Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1125 of 1131 [ 18091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128 ... 1131  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 72
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,361
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

24 Nov 2020, 11:25 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I'm glad it's not just me shunning the televisions here. Sometimes people give me crap about it.

Refer them to "Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television" by Jerry Mander. (not on video :-)



Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jun 2020
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 747
Location: western MA, USA

24 Nov 2020, 11:27 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I'm glad it's not just me shunning the televisions here. Sometimes people give me crap about it.
I used to get crap from co-workers about not having a television. Some of them refused to believe it at all. I have one now though -- caved to pressure from my kids.



Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 72
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,361
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

24 Nov 2020, 11:49 am

Hockey is our national sport, so the morning after the Stanley cup game, I went in to work and asked "So, who won the Clarence cup? Uh, no - Stanley! Stanley cup." Nobody else thought it was funny.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

24 Nov 2020, 12:00 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Hockey is our national sport, so the morning after the Stanley cup game, I went in to work and asked "So, who won the Clarence cup? Uh, no - Stanley! Stanley cup." Nobody else thought it was funny.


I've never understood what Spiderman's creator has to do with a hockey tournament.



martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,992
Location: Kansas

24 Nov 2020, 3:23 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
Hockey is our national sport, so the morning after the Stanley cup game, I went in to work and asked "So, who won the Clarence cup? Uh, no - Stanley! Stanley cup." Nobody else thought it was funny.


I've never understood what Spiderman's creator has to do with a hockey tournament.


:lol: ahahaha
funeralxempire does it again, folks.


_________________
The phone ping from a pillow fort in a corn maze
I don't have a horse in your war games
I don't even really like horses
I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,362
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

24 Nov 2020, 3:40 pm

I'm starting to crave sandwiches for lunch again. That means I'm getting out of that spell of anxiety and depression that started last April.


_________________
Augustus Gloop The Plump, Little Schlager

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

24 Nov 2020, 3:47 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
Hockey is our national sport, so the morning after the Stanley cup game, I went in to work and asked "So, who won the Clarence cup? Uh, no - Stanley! Stanley cup." Nobody else thought it was funny.


I've never understood what Spiderman's creator has to do with a hockey tournament.


:lol: ahahaha
funeralxempire does it again, folks.


I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiter. :nerdy:



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,362
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

24 Nov 2020, 3:52 pm

I sleep with a pod filled with plush peas at night.


_________________
Augustus Gloop The Plump, Little Schlager

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

24 Nov 2020, 4:06 pm

In reference to HighVamp913's sig:

I just ate my demons, and you know what they say...
...you are what you eat. :twisted:



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,885
Location: Long Island, New York

24 Nov 2020, 6:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm starting to crave sandwiches for lunch again. That means I'm getting out of that spell of anxiety and depression that started last April.

:)


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2020
Age: 306
Posts: 793
Location: Everywhere

25 Nov 2020, 8:39 am

Dear_one wrote:
FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I'm glad it's not just me shunning the televisions here. Sometimes people give me crap about it.

Refer them to "Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television" by Jerry Mander. (not on video :-)


:lol: I'm totally going to do that.


And Steve, glad to see you've jumped in and added another to the tv shunner list. I feel that about the kids though. Years ago when it was just me and my kids, I broke down and got them a tv too. My oldest daughter kept the thing in her room. It made them happy.


Random truth for the day... I have a thing for the number five. Not just five,but numbers whose digits also add up to five, example 14 or 131. I'll even take numbers like 47291 because they add up to 23, and 2+3 is 5. I don't much care for multiples of five though. I'm not sure why. I'm also not sure why I like fives so much in general, but I do.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,362
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

25 Nov 2020, 10:27 am

I never thought that 2020 would be the worst year of my life.


_________________
Augustus Gloop The Plump, Little Schlager

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,362
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

25 Nov 2020, 10:09 pm

i like this version of Sleigh Ride. It helped lay the foundations for the song 'Tell Me Why', by The Beatles.


_________________
Augustus Gloop The Plump, Little Schlager

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,532

26 Nov 2020, 3:16 am

I like this song


_________________
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.


HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 1 Oct 2020
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Posts: 365
Location: In my head, Florida

26 Nov 2020, 9:56 am

I caught my first snake when I was 5.


_________________
~Taste the rainbow~
~Saturdayz for the boys~
~Ask me ANYTHING~
~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~
~Ask for the Tik-Tok~


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,362
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

26 Nov 2020, 11:54 am

This is my favourite version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer:


_________________
Augustus Gloop The Plump, Little Schlager

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645