Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 10:01 am

I met a woman about four years ago that a dated a couple of times. She's friendly enough but I have serious misgivings about her.

First one was when I initially met her. I met her online dating and she was very slow to meet up for a date. She did in the end and we met a couple of times (been friendly ever since but it just didn't progress from there) but before I met her the first time she said her friends committed suicide by crashing a car into a lamp post and she had to "adopt" their son as a result. Sceptical of this I checked the news and nothing which was weird of a crash of this nature. A few months later she wanted to add me on Facebook which showed it was clearly her own son, she posted pics of the pregnancy and the father was commenting on how good looking he was. Obviously a pile of bollocks.

A while later she was commenting on how her tenants were annoying her with constant complaint. A check of the landlord register revealed zero results under her name as to her being a landlord. She's also very young (22 at the time) which is suspicious enough.

I also don't know her surname. It ranges from Sage to Maddocks.

Supposedly she's had a big cervical cancer battle that was going on since before I first spoke to her. She's certainly in hospital a lot but for cancer? I dunno. She's had more close shaves than quality control at Gillette according to her and now she's in for a bone marrow transplant that has only a 30% chance of survival. She'll be in a "bubble" and won't be able to contact anyone for a few weeks.

I'm calling s**t on her whole cancer experience and even her identity. I'm about to toss her to the curb. Even if she's not lying about cancer I still don't know whether I care about her anymore.

She also has borderline personality disorder which makes things even worse.

Bin her?

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:07 am

She sounds either a persistent liar, seriously messed up or a scammer who will try to milk you of cash at some point. I'd run and never look back. Other people's mileage may vary.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:09 am

Stay away from her. She stinks of dishonesty. Listen to your instinct. People with lots of drama like that are often just troublesome liars. She's probably fooling multiple men at the same time. I'm actually worried about your safety. Please ditch her asap.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:12 am

You already know what to do.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:16 am

^ :lol:

You put it a tad more diplomatically than me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:28 am

I think that you should end the relationship.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:41 am

I think you already know you shouldn't tie your future to hers because your future would suffer.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm

Luckily I'm not involved with her in any romantic sense. It didn't really go very far from the first couple of dates and the odd kinky stuff from there on. We don't speak to each other often as a whole.

I won't ever intend to give her a penny or help her in any way, shape or form. She's already made it clear she's willing to fabricate elaborate lies that she knows she's unlikely to get away with from day one. She knows full well she can't get away with pretending her own son is somebody else's she adopted due to a high profile suicide that would have been in the news.....anyway, I digress. It's just disowning someone for supposed cancer and how savage it is if she's actually telling the truth (which I believe is complete lies)

Anyway. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Luckily I'm too lazy to show up to the hospital and ask where she is. I'm pretty sure the doctors will be baffled if I ask to see someone who will no doubt it be on the ward, yet alone ever set foot on the cancer ward.

It's got to the point of just screwing with her now or at least being blunt as hell.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:15 pm

She is very messed up. Don't waste your time and energy. Block, delete and run.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:17 pm

It sounds like classic manipulation from a toxic person. Google Borderline Personality Disorder and fake illness/cancer.

Do not screw with this woman unless you are prepared for a possible war.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:24 pm

Radish wrote:

You put it a tad more diplomatically than me.

:lol: I failed subtlety class .

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:49 pm

Yes, the woman sounds really toxic to be involved with in any way. Best to just disappear from her life and not look back. I'd avoid provoking her in any way, she might be potentially dangerous in other ways, e.g. she could slander or spread malicious rumour, sounds like the sort of person who might delight in hurting people who cross her. Best not to confront her... just cut her out of your life completely.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:52 pm

^

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 1:24 pm

If I were you I'd be curious to ask how much of what she told me is a lie before disappearing. Of course you'd tell her you know it's her kid.

The bubble just as well might be a drug rehab.

It sounds like you weren't having anything serious anyway so it shouldn't be that difficult to end it.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 30 Nov 2022, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 1:26 pm

Run run run as fast as you can.
The opposite direction.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 1:27 pm

Radish wrote:

Yes, the woman sounds really toxic to be involved with in any way. Best to just disappear from her life and not look back. I'd avoid provoking her in any way, she might be potentially dangerous in other ways, e.g. she could slander or spread malicious rumour, sounds like the sort of person who might delight in hurting people who cross her. Best not to confront her... just cut her out of your life completely.

She might start stalking.
Her real name is Creeping Jenny.