Page 88 of 97 [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 97  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2023, 10:14 pm

I don't get why good members keep leaving.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 8:13 pm

When the word 'relationship' almost always implies romantic and sexual relationship and relating to such types of partnership. :roll:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 4:24 pm

I don't get why I keep zoning out when listening to music but can focus more when listening to audiobooks. If I'm listening to music on my own I zone out in nearly every song and it starts ending before I zone back in and realise I have missed the whole song. Rinse and repeat.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 3:43 am

I don't get make up.

Why are there so many layers? So many different creams and things to put on before the make up actually makes you look nice. e.g. primer, foundation, powder, blusher, finishing spray. I can't be bothered with all of those because you just have to take it all off again every night! My poor skin.

I want one product that you can just put on and it makes you look good, not all these layers. :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 2:22 pm

Why you're not allowed to go into deep pool water with any swimming aids. I'm not a strong swimmer because of my ears and I dislike getting my head under the water even with earplugs or noseplugs, so having like a float or something to help my head to stay above the water makes me swim much better and more confidently, but the stupid hawk-eyed lifeguards tell you off and it's a f*****g killjoy.
If I had of been wearing armbands I wouldn't have almost lost my life drowning in deep water when I was 10. I wasn't a strong swimmer then either but all the other children I was with kept wanting to go in the deep end and I felt left out being alone in the shallow/baby pools, so I went into the deep end with my armbands on. But there was a sign saying no armbands on, so I took them off and got into the water. And I ended up going under and not being able to get back up and if another child hadn't of got an adult to pull me out the water I would have lost my life. None of that would have happened if I was allowed armbands on. :roll: And yes I used to JUMP into deep water with armbands on (in a different pool with more laid-back lifeguards), and was very confident and didn't have any unfortunate accidents. So it is possible.

So I think the rule should be that any weak swimmers should always be protected (with armbands or a float) when in deep water. That's fair.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 11:34 pm

People who move next to a race track and then complain about living next to a race track. :roll:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 6:54 am

People who I thought were my friends don't bother to take the time to wish me a happy birthday on Facebook but take the time to wish other people we know a happy birthday. A quick message on Facebook on your birthday can mean a lot when you suffer with RSD and loneliness, and it costs nothing, and I wish them a happy birthday on Facebook on their birthdays.
Gives me the impression that most people don't like me enough to give two seconds of their precious time. There I was thinking I'm likeable, maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm the same big selfish narcissist jerk in real life as I am here. Maybe I should die. I don't deserve to live. Or send me to jail if I'm that awful. :cry:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 9:06 am

Brown lens sunglasses are infinitely superior to grey ones and they make everything look lovely but most sunglasses have grey lenses.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 9:23 am

Don't get me started...

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2023, 6:27 am

If euthanasia is the kindest thing to do for animals then why don't they let humans have it done too (in certain countries)? Can't be that kind then...

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2023, 7:01 am

I don't get the appeal of most social media, to me it seems stressful without much benefit in return

It's like a job with no pay

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2023, 2:18 pm

I don't get how it's impossible for boys at school to want to fasten their top button on their shirt yet when it comes to prom night they have their top button fastened neatly the whole time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2023, 3:58 am

i don't get why so many newer cars with those garish shiny big wheels and rubber band tires ride stiffly like they have no suspension at all, and why so many people like this state of affairs.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2023, 4:57 am

I don't get why sometimes everyone participating in a topical thread is acting civil & then one member suddenly has a meltdown, makes some personal attacks, & accuses this forum of being hostel towards him/her :huh: Talk about projecting & I don't understand why some members just suddenly meltdown like that over seemingly nothing. I guess some people consider all forms of disagreement against them as personal attacks :shrug: This seems to be fairly common on this forum with a minority of members :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 7:46 am

nick007 wrote:
I don't get why sometimes everyone participating in a topical thread is acting civil & then one member suddenly has a meltdown, makes some personal attacks, & accuses this forum of being hostel towards him/her :huh: Talk about projecting & I don't understand why some members just suddenly meltdown like that over seemingly nothing. I guess some people consider all forms of disagreement against them as personal attacks :shrug: This seems to be fairly common on this forum with a minority of members :(

Did it happen recently, or are you just observing broadly?

I always wonder how often people are doing that strategically, vs. doing it because they have poor emotional regulation. Either way it should be unacceptable, but I'd be more understanding when it's not just an act to manipulate the audience.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2023, 8:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Did it happen recently, or are you just observing broadly?

I always wonder how often people are doing that strategically, vs. doing it because they have poor emotional regulation. Either way it should be unacceptable, but I'd be more understanding when it's not just an act to manipulate the audience.
I'm observing broadly.
I get what you mean. I would like to understand the psychology behind it a bit more either way.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition