Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1133 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136 ... 1198  Next

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 12:28 pm

I like Harry Potter but fair enough. He has inspired me to create my character 'Great Uncle Manfred', a fictitious relative and magician. I am currently writing a spoof autobiography of him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 8:09 pm

I like to eat string cheese before bed to see what happens.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 10:55 pm

That "Mexican music" that I listened to at the ages 11 and 12 was actually Schlager music. No wonder my dad gave me a stare every time he said, "And a little bit of German." every time he told my sister and I about our British heritage.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 11:05 am

The Whale Bay theme from Diddy Kong Racing reminds me of an old Kinks song from 1966.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 9:52 pm

Like my co-workers, I hate it when a rude customer shows up and tries to make a mess of everything.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 12:44 am

I'm still a heart aspie after all these years.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 12:35 pm

I did not thought about making non-romantic, non-sexual friends as a child, maybe even at all, if I remember it well.

Digimon named Gatomon looks very sweet, nice, cute for me. It looks like a... kitty. Somewhat anthropomorphic kitty.

I think that a cat's muzzle can be a very nice thing to look at!

I know Polish phrase "mieć kota w głowie" (literally: "to have a cat in the head"), which literally means: "to be crazy, mad, kooky, nutty, mentally unwell".

I still can have problems with writing larger posts and messages in the Internet. Maybe it is due to quetiapine (an anti-psychotic drug)? I have to take 100 mg of quetiapine daily (which is not so much), at evening. Since about a year.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 1:39 pm

I'm constantly writing but I'm very shy and reluctant to share anything I write with anyone but a couple close friends who also are fic writers.

My Tumblr

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

I can't tell if I seem more autistic on here than in real life or if I'm just more self-aware when I can read what I say.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm

I write, but I will never let anyone read my stories, ever. In fact, if I have warning before I die (like if I develop a fatal condition or something), probably the first thing I’ll do is destroy all my writing so I know no one will read it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 3:01 pm

If you don't want people to read your stories, they are probably good. This makes me curious :wink:

Emily Dickinson wrote thousands of poems. Only maybe a dozen of them were published in her lifetime. She wrote pretty well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 3:10 pm

I'm constantly working things out in my mind. Yesterday, I worked out that it doesn't matter whether I'm "cool" or not. All that matter is that my head's on straight and my heart's in the right place.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 3:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you don't want people to read your stories, they are probably good. This makes me curious :wink:

Emily Dickinson wrote thousands of poems. Only maybe a dozen of them were published in her lifetime. She wrote pretty well.

I have my moments of eloquence, but they just make the rest look even worse by comparison :oops: I think my main problem is that my stories feel extremely personal (although they aren’t directly so, not actually about the real me or anything) and therefore I’m terrified to put them up for judgment. I might consider sharing little snippets of the good stuff, if I have some that might make any sense without the rest of the story there.

I also jump from place to place in my stories, writing different scenes completely out of order as they come to me, and have trouble joining them together. I have stories I’ve been working on on and off for years (one even since high school), but I’ve never even come close to actually finishing anything.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 6:18 pm

I'd like to be able to play Smash Bros. Melee on a professional level, but I am really bad at it because of my coordination and reaction time issues. Seeing other autistic people become really good at the game after being considered bad at first encourages me though.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:26 am

I like to run. Sometimes when I'm running I think about being in the zombie apocalypse and stabbing zombies in the head. I'm not sure what that says about my psychology. 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:27 am

My pinky is very bent now.