Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:52 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Fairfield wrote:
f**k. This made me lol. :lol:

I hope you had a f****d up mental image in your mind's eye and that is what made you lol :twisted: - dark humour rules.

Fairfield wrote:
If I can't handle sitting at all I just stand, because I have ADHD and can't always sit still. I try to not do that too often though because that and my swaying is a "distraction" and "inappropriate behaviour". I have no idea how it could be that. :roll: /j

I think it's my ADHD that make's me stand as well, but I don't get 'distraction' or 'inappropriate behaviour' I get 'Sit down, you are making me nervous' :roll: .

I imagined a Cotton Hill situation which made it even better. lol

I also get that all the time??? I don't understand why people get so freaked out when I stand. :scratch:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I do that too. I hadn't even noticed. When I first went for ADHD testing my kids were like "Um, yeah .... you can't even sit still for five minutes when we watch something. You're up and down like a jackhammer." I hover all the time. I even eat standing up most of the time if I'm alone - just stand at the kitchen counter and finish whatever I made.

One of the reasons I got assessed for autism and ADHD is because I couldn't just sit still, ever. That goes as far back as me being like 1-2, because I have memories of asking my parents to put me in the highchair and then a minute later getting antsy and wanting out, multiple times in a row. lmao

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 9:16 pm

I prefer the floor, or better yet, the ground outside.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 9:28 pm

Fairfield wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I do that too. I hadn't even noticed. When I first went for ADHD testing my kids were like "Um, yeah .... you can't even sit still for five minutes when we watch something. You're up and down like a jackhammer." I hover all the time. I even eat standing up most of the time if I'm alone - just stand at the kitchen counter and finish whatever I made.

One of the reasons I got assessed for autism and ADHD is because I couldn't just sit still, ever. That goes as far back as me being like 1-2, because I have memories of asking my parents to put me in the highchair and then a minute later getting antsy and wanting out, multiple times in a row. lmao

It's weird because I hadn't noticed.
I thought ADHD meant that you have to be zooming around in circles.
I'm up and down a lot, even though I move fairly slowly and kind of stay in one place.
I think I'm perceived as lazy more than hyper since I don't have tons of energy.

I wasn't even aware of the up / down thing until the kids pointed it out. ^
I also stim like a freight-train on crack, and my mind goes 1000 mph even when I'm asleep.
I didn't know stimming had a name or that it counted for ADHD.

I certainly didn't think thoughts counted.
I didn't even know other people's thoughts weren't so fast (How would I know?)

How are we supposed to know what's normal in other people's minds all our lives?

NullPointerException
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2023, 9:50 pm

Fairfield wrote:
If I can't handle sitting at all I just stand, because I have ADHD and can't always sit still. I try to not do that too often though because that and my swaying is a "distraction" and "inappropriate behaviour". I have no idea how it could be that. :roll: /j

Also, this reminds me, I need to order one of those "wiggle seats" I had to use in school to sit still. Those are fun AF.

Why do you care.. I sway both sitting anywhere or standing, moving my legs like a jackhammer lol and if sitting on those funny 'healthy' gym balls I'm jumping :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rarely got anyone complaining 8O

Only that if I was laying on the chair (melted into it) or swaying with chair back and forth cause 'you can fall down'

What is wiggle seat? :lol:

NullPointerException
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2023, 9:56 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Fairfield wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
^ I would love to take my knees out of the equation, how do I do this without a shotgun?

f**k. This made me lol. :lol:

I hope you had a f****d up mental image in your mind's eye and that is what made you lol :twisted: - dark humour rules.

Fairfield wrote:

I think it's my ADHD that make's me stand as well, but I don't get 'distraction' or 'inappropriate behaviour' I get 'Sit down, you are making me nervous' :roll: .

You should find couple of dark humour ripostes for them :lol: :lol: :lol: :skull:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:07 am

NullPointerException wrote:
Why do you care.. I sway both sitting anywhere or standing, moving my legs like a jackhammer lol and if sitting on those funny 'healthy' gym balls I'm jumping :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rarely got anyone complaining 8O

Only that if I was laying on the chair (melted into it) or swaying with chair back and forth cause 'you can fall down'

What is wiggle seat? :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:10 am

I turn in circles when I have to stand in place.
Sometimes I put my arms out like an airplane.
I also airplane when I walk on curbs.
That's when I'm not doing pirouettes or gymnastic poses.
I also sit on the floor when I'm tired, even in public places.

You can't take me anywhere.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 1:29 am

Recidivist wrote:
^ I would love to take my knees out of the equation, how do I do this without a shotgun?

Go to Vegas. Count cards at the blackjack table. And before long...the mob goons will take you to a backroom...and break your kneecaps for you! :lol:

jogashill
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:33 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Do you do it?

I often sit or lay on the floor even when there are seats available. I don’t know why.

yes, i also lay on the floor, i hate chairs and i've tried all kinds. i eat standing up. i have a stand up desk for work. if i have to sit my feet are up in it, tucked under me or all askew.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 9:06 am

I'm too "stiff" to feel comfortable sitting on the floor. I need a chair with a back, at least, to be comfortable.

Yep....I'm getting old! :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:37 pm

Nope. That's where germs live and breed and it's hard, cold, and uncomfortable. I only remember sitting or laying on the living room floor to watch TV, draw cartoons, or read when I was a little kid.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2023, 1:21 am

I always sat on the floor instead of kneeling. My knees have always hurt when I kneel but I don't have any other pain issues nor leg & knee iseues. My mom had both her knees replaced at different times during the last 10 years so it might be a genetic thing but mom didn't have knee issues till she was older as a result of working hard her whole life & having lots of various injuries.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Go to Vegas. Count cards at the blackjack table. And before long...the mob goons will take you to a backroom...and break your kneecaps for you! :lol:

Thanks for the tip NP :lol:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Feb 2023, 5:45 am

I get back aches if I sit on a chair for too long - but not from sitting and crouching on the floor.
I was born in a wrong civilization XD

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 8:10 am

I like the couch with a huge pile of pillows around me.
I need someone to fan me and feed me grapes at the same time.Maybe load the bong also.