Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:00 pm

Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
What the HELL are you babbling about????
You indicated you want to use the robots for blood sport. But apparently you only want it to be robots getting damaged. Sounds to me like the robots will have to bleed the blood that qualifies it as a blood sport.

(Oh. And I think the robots have been put on Earth to make my life better.)

I assumed that you were more than 8 years old. Son...we grown ups dont always speak literally.

A "blood sport" is one in which you can die. Mortal combat. Spurting blood is incidental.

But I suppose one COULD dye hydraulic fluid red for theatrical effect. But I am more into...nuts and bolts flying, mechanical appendages being dismembered, and sparks, and flames.

My point was that if you MUST put robots into sports then the only place for them is in sports that are too violent for real humans to participate in. Not in human friendly sports like basketball.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:58 pm

I am young...at heart...despite the doctors' perceived need to make repairs.

But after 50 years of computers and, it turns out, being an Aspie...if you promise me a blood sport, I expect blood--not a bait and switch. I thought it was politicians, salesmen, and Allistics whose word could not be taken literally.

That I know of, the Public Broadcasting Service stations in our area only televised a limited number of episodes of Robot Wars. I don't recall blood...actually, I don't know that I remember much hydraulic fluid, either. The flying mechanical bits were kind of fun, though. Other than that, to watch robots fighting each other I'd have to switch to movies.

But I'm actually hopeful that robots will be increasingly functional, useful, and take care of the much older me that I expect to show-up someday. (I for one welcome our new computer overlords)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 5:00 am

Below the homo sapien after 29 years. Fantasy or reality :?:
For many (older) people its now already reality.

Two dogs, a dog from flesh and blood, and a electronic dog.
It seems that the barking dog dont realise that the electronic dog is a robot.
Actualy, in my view the dog from flesh and blood is also a robot, the organic-software in the barking dog makes also a robot. In my view the same like the organic-software from humans from flesh and blood.
The awareness from humans dont realise that mechanism that the same awareness is a product from that organic-robot.