Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1076 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079 ... 1198  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:23 pm

I hate coffee, I drink Mountain Dew instead.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:32 pm

I like Mountain Dew, I use it to swallow my caffeine pills. Image

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
crazy³?

yes.

I think that defecation and flatulence are really humilitating activities which are effect of sin.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm

My memory is so bad that I can forget what show or movie is on TV during a commercial break, even if I was paying attention to it. I blamed the ECT I got in an attempt to treat my severe depression, but it's only gotten worse since then, not better.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 10:41 am

I think that deficit of theory of mind may be considered a specific developmental disorder, like difficulties in math and reading. Lack of intuitive theory of mind is a cognitive impairment. I think that there are many people with worse ToM than I who function higher than me. I also think that many "NVLDers" have a sort of autism or aspieness instead of pure learning disability. For me autism is mostly about character, temperament, personality, not cognitive abilities.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 10:42 am

I have trouble writing.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 10:59 am

I ended therapy in a day hospital today (which lasted 60 working days). I was diagnosed with F84.5, F42.2, F21 (ICD-10 codes).

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 10:08 pm

nca14 wrote:
I think that deficit of theory of mind may be considered a specific developmental disorder, like difficulties in math and reading. Lack of intuitive theory of mind is a cognitive impairment. I think that there are many people with worse ToM than I who function higher than me. I also think that many "NVLDers" have a sort of autism or aspieness instead of pure learning disability. For me autism is mostly about character, temperament, personality, not cognitive abilities.

It isnt for me, since I see severe asd and 'mild' from birth onwards and how it shows itself , from my kids, and reflecting on myself, it's impairing cognitively in certain areas. Some ppl are luckier than others.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 10:52 am

I have no sympathy with or respect for addicts. Or anyone whose problems are self inflicted.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:17 pm

I am bad with money (irresponsible and unaware)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 3:17 pm

I think that many people with NVLD diagnosis or symptoms have undescribed kind of autism which is not associated with "standard" autism spectrum disorder. I think that people with NVLD can be more impaired than many individuals with clinical ASD, especially ASD level 1.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 5:49 pm

I'm the weirdo who goes to the doctor hoping there is something wrong, so I don't come off as a hypochondriac or attention-seeker. When I go to the doctor, what I fear is them finding nothing wrong and dismissing me, and then the problem continuing but I don't have the courage to go back to the doctor because they'll think I'm one or both of those two things.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 9:00 pm

I have a legitimate phobia of internal parasites, but I do not have parasitophobia (which is where one has a delusion that they are infested with parasites).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 2:09 pm

I have strong interest in checking if The Quran is God's scripture. But I do not want anyone to follow false religion, including me. It is my strongest "obsession" last times.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 2:10 pm

I like to live vicariously through fictional characters.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:17 pm

I would say that I have profound "obsession" about hidden miracles of Islamic holy book (which were known only in technocene).