Label it and Diagnose it, Drug it!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2009, 5:44 pm

Ok, here is the new formula most educational systems have.

I know this is cynical and might make me be percieved as a raving lunatic however it is worth the mileage I can get out of it, lol.

Anyway, so being out of secondary education for a year now, makes me look back at the time I was there. I found out something during my contemplation, that it is very simple. If you don't behave EXACTLY the way others do, you have a disorder, if you not a submissive slave to the teacher, and socialize with the children, "peers", and adults you have a problem.

You must think, act and behave normal, otherwise you have a disability....

So, come up with a disability and label that child with it as a means of social control

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

Ooo! Great thread.

My new disorder:

High Sensory Addiction Disorder.

Symptoms:

- A strong liking for loud music
- Tendency to wear bright colours
- Preference for strong tastes

3 of 2 is sufficient for diagnosis.

This disorder is a problem because it indicates the person is a sensation seeker and places high sensation above rules and conformity.

It also may indicate that the person has a strong personality and is rebellious.

Drug treatment reduces this need for high stimulation.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 6:42 pm

According to Mental Health Professionals, their is NO SUCH THING as a "Functional Family", therefore all families are by definition "Dysfunctional". -hmmm good marketing or Job security?

ME: Hey Doc, when I was a Kid.....
Doc: "Oh that Ok son, I have a pill for that"

ME: Hey Doc, I have this pain in my...

ME: Hey Doc, I feel like.....

ME: Hey Doc, I don't feel like.....

ME: Hey Doc, I have a pill problem now!
:?

Alexithymian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2009, 6:45 pm

That's why they call it 'High'-School in America-land...
For most people, finishing it is their 'highest' achievement, the rest just needs to get 'high' to survive it.

On a more serious note:

I share your thoughts about the subject, but I have a different conclusion: Ignorance!
Most teachers are just concerned with not looking like an ass in front of the class, so they are naturally afraid of anything/anyone they cannot understand.

In my school carreer, teachers told my parents I just behaved like I did on purpose, just to quietly undermine them. It just makes everything easyer to blame your personal incompetence on someone else, doesn't it! Specially if that someone doesn't have the power to defend against a patetic ego like that.

Just hope that one day mankind will look back on these times and concider the education system as barbaric.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 4:00 am

Quote:
That's why they call it 'High'-School in America-land...
For most people, finishing it is their 'highest' achievement, the rest just needs to get 'high' to survive it.

It's the same thing up North here in Canada.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!