Page 2275 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2272, 2273, 2274, 2275, 2276, 2277, 2278 ... 2518  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 10:41 pm

Stark-raving insanity and my lack of giving two-f's about it or anyone anymore.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 8:51 am

I wish my ears weren't so sensitive to certain sounds. Today in the supermarket this toddler let out an ear-splitting scream and I had to shield my ear nearest to it because it hurt.
I hate when people give me pragmatic crap like "oh kids will always scream, there's nothing you can do about it, deal with it" because that is just unhelpful.
It's difficult to deal with something when it causes you physical pain. I envy most NTs because they seem able to choose what noises they get annoyed or upset with, and are able to rationalise it. I'm sorry, but I can't do that. My brain does not have those kinds of filters or ability to rationalise emotions. To me an offending noise is an offending noise. To NTs an offending noise is only deliberate noise. So a loud frog horn or a balloon popping can upset an NT, but a kid screaming at the top of its lungs can make an NT completely unperturbed because their fantastic brains are able to block the emotional reaction by a message saying "it's just a baby/toddler, that is what they do, can't do anything to stop it, do not feel any emotions about this situation, except sympathy."
My brain is missing that superpower. I don't have it. Sorry. So the next time someone gives me the clichéd crap, just f**k off.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 8:53 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Stark-raving insanity and my lack of giving two-f's about it or anyone anymore.

uh oh...

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:31 am

2 meetings, several chores, and too many reminders.

Subbing for someone for over a week... Next week is the 3rd week. Said subbing would also mean going to work at 7am the whole weekdays...

Cannot wait for the quietest holiday of this country.

But also the month would be over.
And when this month's over...

:| No more unplanned spending until May.

Sure I only spent like barely a week long to see how long am I actually able to prepare and consume an actual large breakfast, how much and why the fuss.

So..
Decided to 'sacrifice sleep' over more time early in the morning to prepare my own large breakfast -- over 30 mins to prepare and cook, over 15 mins to consume.
So 45 mins spent on food alone, and without distractions, about 20 mins at the bathroom at most. The rest is dressing, getting stuff before leaving, and then a 15-20 minute long cycling to work.

Minimum of 1 hour and 20 minutes -- of no stalling, no interruptions, no distractions. Just straight up complete morning set up speedrun.

Unless I suddenly gained a personal chef, cheat my way out, or got lucky by just reheating last night's dinner -- by eating instant stuff and going ready to eat stuff at best, skipping breakfast altogether at worst...

To think the former was used to be my norm, since my sleep issues won't let me sleep earlier, or wake up faster.
I

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:42 am

I would like to say thanks to the following people as being very honorable persons:
Isabella Linton, TwilightPrinces, jennyishere, and jakk, Where_ Am_ I for showing a great deal of internal courage and honor despite your own torments within your life.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm

I'm afraid I might be becoming a bit more human and I find it incredibly disturbing.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:11 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I'm afraid I might be becoming a bit more human and I find it incredibly disturbing.

Why is that?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:27 pm

longshot wrote:
FleaOfTheChill wrote:

Why is that?

I don't have the entirety of that figured out just yet. It's all rather complicated and there are multiple layers with what's going on with me these days. I know part of it likely has something to do with how uncomfortable liminal spaces are for me and that I am smack dab in the middle of one of those right now. It's also likely heavily steeped in the sheer volume of discomfort I have with feeling those pesky feeling things and I've been having more of those than usual lately. I'm also used to reacting to situations instead of choosing paths for myself and now that I am in a place where I have the space to choose for myself which directions I wish to go, I find it overwhelming. I suck at the challenge of choice. Personal growth can be scary to me. I am a chicken sh**. That's probably the short of it all. :lol:

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:29 pm

I think I can understand, though not completely

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:48 pm

I love sitting outside and getting to listen to birds. The fact that I might not be able to do this in a decade or two is terrifying and depressing though.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:06 pm

Trying to mentally communicate to my partner to get out of bed and cook me breakfast NOW.
Please??
:mrgreen:

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 6:16 pm

Hoping thar IsabellaLinton TwilightPrincess & Where_am_I are doing OK..

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:39 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I hate when people give me pragmatic crap like "oh kids will always scream, there's nothing you can do about it, deal with it" because that is just unhelpful

Just casually respond with 'well, I could strangle the brat; their vocal cords will cease to vibrate and voila — screaming stops'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I hate when people give me pragmatic crap like "oh kids will always scream, there's nothing you can do about it, deal with it" because that is just unhelpful

Just casually respond with 'well, I could strangle the brat; their vocal cords will cease to vibrate and voila — screaming stops'.

She should try 24 hours with my delirious almost 20-year old cat.

:(

Not to make light of either one but yeah, I feel that.
The vet keeps saying if he's eating and drinking then it's not time and we should just deal with 24/7 screaming.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:19 pm

I'm going to attempt to make a new friend tomorrow. :')

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

She should try 24 hours with my delirious almost 20-year old cat.

:(

Not to make light of either one but yeah, I feel that.
The vet keeps saying if he's eating and drinking then it's not time and we should just deal with 24/7 screaming.

Poor cat.
Poor you too. :(

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う