Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 8:00 pm

I feel like a giant baby because I cry easily.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 8:13 pm

stendhal's syndrome boohooer here also. :oops:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

Flown wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
To each their own. As long as it isn't harmful to other people I don't see the problem.

^This is how I feel. It's not my life and not my business.

Yeah well that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on anything. I personally find those adult baby people creepy, like an uncanny valley type of thing.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
Yeah well that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on anything. I personally find those adult baby people creepy, like an uncanny valley type of thing.

Good for you. You've officially made the world a better place by gracing us with your "opinion". /end sarcasm

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:36 am

Flown wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Good for you. You've officially made the world a better place by gracing us with your "opinion". /end sarcasm

Why do you need to be snarky?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:08 am

Two interpretations of the topic --

One is to do with actual developmental issues, usually to do with executive dysfunctions and struggles of daily living.

The other is to do with weird roleplay or strange lifestyle fetish that had nothing to do with living with any form of disability and it's daily living struggles.

The former is the main complaint of those who actually struggles with independence, issues with social and emotional dynamics due to one's lack of ability to socialize like their 'own age'.

The latter is a bizzare fest that just got enough spotlight in this very thread.
Only that the whole schtick of the similar social and emotional dynamics are deliberate, nothing to do with developmental delays.

My option/s?.. Hm.
The former? I'm not sure. Depends where each a person would rather go from there.

But sure, I felt like it to some extent.
Not because of lack of independence, but rather my family is playing it too safe around me. Partially why I exclude them from 'trying' to 'help' me unless I ask.
And, I'm supposed to be the elder child -- I should've been doing the grind and all those life altering responsibilities, not my younger sister.
But I have a damn limit and a more damnable issues around performance inconsistency.

The latter? I don't care. Keep the whole thing in the adult issues thread.

Either/both? They're not the same. Period.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:58 am

Joe90 wrote:
Flown wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I think being snarky with Joe violates a forum rule.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
Flown wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I got frustrated because these particular opinions could potentially perpetuate hate and harm the group you are speaking of. You could also hurt someone here that has that lifestyle (or make them even more afraid to share that side of themself). Yes, I've known people within autism communities who have this lifestyle. We all have our opinions, but I think we should think of those who could be harmed before we blurt them out on the internet.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:22 am

MaxE wrote:
I think being snarky with Joe violates a forum rule.

Then I will take responsibility for that if necessary.

I'm am sorry for being harsh in my wording (I'm struggling with outbursts due to PMDD), but I do have a tendency to get overly protective of marginalized and overly ridiculed groups.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:28 am

I once had to spend my last $10 on diapers because my fiancee wanted to be a baby.

I was a fool in not realizing that a small woman like her is way too big for toddler diapers.

We had to eat rice and paprika only for all meals for a week because she wanted to be a baby.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:02 am

I wasn't making fun or using bias against those people. It's just I do find the idea of adults choosing to act like big babies creepy, that's all. Not creepy in a bad way, just in a "it doesn't look right" way. I'm sure they're nice people and all, it's nothing personal, but if people choose to live like that then they will have to inevitably accept that some people will be weirded out by it.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:11 am

Joe90 wrote:
I wasn't making fun or using bias against those people. It's just I do find the idea of adults choosing to act like big babies creepy, that's all. Not creepy in a bad way, just in a "it doesn't look right" way. I'm sure they're nice people and all, it's nothing personal, but if people choose to live like that then they will have to inevitably accept that some people will be weirded out by it.

I misunderstood your intent then. My apologies for my knee jerk reaction, Joe. Hormones are kicking my butt today. :heart:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I once had to spend my last $10 on diapers because my fiancee wanted to be a baby.

I was a fool in not realizing that a small woman like her is way too big for toddler diapers.

We had to eat rice and paprika only for all meals for a week because she wanted to be a baby.

:lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Sep 2021, 12:26 pm

I would need to know the context because the term Baby can mean different things. Lots of American politicians act like giant babies throwing a mega huge tantrum to get their way which of corse is very bad. However Baby can also be a term of endearment like calling my girlfriend Sweetie is. I called my 1st girlfriend Baby & she liked it & I never meant it in an insulting way. Also I saw a movie when I was a kid where a real actual human baby got enlarged to the height of like King Kong. I think that movie was the squeal to the Honey I Shrunk The Kids called Honey I Blew Up the Kid & the term Giant Baby would fit perfectly for it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition