Page 2199 of 2523 [ 40362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2196, 2197, 2198, 2199, 2200, 2201, 2202 ... 2523  Next

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 2:07 pm

Didn't finish the next chapter of my novel today like was the intention, but at least I got the hard part over and done with... this difficult conversation scene. I'll probably have to edit it a lot, especially since I wrote it bit by bit, but at least it's not a blank page anymore.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 5:49 pm

Well. I just gave myself the worst electric shock of my life so far. It's been about 30mins since and I still feel kinda wierd, a little out of it, and I have a headache.

I was working on fencing and accidentally toched a live wire with my right temple while grounded through my hands to a t post. I felt a sharp pain in my temple and heard a crack. Everything went black and I came to on the ground moments later with my wife asking if I was ok. Aparently I also let out a wierd sound. I had to lie there for a while before I could even sit up let alone stand and walk.

I am now inside lying down

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 6:05 pm

The safety of a library patron.

I'm at a public library right now and a patron has been unconscious for about 15 minutes.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 6:30 pm

My cousin found a tiny frog. The tiny frog let me hold it and it kept looking at me. It was very cute.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 6:31 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The safety of a library patron.

I'm at a public library right now and a patron has been unconscious for about 15 minutes.

Holy s**t. Did anyone attend to them and call 911?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 6:36 pm

Worthless wrote:
Well. I just gave myself the worst electric shock of my life so far. It's been about 30mins since and I still feel kinda wierd, a little out of it, and I have a headache.

I was working on fencing and accidentally toched a live wire with my right temple while grounded through my hands to a t post. I felt a sharp pain in my temple and heard a crack. Everything went black and I came to on the ground moments later with my wife asking if I was ok. Aparently I also let out a wierd sound. I had to lie there for a while before I could even sit up let alone stand and walk.

Can your wife take you to an emergency room or urgent care? It's good that you're alive, but since it went through your head to your hand, made you go unconscious, and you still feel weird it would be good to make sure that it didn't mess anything up w/ your brain or heart. I hope you're okay.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 7:46 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Worthless wrote:

Can your wife take you to an emergency room or urgent care? It's good that you're alive, but since it went through your head to your hand, made you go unconscious, and you still feel weird it would be good to make sure that it didn't mess anything up w/ your brain or heart. I hope you're okay.

Thank you for asking. I am feeling a lot better now. My ballance had been off and my speech was slow and garbled. I was also having trouble thinking of the proper words to communicate what I was thinking. I do still have a headache and feel a little weird, but I don't feel out of it anymore.

My wife can't drive. She was about to call 911 apparently and had the phone in her hand as she was walking towards me asking if I was ok. I managed to answer her and say it "yeah" after she asked a few times, so then she put her phone away and went back to what she was doing. I didn't know at the time that she had been walking towards me.

I don't think there is much besides palutive care that can be done for an electric shock, unless there are burn injuries, which there are not. If I need to I can drive to a hospital as I am feeling a lot better now, but I certainly wouldn't have been able to drive earlier.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:36 am

I may need to prepare some mops and batteries.
Also I forgot to buy some boots. Oh well.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 6:11 am

My neighbours must really appreciate me listening to The Kinks at 4 in the morning. My laptop is at a quiet setting, but old walls are thin.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:05 am

I wonder if I have eosinophilic asthma. I have a related issue w/ eosinophils in my entire digestive tract, that makes it swollen and gives me sores. I also didn't know that normal asthma doesn't make your sinuses and other parts of your respiratory tract swell too, shortness of breath worsening but having wheezing not worsen or not even exist isn't normal, and that oral corticosteroids don't work for eosinophilic asthma. The last thing might be why I'm used to always being short of breath due to my asthma medication never working well. My asthma also severely worsens when my digestive issues do.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:18 pm

The Yodel delivery van should actually yodel when he's approaching

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 12:52 am

Here comes daylight savings again. :wall:

Six months of adjusting to more time zone differences when talking to people in other states and countries smh.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 3:52 am

There's no signal at the house.
I would have to do it travelling to the mall for it.

Also there's no electricity, save for a few with generators.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 7:50 am

All things inappropriate.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 9:02 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I wonder if I have eosinophilic asthma. I have a related issue w/ eosinophils in my entire digestive tract, that makes it swollen and gives me sores. I also didn't know that normal asthma doesn't make your sinuses and other parts of your respiratory tract swell too, shortness of breath worsening but having wheezing not worsen or not even exist isn't normal, and that oral corticosteroids don't work for eosinophilic asthma. The last thing might be why I'm used to always being short of breath due to my asthma medication never working well. My asthma also severely worsens when my digestive issues do.

Sweet Pea hugs

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 9:04 am

I've ordered a Germany T-shirt off of Amazon when I first woke up today.