Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:04 pm

Rude Hope? ^

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:06 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Mine comes from two things. Flea is from a handle I used on a game I would play. I chose that there because I had the nasty habit of showing up out of nowhere at the last second and winning tournaments. I figured the other players regarded me as an annoying little pest, so I figured Flea would be a good name for myself there. 'Of the Chill' comes from a childhood friend. He took to calling me Chill at one point, saying something about how if I were any more mellow, I'd be dead. People called me Chill for years because of him. I don't know that I agreed with his assessment, but I found it funny.

People used to think that about me when I was young. They thought I was a pothead. Nope.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Rude Hope? ^

It's a partial anagram - there are quite a few more letters in my actual name.

I'm rather partial to an anagram.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2022, 5:10 pm

42110117 is autistic. I use a mix of the mnemonic major system and my own vowel correlations. 4 is a. 2 is u. 1 is t in the major system. 1 is i. 0 is s in the major system. 1 is t in the major system. 1 is i. 7 is c in the major system.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:10 pm

Reed......Reid? ..Reid Phou? I'm just gonna toss out 'Humphrey'......I'm stumped. I'll never figure this out. :duh: :doh: :wall:

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:12 pm

^ You're not supposed to.

:P

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Not autobiographical for you, I hope!

Unfortunately it's very similar to my story of CPTSD, especially on a surface level. Of course the details are a little different but overall she's the character I identify with most in English Literature, apart from Lucy Snowe (Villette), Hester Vernon (Hester), and Isabel Archer (Portrait of a Lady) - but they don't suffer from trauma as much as Isabella.

Lucy Snowe was already taken. I've used Hester elsewhere.

There's another random username I keep thinking would be cool, but I can never remember what it is when I need it.

Here's some other info on Isabella and the message I try to spread about DV / SA awareness and relationship abuse, even here on WP:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1525/ncl.2009.64.3.347

Emily S
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2022, 5:25 pm

I suck at coming up with usernames so I just used my first name and the first letter of my last name lol

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 5:27 pm

I like video games and I follow my autistic interests when playing them. I have my own little way of playing that not everyone agrees with like using cheat codes when I don't feel like practicing to get better because that seems impossible for me. I've found freedom of expression through these methods and it makes me happy.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:52 am

My mum called me a Cockney Rebel one time, because I'm too masculine for her liking. She wanted a clone.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 4:39 am

Mine comes from an obscure early Pink Floyd song written by the original leader of the group, Syd Barrett. It was never officially released because the group felt it was too disturbing, and chronicled the mental breakdown he was experiencing.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 1:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Mine comes from an obscure early Pink Floyd song written by the original leader of the group, Syd Barrett. It was never officially released because the group felt it was too disturbing, and chronicled the mental breakdown he was experiencing.

I always assumed it came from this.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 2:28 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Gosh. So...you dont raise homegrown veggies in your backyard like I imagined?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Well, yours is more creative than mine, at least. Mine’s just my two main interests at the time I joined.

For me, it was a description of how I often feel - wrong planet but at least the right galaxy.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm

This question has come up before. When I joined WP I was going to call myself "Magneto" but there was already a member with that name (in fact one that has been moderately active over the years although i can't tell how recently since they locked down the member search function). It turns out that one of Magneto's civilian names from the canon is Max Eisenhardt so it should be obvious how I chose it. Arguably, my username has other potential interpretations.

At the time I admired Magneto because I believed his claim to leadership of the Mutants to have more merit than Xavier's. He is also the coolest Mutant why wouldn't you accept him as your leader?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 3:27 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I have an aboriginal name
Which I hate.
Raleigh is how part of my name sounds.
And how people have referred to me for years.
If they don't want to be bashed over the head. :rambo:

What's your real name? Send a PM.