What's your favourite thing about your favourite thing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Clararawr
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Feb 2023, 1:59 am

My favourite thing right now is Ciaphas Cain. I started listening to the books on audible a few months ago and I absolutely love how witty they are. Jurgen is my favourite character. The loyalty and friendship these men show to eachother makes my heart light and Cains frustration that history repeatedly leaves out Jurgens contributions is my favourite example of how Cain isn't the self-serving person he insists he is (even to himself)

If you want to just talk about something that makes you happy but no one wants to listen to then this thread is for you. I will read them all. (I may not reply to them all depending on if I have something to say/ask) but I am Listening!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:25 pm

Clararawr wrote:
My favourite thing right now is Ciaphas Cain. I started listening to the books on audible a few months ago and I absolutely love how witty they are. Jurgen is my favourite character. The loyalty and friendship these men show to eachother makes my heart light and Cains frustration that history repeatedly leaves out Jurgens contributions is my favourite example of how Cain isn't the self-serving person he insists he is (even to himself)

So...he is like Bogart's character in "Casablanca".

https://youtu.be/IBJGHvt7I3c

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:46 pm

my absolute favorite thing is the Touhou Project game series, and my favorite part is probably the world/worldbuilding of Gensokyo. If 'world' includes characters then yeah that's my favorite part.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 1:49 pm

The noise.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 10:25 am

My favorite thing is divination with cards

Why? Because I feel that whenever I'm coherent enough to actually read them properly, they're pretty useful tools for sharpening my intuition by focusing on archetypes that can apply to every aspect of human life . Plus there's a deep history with all cards from poker cards to tarot cards that makes them fascinating.

Last edited by DeathFlowerKing on 10 Feb 2023, 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 10:32 am

My other fav thing is The Golden Girls. I love it because those four women were like the grandmothers I wish I had and because they made being a senior citizen look cool. Also the show was very progressive for the 80's but never in a forceful way like shows are today. They mixed a perfect blend of humor and compassion with serious topics like Homosexuality, Women's Rights, Age Descrimination, Racism, Homelessness, AIDS, etc. I really can't think of many subjects they didn't cover.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 8:46 pm

my fav thing is weed...everything is more fun with weed...but ive been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and i can only smoke on the weekends...if i smoke everyday ill become psychotic within 6 weeks...thats no fun...so for two days i get to be high and the other days im forced to be sober which is a pain :skull:

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light