Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:36 pm

With the tenant finally gone I can upload pics I took of the mountains of trash he's left behind.

Just for an update he :-
Knocked on neighbours doors asking them to pimp out their friends.

Pissed in a bucket in the living room when the builder walked past him to get his ladder.

Kept hanging up bird food balls on next doors house.

Kept feeding rats in the kitchen. (Thank god I didn't change the kitchen before he moved in like I planned)

Had a strange collection of women's shoes which the letting agent commented on.

And racked up loads of debt and didn't pay his property taxes.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 1:21 pm

It hurts to look at.

I don't understand how anyone can live like that, looks like they never even bothered to vacuum, sweep or wipe off a counter ever.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 1:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
It hurts to look at.

I don't understand how anyone can live like that, looks like they never even bothered to vacuum, sweep or wipe off a counter ever.

The entire floor is sticky with a brown substance that I assume is faecal matter. He never once cleaned up the house and just abandon all that junk in it knowing full well I had to remove it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 2:31 pm

One of our ex-tenants climbed on the roof and unscrewed a whole row of the metal roofing.We just discovered that while we were working on the wood stove pipe.
Were they trying to steal the roof or just cause it to leak?
Luckily it didn’t.But every screw had to be checked after that.
Our place looked about the same on the inside except add crayon scribbles all over the walls.
There had even been a raccoon in the house.I found it’s greasy little footprints.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:09 pm

Would trade you tenant issues.

Our nightmare commercial tenant has filed a few lawsuits against us, fabricating all kinds of nonsense, gotten bs court orders allowing him to overhold his lease until he moves to a new shop November 1st, still is refusing to pay his September rent in full, is claiming that a fixture of the building belongs to him etc etc.

In part he's doing all of this going down kicking and screaming intending to waste as much time and money on lawyers as he can make us pay. But in part, I believe he's actually delusional and believes his own BS - otherwise he wouldn't do all of this Knowing that once it's proven to be lies that he will have to pay our legal fees. Definitely some kind of mental illness at play.

Annnnd since he won't do as agreed and has cost an enormous sum of money, we have to file counter claims and separate lawsuits to sue him for repairs to the building and lost rent etc.

Way rather just kick some nutter out and do a deep cleaning! dirty work, sure, but at least then it's all over within a day w/o lawyers getting rich in the process.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:27 am

/\Sorry about all that.What a hot mess.
Now he’s just trying to torment you all.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 1:32 pm

Double /\

Damn. Some people are so desperate for every last penny they would literally sell their own roof. The streets are where they belong. There is no hope for people like that.

I always wanted to dabble in commercial property too. I'm still interested in doing so as I think the possibility for making half decent money is more so with commercial than residential but some of the dodgy businessmen I'll end up coming across will be hard to suss out. Your commercial tenant just seems like an utter moron. It always perplexes me how some people think they're in the right to the point of using the courts when to anyone else it's clear they'll only get themselves into an even bigger hole in a vain attempt to safe face.

I had some good news I guess with the house. Looking through the tenants letters (might as well have a laugh) I noticed a magistrates court judgment was made against him for unpaid council tax. I knew he owed it as the council sent him a letter which I also nosed at but for an incredibly rare one for the books, the judge ruled he owes council tax for many more months into the future from now on leaving me with nothing to pay until early next year. What can I say. He had his chance, he knew he hadn't paid and I even sent a copy of the court summons to his trustee to pay but still they didn't listen........what a terrible shame *sarcasm*

He also appears to have paid absolutely nothing to anyone else too. Utilities want money for gas and electric, the water company is owed money, an internet company is owed money... he even owes a major bank money. I'm clocking up about £4000+ worth of debt that he owes.

Why oh why.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 3:29 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\Sorry about all that.What a hot mess.
Now he’s just trying to torment you all.

Indeed. He's lied to the courts multiple times. He's literally like a mini trump, I think he believes his own lies - as he gets upset when called out on the simplest provably false statements. Simple stuff like "No, there isn't a 2 hour fire rating on this wall. It's not on the drawings and I've patched holes in both sides of the wall and can count to One single layer of 5/8" drywall. There aren't two on each side. Stop lying."

But yeah, now he's just trying to make us stressed out and waste money on lawyers with his frivolous BS. Of course his lawyer is kinda shady and likely telling him he has a chance so should pay him to pursue each of his claims. In the end I hope he loses every single case and has to pay our legal fees as well.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 3:37 pm

Nades wrote:
Double /\

Damn. Some people are so desperate for every last penny they would literally sell their own roof. The streets are where they belong. There is no hope for people like that.

I always wanted to dabble in commercial property too. I'm still interested in doing so as I think the possibility for making half decent money is more so with commercial than residential but some of the dodgy businessmen I'll end up coming across will be hard to suss out. Your commercial tenant just seems like an utter moron. It always perplexes me how some people think they're in the right to the point of using the courts when to anyone else it's clear they'll only get themselves into an even bigger hole in a vain attempt to safe face.

I had some good news I guess with the house. Looking through the tenants letters (might as well have a laugh) I noticed a magistrates court judgment was made against him for unpaid council tax. I knew he owed it as the council sent him a letter which I also nosed at but for an incredibly rare one for the books, the judge ruled he owes council tax for many more months into the future from now on leaving me with nothing to pay until early next year. What can I say. He had his chance, he knew he hadn't paid and I even sent a copy of the court summons to his trustee to pay but still they didn't listen........what a terrible shame *sarcasm*

He also appears to have paid absolutely nothing to anyone else too. Utilities want money for gas and electric, the water company is owed money, an internet company is owed money... he even owes a major bank money. I'm clocking up about £4000+ worth of debt that he owes.

Why oh why.

This guy shouldn't be desperate for money. He was the old building owner and my friend paid him ~$6.1 Million dollars or so for the building about 2 years ago, then the guy sold his house for another couple Mill. Even after splitting with his wife he should have at least a couple Millski in liquid cash. He's just cheap and ruthless/litigious for no good reason except trying to scam people because he's a bullshitter to the core.

Total nightmare pos of a human being who's going down kicking and screaming now that his actions have consequences. Good. F him and the horse he rode in on.

You're not on the hook for your tenants debts though, are you?

Oh yeah, reminds me, this guy didn't pay the property taxes on the building for 3 years before the sale and ~$163,000.00 was owing and my friend's lawyer caught it before the sale went through and made him pay it - otherwise he was attempting to stick my friend with that bill, too. Just a total garbage human being and I'm glad that his business is splitting up and he has to move and pay full market rate rent for all the space he uses wherever he goes to - no more taking advantage of my friend.

It should have just been GTFO and don't let the door hit you on the way out, but this guy is lying to lawyers and judges 8 ways from Sunday. Fortunately for us, we have written documented evidence that proves our version of events as being factual and all he has is nonsense allegations and lies. Shouldn't be exceptionally difficult for a judge to see the truth of the matter(s).

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:43 pm

This is pretty much the only stuff of value he's left in the house. Literal junk and six routers for some reason.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Double /\

Why oh why.

This guy shouldn't be desperate for money. He was the old building owner and my friend paid him ~$6.1 Million dollars or so for the building about 2 years ago, then the guy sold his house for another couple Mill. Even after splitting with his wife he should have at least a couple Millski in liquid cash. He's just cheap and ruthless/litigious for no good reason except trying to scam people because he's a bullshitter to the core.

Total nightmare pos of a human being who's going down kicking and screaming now that his actions have consequences. Good. F him and the horse he rode in on.

You're not on the hook for your tenants debts though, are you?

Oh yeah, reminds me, this guy didn't pay the property taxes on the building for 3 years before the sale and ~$163,000.00 was owing and my friend's lawyer caught it before the sale went through and made him pay it - otherwise he was attempting to stick my friend with that bill, too. Just a total garbage human being and I'm glad that his business is splitting up and he has to move and pay full market rate rent for all the space he uses wherever he goes to - no more taking advantage of my friend.

It should have just been GTFO and don't let the door hit you on the way out, but this guy is lying to lawyers and judges 8 ways from Sunday. Fortunately for us, we have written documented evidence that proves our version of events as being factual and all he has is nonsense allegations and lies. Shouldn't be exceptionally difficult for a judge to see the truth of the matter(s).

Property taxes are weird in the UK. There are property taxes when selling a house and another type of tax called council tax which is done annually on the house and goes to the local authority to look after the area and crap. He's failed to pay the latter and a judgment was made against him for it up until April next year which is great. His fault, it's not like I didn't warn him and not like he wouldn't expect it. I'm not liable for it luckily but he's in for a shock now as his credit rating is trashed. I'm still going to message the council about it as technically I'm back in possession of the house but a judge has made a ruling that he pays until April. I'm sure knowing the council they will want two bits of the cherry though which they won't have.

Clearing out the house today got people in the street curious too. One of them provided an explanation of the huge numbers of women's shoes being being from prostitutes as apparently he used to bring them into the house all the time. Other than that he just filled up plastic bags with rubbing and left them in the house. He was also a bit of an alcoholic apparently too.

I love it when the guy you mentioned get their comeuppance too. Some people just have to have the last say regardless of how unwarranted or in the wrong they are. He seems like a moron.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 9:24 pm

Nades wrote:
I love it when the guy you mentioned get their comeuppance too. Some people just have to have the last say regardless of how unwarranted or in the wrong they are. He seems like a moron.

He is.

He was instructed to contact the bailiffs that evicted him for keys to access the property via his court order obtained by lies. He never contacted them and spent $1500 on bailiffs of his own to cut the locks as well as invited the local police to cause as big of scene as possible in retaliation for being evicted. Then he complained he had to spend $1500. Umm, get F’d. We told you to contact our bailiffs as they controlled the locks and you didn’t do that. Also, his bailiff damaged the gate and so now we’ll have a mobile welder repair it in the next couple days and have our lawyers forward the invoice to him via his lawyers and then likely seek judgement about payment in a court room along. With every other issue.

He still hasn’t paid his September rent on full and we expect he won’t pay October’s at all. Paperwork is being prepared to seek a court hearing on that and other issues and if he refuses to pay as he’s supposed to then we’ll seek a judgement to evict him again, this time for non payment of rent, with no wait period hopefully - an immediate gtfo and take your s**t to storage Or Kay our bailiffs to recover it from their storage Or abandon what’s left to be sold at auction to pay the rent then be sued for the outstanding balance along with for everything else you’ve cost - which is extensive. A LOT more money.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:33 am

Ouch! Bad tenants are the biggest risk in investing in houses and apartments, I suppose.

Do you think you'll be able to get all your money back eventually (rent, repair etc.), or are the rights of land lords very unprotected there?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:56 am

Nades wrote:

This is pretty much the only stuff of value he's left in the house. Literal junk and six routers for some reason.

And now you can have a rummage sale . :D
Ours left nothing of value.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:26 am

It's finally taking shape now. I told the council where to get his new address so they're hunting him down for his tax now haha.

Image Image Image Image Image Image[/img]

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:28 am

Misslizard wrote:
Nades wrote:

And now you can have a rummage sale . :D
Ours left nothing of value.

I checked all his phones and his tablet. Most of his electrical stuff is broken but of the phones that did work there was nothing of interest. Not even pictures of titties or anything.