Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1157 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1198  Next

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 4:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not going to eat less than 1,600 calories a day; that's a starvation diet.

Usually, I run 3 miles out of the 10-15 miles I walk every day. I do it at about an 11-minute mile.

As I've mentioned in so many other threads, bodies are so variable and complicated! There is no ONE "right way" to lose weight/get fit.

My sister has/had similar issues as yours. She was a marathon runner, and continued to gain weight despite a strict diet and running dozens of miles a day. The more she marathoned, the more weight she put on. After years of being gaslit by doctors (and being told eat 1200 calories or less a day), she found a thyroid doctor who did an extensive panel that showed that her thyroid hormones were completely out of whack. Her previous jerk of a thyroid doctor had only been giving her a simple blood workup, and had missed it for over a decade (she was furious). Her thyroid had atrophied as a result. After seeing her new thyroid doctor, it was also recommended she keep a food journal and note any food triggers. It turns out gluten was one of hers. She has additionally stopped marathoning. She has lost a lot of weight since then!

My point is: find what works for YOU. Trust your instincts and find a doctor/nutritionist that will address your concerns. What worked for my sister might not work for the next person.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 5:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not going to eat less than 1,600 calories a day; that's a starvation diet.

Usually, I run 3 miles out of the 10-15 miles I walk every day. I do it at about an 11-minute mile.

You sound very healthy for a 60 year old. But it's basic calories in calories out. A sub 1400 calorie diet is also correlated with longevity. Doubled lifespans in lots of organisms. Starvation would be like 300, or 500 kcal a day. 800kcals a day. 1300, 1400, 1500 are safe. Unless you a 6foot 11 giant, who needs 3,000 kcals a day bare minimum, then yeah then it might be starvation level.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

NyborE6
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2021, 5:48 pm

Hmm...

I'm vegan, and haven't ate any meat for 13-14 years now.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 3:16 pm

I am emotionally unstable

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 3:18 pm

I like to use the name "gatomon" to describe the domestic cat (Felis catus).

I have a mentality which deeply hates pain, discomfort and annihilation of sentient being. It "created" "own" monotheistic religion which discourages more marked forms of asceticism and radically rejects belief in severe punishment from God, like hell, torture or annihilation.

"I have no desire to feel pain at all".

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm

I have often failed to maintain email communication along with all other forms of communication from an online standpoint.. :cry: :cry:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 11:54 am

I think that I have undescribed sort of autism/pervasive developmental disorder/mental illness/developmental schizophrenia-spectrum disorder which is different from "classic" autism, pathological demand avoidance syndrome, specific developmental disorders, personality disorders, "typical" schizophrenia or "typical" psychosis. I might name my condition as "bizastrosis" (from "bizarre", "strange" and "psychosis"), "pathological nonconformism syndrome", "extreme hedonism syndrome". I do not tolerate larger sufferings or difficults. I have "obsession" about comfortable and pleasurable life. I am "aplatonic", "hypersexual", not aromantic, peculiar in sexual preferences. I have ideas of reference, grandiosity/messengership, derealization. I might be described as pathologically concerned (I have disgnosis of OCD and get a lot of SSRI) and lazy, cowardish, selfish :(

My mentality "created" new monotheistic religion which teaches universal salvation (eternal, with bliss and comfort) of all sentient beings without any scary divine punishments like torture or annihilation and "not hard", "sweet", "not so requiring" morality and practices. This religion might be considered as something opposite of abrahamic religions based on, for example, Quran, Torah, Book of Enoch, Bible.

My "mentality" considers material evil (aka physical evil) as worse and more evil than moral evil.

My "mentality" despises pain, suffering (at least that which not truly mild one) and annihilation!

My "mentality" "wonders" if "total" solipsism is true :( :( :( "Total" solipsism would mean that only one sentient being can exist in entire being (God + creation) - I. "Total" solipsism looks not as bad as torture (especially or at least endless and/or non-beneficial for tortured one) or annihilation for my "mentality". "Total" solipsism would mean that The God is not able of creating sentient beings other than Himself. "Total" solipsism is an absolute crazy idea, but it looks for my mentality to be somewhat really useful in theological and ontological reflections (for example in reflections about unitarianism and polytarianism (trinitarianism is a form of polytarianism)).

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 1:38 pm

I can’t handle reality. That’s why I like cute, fantasy things.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 1:48 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

Me too. And i don't think that's a bad thing at all.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm

AprilR wrote:

It doesn’t interfere with my basic living skills (doing laundry, preparing food etc....) so it’s not a bad thing. It’s just how I cope. For some people, exercise helps but for me it’s escapism.

Part of me wonders if this is why guys don’t want to date me. If so, I’m staying single.

Random truth: I love glitter and wear it on the corners of my eyes.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2021, 2:26 pm

AprilR wrote:

It doesn’t interfere with my basic living skills (doing laundry, preparing food etc....) so it’s not a bad thing. It’s just how I cope. For some people, exercise helps but for me it’s escapism.

Part of me wonders if this is why guys don’t want to date me. If so, I’m staying single.

I can relate. I tend to daydream a lot.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:29 pm

AprilR wrote:

Same with me, i try hard to do my chores, study, look for a job etc.

Haha, i have no interest in dating at all even though i tried it in the past. People have so many expectations of women here that i don't think i would be able to meet them even if i want to. And fictional guys are always better :D

I also have a glitter eyeliner btw!

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:31 pm

I drink a lot of water (and eat a lot of salty foods) due to a health condition

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:54 pm

I eat a lot of salty foods, sugary foods, fatty foods, dairy foods, any food, if it tastes good, i eat it.

BTW in case anybody thinks i'm wallowing in obesity. I'm 175lb. I'm not fat. I just have strong appetites.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:57 pm

AprilR wrote:
AprilR wrote:

Haha, i have no interest in dating at all even though i tried it in the past. People have so many expectations of women here that i don't think i would be able to meet them even if i want to. And fictional guys are always better :D

I ordered matte black and sparkly pink Urban Decay eyeliner recently. I feel less alone knowing someone else has similar interests in this world.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 2:58 pm

AprilR wrote:
AprilR wrote:

I ordered matte black and sparkly pink Urban Decay eyeliner recently. I feel less alone knowing someone else has similar interests in this world.

Urban Decay's glitter liners are soooo pretty i wish i could afford it also!

I am glad to meet a kindred spirit too :)