

It should be possible to remove some explanations

I have my phone with me but the thing was visible too briefly to photograph. First one lasted about three seconds, second one about half that.

Last night was cloudy. Don't remember the first one. First one was late at night, well after midnight. Second one was late evening, almost midnight.

First one appeared to be just above the row of houses to my right on the residential street I was walking. Maybe hundreds of feet up, and because of perspective, probably farther from me than the houses. What makes me think it passed close to me is it appeared to gather speed in the distance, zoom past me, then decrease in apparent speed as it went south. It was probably a constant speed, but appeared to be moving the fastest when it passed close. Like a passing vehicle as you watch it on the street.

Second one was perhaps thousands of feet away, higher up, but still low in my straight-ahead field of view. It was farther away and passed nearly perpendicular to my field of view, and therefore appeared to have a constant speed through it's entire track.

Last edited by TenMinutes on 03 Aug 2021, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 7:30 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Was it a globe like ball? What colour was it?

If you're talking to me, no it wasn't a ball. It was a streak, brighter to the outside than in the center. It was white.

Sounds like a shooting star.

The first one had dimension to it. It looked like a ribbon. Given the apparent speed variation that I just described in my previous post, and that it had dimension to it, it was hundreds of feet from me, thousands at most, and apparently silent. It covered a large portion of my field of view, more than that, actually, since I turned to watch it pass, in about three seconds. From about straight ahead or slightly to my right, to over my right shoulder.

The second one I can more easily believe was a shooting star, but it, too, covered a large portion of my field of view, and did so in about a second and a half. From, say, slightly right of center of view to nearly out of view to the left. It was a cloudy day, which sets a maximum altitude that is a few miles at most. It, too, was silent.

To give you an idea of how far I can see, I was walking a residential neighborhood that is under construction. The lots are small-ish, but some of the lots are vacant. There are trees lining SOME of the street, but they are very small, just planted. If it was a mature neighborhood my field of view would be much more limited, but even this one, my field of view was limited enough that to cover a large portion of my field of view, an object would have to pass fairly close to me. We're talking hundreds or thousands of feet. Not miles.

For size, if the first one passed within hundreds of feet from me, it was too small to be a vehicle. If it was thousands of feet, it was large enough to be a large vehicle. The second one did not have dimension (by that I mean thickness, it did have length, it was a streak). It was far brighter than a star.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:32 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
What makes me think it passed close to me is it appeared to gather speed in the distance, zoom past me, then decrease in apparent speed as it went south. It was probably a constant speed, but appeared to be moving the fastest when it passed close. Like a passing vehicle as you watch it on the street..

Have you discounted aeroplane or satellite?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:33 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
For size, if the first one passed within hundreds of feet from me, it was too small to be a vehicle. If it was thousands of feet, it was large enough to be a large vehicle. The second one did not have dimension (by that I mean thickness, it did have length, it was a streak). It was far brighter than a star.

Shape?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 6:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
What makes me think it passed close to me is it appeared to gather speed in the distance, zoom past me, then decrease in apparent speed as it went south. It was probably a constant speed, but appeared to be moving the fastest when it passed close. Like a passing vehicle as you watch it on the street..

Have you discounted aeroplane or satellite?

Yes. The latter would be above the clouds and therefore not visible to me. I've said I don't remember the sky conditions on the first one, but the second one was cloudy. And the quote you've included is my observation on why it must have been close to me.

The former is not feasible because of either speed (if it was thousands of feet from me then it was going much too fast) or noise (if it was close to me I would have heard it). It was silent.

cyberdad wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:

Shape?

I've described both as a streak of light. The first like a ribbon, because it was large enough that I could see a light gradient in its thickness. The second I said did not have thickness, and it appeared to be farther from me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 6:37 pm

Interesting, just one more question, were the objects moving in a straight trajectory or did they show intelligent control (e.g. move at random)?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Interesting, just one more question, were the objects moving in a straight trajectory or did they show intelligent control (e.g. move at random)?

Straight line as far as I can tell

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:40 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
But for sure looked like those streamer fireworks being shot down, but then the firey orbs did not behave like fireworks. The dropped down like potential fireworkd but just started floating around in the sky.

Did it look like a signal flare, maybe? Flares kind of float in the air for a while, they're usually a bright pink/magenta color.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 4:24 am

TenMinutes wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Straight line as far as I can tell

If it moved straight it could be a celestial body of some type or drone? but of course it made no noise

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 3:31 am

I just caught forty minutes or so of the perseid meteor shower. I saw perhaps 30, some right after another, some separated by minutes. I made a wish, because I'm a dork :) The sky was not particularly dark, but it was clear. After I caught the first one, unexpectedly, and then the second, unexpectedly, I used my hand to shield my eyes from nearby street lights and strained my neck. I eventually sat down on a concrete wall to watch.

https://www.space.com/perseid-meteor-shower-2021-peak

The previously described second UFO looked kinda like this, but was brighter, tracked farther, and stayed visible longer. But traveled about as fast. But the sky was cloudy, so it wasn't a meteor. The first one I described was much larger and brighter and traveled much farther, and seemed to be closer to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 3:48 am

TenMinutes wrote:
The previously described second UFO looked kinda like this, but was brighter, tracked farther, and stayed visible longer. But traveled about as fast. But the sky was cloudy, so it wasn't a meteor. The first one I described was much larger and brighter and traveled much farther, and seemed to be closer to me.

Have a read of Avi Loeb's new book "extraterrestrial" which is about the first object observed to have entered the earth's gravity tracked from outside the solar system.

Loeb is the head of Astronomy at Harvard and one of best authorities on topic of comets and meteors in the world. He received incredible ridicule for his book when he plausibly eliminated every possible known candidate (space rock, debri, meteor, asteroid and comet) and came to the conclusion the object appeared to have some type of intelligent control.

The reason I mention this is that when you have a world authority on the topic being told he is wrong by his peers (who are nowhere near as qualified as he is) then it should not surprise people when they take their observations (like yours) to a astronomer or scientist and get told it's a meteor or a satellite (even if you know it can't be).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 2:41 pm

It was probably just someone's conscience astral travelling through the fabric of space and time after a few solid hits of vaporized DMT. 8)

Or it was The Greys - who, btw, don't give a F whether you believe they exist or not. :P

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 3:05 pm

I saw my first UFO after finishing off a pint of gin. I saw my second one after draining a quart of Kentucky bourbon.

I think there's a pattern here. Aliens seem to visit folks who are heavily intoxicated. Why? I don't know.

Oscar Meyer Lansky