Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1081 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084 ... 1198  Next

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 8:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
I did the thing for DSM 4 or 6 (cannot remember whether the V came before the I) from a book created for parents and teachers.

I did it especially in retrospect of myself as a kid age 5-6. From everything I remember about myself doing as well as what others said.

If my parents had had the sense to take me I mean. It came out almost checking all categories save for about 3 points overall.

DSM IV. The current version is 5, so most likely the next version will be called 6, not VI.

That makes sense thnx for telling me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 8:41 pm

I was rude to my teacher when I was 14. She started crying and telling me her life story about how her husband was leaving her. I froze up and didn't know what to say but I've never forgotten it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 8:43 pm

I think I have done something...

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 10:14 pm

I really like chocolate. I gave up sugar so now I get the 90% chocolate.

LoraAdora
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2020, 6:22 am

I have done one or more drawings every day since I was eleven.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 6:31 am

^ I'd love to see them. If you are comfortable doing so.

I love watching my new little seedling veggies come up.

LoraAdora

12 Feb 2020, 8:08 am

^> Of course I would love to! :) . How do I upload a picture here please?

Are you a keen gardener? My mum used to grow a lot of flowers and vegetables.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 10:07 am

I wish I could garden. I read most of my mom's books about it as she was passionate about it except my dad kept moving us almost yearly or every 2 yrs so all her efforts went to waste.

Gardening sounded extremely complicated. It's still interesting to read about esp if the author has a sense of humour too.

The best one was a series of articles by a retired British reporter, who had an allotment with her husband and son.

Her articles about it had been compiled into a book. The problem is I can't find the name of the book, as there are 100s of books about allotments by British writers.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 10:18 am

Oh it's called minding my peas and cucumbers by Kay Sexton. And the allotment diaries.

Im mentioning in case blazingstar you want to read those

monson86
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 3:31 pm

When I was 21(13 years ago) I slashed through my carotid artery with a box cutter, I died but only for a minute, I was brought back to life courtesy of Vanderbilt university head and neck surgeons, that's why I have my long beard, because my neck is riddled in scar tissue

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 12:27 am

I'm glad you're still with us :)

My truth is how badly I suck at job interviews.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 6:20 pm

I don't even usually get to the interview part. My resume is unimpressive enough that when I apply to jobs, even crappy part-time jobs that "anyone" can get, I almost always hear nothing back.

Out of over 75 jobs I have applied for, I heard back from a total of 4, if I recall correctly. One asked me for a good time to call me to ask me some questions, I replied, and then they never called. One was a preliminary interview for which I was promptly "preliminated" because my tremor was particularly bad that day and even after I told him about the tremor, the guy was hung up on how I looked "extremely terrified" (which I wasn't). The third was a place that was absolutely desperate for employees (my boss was asking me to cover extra shifts every week and asked me multiple times if I knew anyone else who wanted a part-time job, is how understaffed they were), and there was no interview, I just had to go fill out some paperwork and I was hired. The fourth was when I was looking for another job after the company I was working for got sold and the place that bought them wanted to use their own employees. It actually had an interview, though I don't remember any of it (I was not doing well mentally at the time due to all the stress from my last job, I think that messed with my memory). So apparently I can pass a job interview, but the only places that will even look at my resume twice are for part-time janitorial positions :roll:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 9:31 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
I did the thing for DSM 4 or 6 (cannot remember whether the V came before the I) from a book created for parents and teachers.

I did it especially in retrospect of myself as a kid age 5-6. From everything I remember about myself doing as well as what others said.

If my parents had had the sense to take me I mean. It came out almost checking all categories save for about 3 points overall.

DSM IV. The current version is 5, so most likely the next version will be called 6, not VI.

That makes sense thnx for telling me.

Remembering useless things is one of my greatest skills. Remembering useful things on the other hand...

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 6:52 am

Me too! I'll never be an expert at anything but I can follow almost any conversation to a point because of all the random things I know.

monson86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 7:06 am

I have a really bad hangover and I'm pretty sure my breath is flammable right now.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 7:52 am

You just made me laugh. A good way to start the day, thanks!