Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1192 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195 ... 1198  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 12:36 pm

There are two things that are always on my mind. One thing is Canada and the other thing is Germany.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 1:13 pm

I had thoughts about "bliss paradox", "pleasure paradox" of certain monotheistic theologies (especially ones which base on Quran): God totally is not like anything and anyone what/who is not Him, so He is utterly not like a human, who is just a being created by Him. Human can feel bliss. God (Who is not bound by time and Who is changeless) should not have any ability to experience bliss, to feel pleasure, because having feelings and emotions (including very pleasant feelings or emotions) is a property of created personal beings like humans. It looks like an eternally saved, created by God human feels "absolutely" better than God, Who is the only Necessary and Unconditional Being and is not like anything which He created, including, of course, saved humans (so God has to be non-sentient, not able to feel happiness, pleasure, bliss, joy because if He would be able to experience them, He would be like some of His creations (like personal beings, for example humans)). According to Quran God is NOT a person (is Totally One and Totally Unique, Totally Indivisible) and is unitarian (not, for example, trinitarian or binitarian).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 1:21 pm

Dean calls me Big Baby, Schultz.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 2:52 pm

A fragment of a translation of the Quran and commentary to it:

Quote:
23:117 And whoever invokes another god with God, when there is no clear evidence for it, that one will have to take full responsibility before his Lord. Surely, God does not grant success to traitors, infidels and ungrateful people.

Those who invoke another god with God will have to take full responsibility before Him. These people will never be able to really justify themselves for what they have done, since there is not the slightest proof that other gods exist apart from God, but rather all the proof tends to prove opposite. It is something extremely serious to invoke another god with God, because it constitutes the greatest betrayal that one can commit against God, He who is our only True Creator, Sustainer, and Master. God does not grant success to traitors, infidels and ungrateful, and leaves them in their immense injustice until the punishment reaches them.

According to The Quran, Catholicism is a religion of shirk. There are numerous intercessors and intermediaries in Catholicism (Mary and other saints, angels; according to Catholic Faith, Jesus is God and The Deity is trinitarian, not unitarian). Catholicism, of course, rejects Quran. For Catholicism to believe that someone must not pray for intercession of saints or (and) angels is a heresy, and heresy is considered a mortal sin in Catholicism, which can end in eternal torment in hell, if not forgiven before death.

Arguments of Quran ("God-only religion") looks more reasonable than "a religion full of intercessors and intermediaries", which is, for example, Catholic faith...

"I fear hell very much"... Both Quranism and Catholicism believe that certain humans will be eternally suffer in hell.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:33 pm

I have three classes left before I complete degree requirements for my major.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 6:13 am

This song reminds me of Peter Newkirk from Hogan's Heroes:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 8:25 am

Outside:

Inside:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 10:30 pm

I've never been to a high school reunion and quite frankly, I don't really care.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 2:01 am

I live by the sea and have a collection of reproduction 19th century nautical stuff. I've even been out to sea on a 19th century style sailing ship.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 2:02 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've never been to a high school reunion and quite frankly, I don't really care.

Same here.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 2:04 am

I'm a caffiene addict and I cant stand the withdrawals because I can't stand my headaches.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 8:29 am

I was once blind temporarily speaking, but blind regardless

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 12:54 pm

I had a dream about my need for personal space last night. It was a sidewalk dream.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

You're not the only one, SGT Cockney Rebel.

I was invited to a high school reunion back in 2018 (for ten years after the fact),
but I ignored the invite with some wondering why I was a "no-show."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 10:12 pm

I bought a 12 pack and a 24 pack of Pepsi Zero Sugar just so I could maximize my points at a local supermarket today.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

I prefer Diet Coke over the sugar-laden regular Coke.