Page 3 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

Still atheist. 8)

Interesting. And you've broken through on DMT?

How do you explain gods/entities/machine elves etc if not a higher power or life form involved in our/worldly creation?

(I've yet to take the ride.)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

Still atheist. 8)

How do you explain gods/entities/machine elves etc if not a higher power or life form involved in our/worldly creation?

The same way I explain other delusions.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 3:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Hmm, so you're saying your frame of reference may be tainted by actually experiencing delusions of some sort, and thus you may perceive things that many others state are very real as being delusions. Hmmmmm..

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 3:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Hmm, so you're saying your frame of reference may be tainted by actually experiencing delusions of some sort, and thus you may perceive things that many others state are very real as being delusions. Hmmmmm..

Most people experiencing delusions will typically report them as being very real. That doesn't mean they're real in any objective sense. Supernatural experiences almost certainly have natural explanations even if I can't provide one for every single experience one might insist was supernatural.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 4:34 pm

If you sit in a closed garage sniffing scotch guard and suddenly you see the walls melt it doesn't mean elves and demons are real.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 5:12 pm

Ewwww huffing.That’s nasty.I don’t know how people can even do that.Just thinking about it makes me queasy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 7:55 pm

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:14 am

goldfish21 wrote:

To each his own.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:08 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

To each his own.

Indeed. And perhaps what was to one is now to many thousands of years later:

Facebook post in a DMT group wrote:
The Ancient Egyptian Goddess Iusaaset, meaning 'The Great One Who Comes Forth,' was considered the GrandMother of all the Egyptian God's, except for Her Husband the Sun God Amen-Ra.
Iusaaset was associated with the Acacia Tree known as the 'Tree of Life' to Ancient Egyptians. More specifically, she was associated with the Oldest Known Acacia Tree at the time, which was situated just North of Heliopolis, Egypt, in the famous 'Garden of Heliopolis'.
All species of Acacia are known to be Hallucinogenic, either in their Bark, Roots, Leaves or Fruit, due to the natural production of DiMethylTryptamine (DMT). In particular, Acacia Trees were used by the Ancient Egyptians to make a Hallucinogenic Wine. The Egyptians called this Wine 'Yrp', which when consumed during Sacred Ceremonies, caused the appearance of Iusaaset, 'The Great One Who Comes Forth.'
The Acacia 'Tree of Life' bridges the Earth & Sky at the center of the Garden. In this way, the Hallucinogenic experience of drinking 'Yrp' was a way to Ascend the Sacred Tree of Life & be reborn as Spirit into the Heavens.
These Egyptian beliefs & Symbolisms are repeated in Christianity. The name 'Iusas' is a variation of Iusaaset, with 'Jusas' still the preferred spelling for Jesus in some cultures. Furthermore, Jesus may have represented the Alchemical Union of the Sun & Venus to the Hebrews, a kind of incarnation of the 'All~Seeing Eye of Ra' (Eye of Horus). But the similarities do not stop there.
The Tree of Life in the Garden of Heliopolis may be the same Tree of Life described in the Biblical Garden of Eden. Its Hallucinogenic Fruit would have been the 'Forbidden Fruit of Knowledge'. From this we might conclude the Wine drank by Jesus & His Apostles could have been the 'Yrp Wine' from the Sacred Acacia Fruit, used to induce a Spiritual Rebirth in the fashion of Venus.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

To each his own.

Indeed. And perhaps what was to one is now to many thousands of years later:

Facebook post in a DMT group wrote:
The Ancient Egyptian Goddess Iusaaset, meaning 'The Great One Who Comes Forth,' was considered the GrandMother of all the Egyptian God's, except for Her Husband the Sun God Amen-Ra.
Iusaaset was associated with the Acacia Tree known as the 'Tree of Life' to Ancient Egyptians. More specifically, she was associated with the Oldest Known Acacia Tree at the time, which was situated just North of Heliopolis, Egypt, in the famous 'Garden of Heliopolis'.
All species of Acacia are known to be Hallucinogenic, either in their Bark, Roots, Leaves or Fruit, due to the natural production of DiMethylTryptamine (DMT). In particular, Acacia Trees were used by the Ancient Egyptians to make a Hallucinogenic Wine. The Egyptians called this Wine 'Yrp', which when consumed during Sacred Ceremonies, caused the appearance of Iusaaset, 'The Great One Who Comes Forth.'
The Acacia 'Tree of Life' bridges the Earth & Sky at the center of the Garden. In this way, the Hallucinogenic experience of drinking 'Yrp' was a way to Ascend the Sacred Tree of Life & be reborn as Spirit into the Heavens.
These Egyptian beliefs & Symbolisms are repeated in Christianity. The name 'Iusas' is a variation of Iusaaset, with 'Jusas' still the preferred spelling for Jesus in some cultures. Furthermore, Jesus may have represented the Alchemical Union of the Sun & Venus to the Hebrews, a kind of incarnation of the 'All~Seeing Eye of Ra' (Eye of Horus). But the similarities do not stop there.
The Tree of Life in the Garden of Heliopolis may be the same Tree of Life described in the Biblical Garden of Eden. Its Hallucinogenic Fruit would have been the 'Forbidden Fruit of Knowledge'. From this we might conclude the Wine drank by Jesus & His Apostles could have been the 'Yrp Wine' from the Sacred Acacia Fruit, used to induce a Spiritual Rebirth in the fashion of Venus.

It's not surprising that pre scientific people would view a powerful hallucinogen as some kind of magic potion.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:57 pm

Sounds like a good offer.

Some other books that were fascinating for me in terms of B-side history:

Manly P Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages (antiquity mystery schools up through Renaissance alchemy and kabbalah, Rosicricians, Masons, etc., for similar reasons to Divine Comedy - a lot of the 'in plain sight' esoteric content in architecture and all kinds of other odd things like seven day weeks after the 'seven planets' tie in).

John Ralston Saul's Voltaire's Bastards - Almost 500 pages of modern political history, in-depth analysis of various countries from the Renaissance thru today, and his idea that the courtiers of the past became the bureaucrats and technocrats of today.

On goldfish's idea of 'Take some ayahuasca and go see it for yourself' - I think all psychedelics / hallucinogens get you in touch with that same place to different degrees and in slightly different ways. I also like what Andres Gomez Emilsson has said about psychedelics 'annealing' neural pathways in terms of healing trauma patterns - I think that analogy's a good match (another way to put it - it's like giving your brain an enema or a colon-cleanse). Having a lot of experience in that area what I'd say - it's mostly your own subconscious mind, however you do run into a lot of geometries, what one might call 'daemons' within yourself (ie. 'others'), sometimes far more complex things (like two or three people seeing the same thing), and you're also likely to have quite a few experiences that do challenge your grasp of physicalism - like dropping doses and then giving a police report because some people (actual rather than hallucinated) tried to break into your house, or a truck spinning its tires in the backyard next door because the neighbor girl is moving out on bad terms with her parents (the boyfriend is picking her up), even a bunch of flashlights coming through the woods and then finding out it's your neighbor's house - it got toilet papered, and obviously far more personal and strange things can happen as well. The most important thing about psychedelics though, and talking about geometries, you'll notice rather quickly that the fractal patterns in great cathedrals come from somewhere as what kinds of things tend to trigger the kind of brain chemistry that's in line with mystical visions of the sort that ancient sacred texts were based on.

So all of these topics really have a lot in common really - ie. seeing where many ancient 'things around you', whether architecture or beliefs, come from.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 7:33 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

I don't care if you blow your brains out on this crap or not but be advised it's a schedule three illegal substance in Canada.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Exactly. Hallucinations are not reality.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:53 am

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

I don't care if you blow your brains out on this crap or not but be advised it's a schedule three illegal substance in Canada.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Never know, maybe I’ll take the ride via a high tech modified vape delivery method.. Or, maybe I’ll find religion and sip some entirely legal tea & trip for 6 hours. 100% legal for religious ceremonial use in Canada: https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ay9y9/ ... oss-canada

I haven’t “blown my brains out on this crap,” yet because that’s not what it’s for.
It’s not a party drug. It’s called “the spirit molecule,” for a reason as to be treated and used with the utmost respect. It’s a a medicine to be revered, not something to enhance a rave. It’s a spiritual ceremonial thing with the deepest of deep meaning.. visiting the domain of gods, the creator(s), and feeling the souls of humanity’s connection to the infinite consciousness of the universe isn’t exactly something to be taken lightly, IMO.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:56 am

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Exactly. Hallucinations are not reality.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 1:57 am

Axeman wrote:
I still remember my college days being considered odd and anti social because I wanted to read and study rather than smoke weed and get drunk all the time. I mean it's college isn't reading and studying what you should be doing?

Actually when I was in University I refrained from drinking and never smoked weed. So do a lot of NTs. I probably missed out on great times and p**** but I made a decision because I always do whatever I want and don't follow others like dumb sheep. When I earned enough money and had more time I partook in mind altering chemicals.