[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZD4_FL0ms&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAknbzPVml8[/youtube]

:cyclopsani:

I'm actually more of a fan of poultry!!

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 4:51 am

I love cats because I've had cats since I was born... even before :lol: . It's almost as if I had been raised by them, I understand them...

Anyways... I also look snakes, owls, crows, fishes, turtles and rats.

Don't see the link with AS.

Just wanted to say that having 130cats in the same room is unhealthy and that cats don't like to live like a herd of cows... Poor animals.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 8:03 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
There seems to a bt of a continuous theme wth the cats. :scratch:

There does, and I was wondering why as well. :shrug:

Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2009, 9:54 am

_______________________________Z__________________________________________________________________
______________________________ZZ____ZZ_______________________________***MY CATS RULE***__________
_____________________________ZZZ___ZZZ___________________________________________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZZ____________________________________________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZ_____________________________________________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZ______________________________________________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZ______________________________________________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZ______________________________ZZ__Z__________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZ_____________________________ZZZZZZ__________________________
____________________________ZZZZ__ZZZ____________________________ZZZZZZ__________________________
___________________________ZZZZZ___ZZZ__________________________ZZZZZZZZ_________________________
_________________ZZZZZZZ___ZZZZ____ZZZZ________________________ZZZZZ_ZZZZ_______________________
________________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ______ZZZZ_______________________ZZZZZZZZZZZ_____________________
______________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________ZZZZZZZZZZZZ_____________ZZZZZZZZZZZZ____________________
Z____Z_______ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_____________________
ZZ__ZZZ___ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________________________
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ__________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_______________________
Z_ZZZ_ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ__________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________________________
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ__________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________________________
_ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________________________
______ZZZZZZZZZZZ__ZZZZZZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ________________________
________ZZZZZZZZZ___ZZZZZZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ__________________________
__________ZZZZZZZ___ZZZ__ZZ___________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ___________________________
__________ZZ_ZZZ____ZZZ___ZZ_________ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ____________________________
_________ZZZ__ZZ____ZZ____ZZ_________ZZZZZZZZZZZZ__________ZZZZZZZZ______________________________
_______ZZZ___ZZZ____ZZ____ZZ________ZZZZZZ__ZZZZ____________ZZZ_ZZZZ_____________________________
___ZZZZZZ___ZZZ____ZZ____ZZZ_________ZZZZ___ZZZZZ___________ZZZ__ZZZ_____________________________
___ZZZZ____ZZZ___ZZZ____ZZZ___________ZZZ_____ZZZZ___________ZZZ__ZZZ_____________________________
__________ZZZ____ZZ____________________ZZZ_____ZZZZZ_________ZZZZ__ZZZ_____________________________
_______________________________________ZZZZZ_____ZZZZ_________ZZZZ__ZZZZ____________________________
_______________________________________________________________ZZZZ_______________________________

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 10:03 am

They're fluffy, most of them are huggable and they have the exact personality and priorities as I do. They never tell you you're weird or a loser, or get angry because you won't make eye contact. (Cats also hate eye contact.)

What's not to love? :heart:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 11:11 am

I do not like cats. I think they are (often) self absorbed, maniplulative and cruel.

I'm more partial dogs because they are (often) loving and loyal. :) But I love most/all animals anyway. I think cats are very pretty and there are some sweet ones out there, I like those.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 11:16 am

mitharatowen wrote:
I do not like cats. I think they are (often) self absorbed, maniplulative and cruel.

I'm more partial dogs because they are (often) loving and loyal. :) But I love most/all animals anyway. I think cats are very pretty and there are some sweet ones out there, I like those.

1. self absorbed: this is compared to dogs, who are mindless slaves. compare a cat to a parrot and the cat turns into jesus ;)

2. manipulative? eh... *squints at you* have you been... TRICKED by a cat? *patts your head* there there :)

*3. cruel? :S you cant possibly refer to self defense or hunting instincts, are you refering to the "game w dinner" thing? its an instinct. the cat doesnt know that such actions are regarded by 1/100000000000 animal species as "cruel" and nor should it care B)

cats rule

dogs too, in a different way

parrots as well, in a totally weird (and truly self-absorbed :D ) way

---

* dogs do the same thing if you let them, and ive watched it (by accident).
the only difference is dogs are too strong for most of their "natural" prey, and will
shake to death animals very quickly. all dog-play is training for killing prey.
cats will grab ANY chance to train their skills on live pray, and what better an
oportunity than a RARE time they actually catch something? :D
its just humans who SEE the pain in this situation, and who medidate on it

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 11:30 am

^I could refute your claims but I see no point in starting a debate, I'll just clarify this:

ZEGH8578 wrote:
2. manipulative? eh... *squints at you* have you been... TRICKED by a cat? *patts your head* there there :)

What I mean by this is that a cat will rub up to you and be all friendly only when it is in the cat's best interests (eg it wants dinner). Otherwise they don't care about you at all.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 11:54 am

mitharatowen wrote:
^I could refute your claims but I see no point in starting a debate, I'll just clarify this:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

What I mean by this is that a cat will rub up to you and be all friendly only when it is in the cat's best interests (eg it wants dinner). Otherwise they don't care about you at all.

my cat _never_ rubs up to me as a sign of wanting to be fed. her food bowl is always full and available.
she has evening routines where she has to cuddle a lot, and i dont see anything manipulative in that behaviour. she has also come back all in all 6 times w food intended for me :I
you've been listening to too many dog-people's descriptions of cats ;)

again, dogs also show affection in order to gain recognition and ensure its place in the pack.
theyre just driven by a different set of instincts, and those arent "claims" of mine, but facts.

AutisticFurball
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2009, 12:19 pm

mitharatowen wrote:

Woah woah woah woah... 8O

You are confusing cats with [i]people[i]

Cats are fantastic, and are more like aspies than dogs are.

Plus we're gorgeous, clean, intelligent, beautiful, soft and cute. How could anyone resist our little faces? :cat:

Floyd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2009, 12:20 pm

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

like cats and don`t know this website: shame on you!

AutisticFurball
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2009, 12:25 pm

My cat rubs her head on me all the time. Not for food or anything like that. She just does it becuase she's affectionate. She also comes to me whenI call her (most of the time) and curls up next to me with her head on my arm. Sometimes she just sits looking up at me with big eyes and when I turn to look at her she'll do that noise they make when they're saying hello. Cats aren't selfish like a lot of people think. You just have to earn their respect and friendship before you can properly get to know them. Anyone who knows cats will know that. To someone who doesn't know cats, they might come across as distant, but that dosn't mean they're not loving and awesome in every possible way. They also smell nice.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 12:28 pm

I like cats as most cats and I get along well enough.
I have some cat-like traits.
And cats will let you know if you squeeze them too hard... which, for me, is good.

I also likes wolves, most other canines, various reptiles and amphibians, crows, ravens, peregrine falcons...

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 12:55 pm

I can get along with cats, i find them very truthful and straight-forward. If they want something they let you know, plus they always come back home with presents.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:33 pm

AutisticFurball wrote:
Cats are fantastic, and are more like aspies than dogs are.

I hear this a lot but have not seen anyone present any evidence of such. Might I ask why you think this?

My boyfriend and I were just talking about how my dog is aspie-ish when we took him to the dog park yesterday. He gets along well with most humans but doesn't seem to know how to play with other dogs, especially in a group situation. He will kind of hang around the outside of a group of wrestling dogs ... seemingly willing but unable to join in. He might start to play with one other dog but if a group runs up, he leaves and runs back to us. And even one-on-one he will never pounce or bite another dog. But he pounces on and bites us at home like no body's business! He just doesn't seem to know how to get along with dogs and eventually the others figured that out and pretty much ignored him.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:49 pm

I love cats, they are better than dogs. My mum has all the other animals in the universe but doesn't want a cat, not fair.