Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 4:55 pm

I ask this as some people have more than one, like myself. One of my pet hates is when you come to use the toilet after a bloke and he has left the bloody seat up and dribbled on the floor in front of the toilet. Another is when you're in a cinema or theatre and some mean individual who is about three times your height decides to perch him/herself right in front of you without taking into consideration that the person behind him/her is much shorter. Had to get that off my chest. :x

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2006, 5:05 pm

When I was going to school, it was a special school for all ages for students who had trouble in regular schools.

On the bus last year, I was just sitting there listening to my CD player, and this ten year old girl spit on me and smacked me in the face with her jacket. When she gets mad, she takes her anger out on the person that is the closest to her. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that anymore.

I also don't like to listen to little kids screaming.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 5:56 pm

Pet hate?
People, with enough intelligence to do so, not thinking.
"Mouth in motion, brain not in gear syndrome."

Double hate when it's me, but more often I get accused of thinking too much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 10:07 pm

Grown Adults of both Sexes talking Valley Talk and talking in such a way that their sentences sound like Questions. Like this, you know? God, I hate that!

Screaming Children.

Ignorant Children who think that they know everything about everybody.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 11:11 pm

I wouldn't want to fill up alex's server with everyone and everything I hate. :lol:

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 11:13 pm

Women who hover five inches over the toilet seat and pee all over the thing. They're the reason there's pee on the seat in the first place. :roll: I wonder if these are the same women who nag men about leaving the toilet seat down?

Crying babies.

Blathering phone conversations from people who KNOW I hate the phone.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 11:30 pm

"I don't have pet peeves, i have major psychotic f****n' hatreds." - George Carlin

Last edited by Nomaken on 31 Jan 2006, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrGonzo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2006, 12:32 am

I can't stand people who blocks the aisles in a store. They just stand there chatting away and nobody else can get down the aisle. Thats the reason that i hate going to stores when it is crowded.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2006, 5:12 am

I HATE security guards in shops, mostly clothes shops, who ALWAYS pick me to follow and don't even have the decency to make it a little less obvious. :evil:

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 1:41 pm

Quote:
when you come to use the toilet after a bloke and he has left the bloody seat up and dribbled on the floor

There it is, one of worst hates: people who leave a bloody seat! Makes me paranoid about catching something... I can't blame the guy for putting the seat up and not wanting to sit on it. :P

Another hate along the same vein- people who throw used tampons, pads, or condoms right on the top of the trash (or even worse, in the parking lot or on the sidealk!) and don't cover it up with paper towels or something. Ick. Have some class, people!

Very bad grammar also irks me, not that I'm perfect, but serious butchering of the language is almost painful to have to hear.

Girls with long hair or ponytails who toss their hair like a spoiled pony. :x

Poeple who let their babies cry in supermarkets when it just needs to be picked up. Come on, lady, you had the kid, now take care of the poor thing or give it to someone who will.
People who outright slap their children (of various ages) when it's clear that the child didn't deserve it or wouldn't be acting this way if the parent hadn't given in to whining and tantrums before. I find it traumatizing to be forced to stand there silently and watch a parent slap their kid around- I can't say anything or leave the place because I work there.

Parents of autistic kids have irked me even more....one gal shoved and hit her son for rocking while he stood waiting for her to make up her mind.

The smell of booze on someone's breath. Go brush your teeth...

See, I'm just really irritable. I could go on like this for hours.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2006, 2:14 pm

People who look at you strangely in the supermarket because your kid is crying and don't take the time to think that it is for some reason along the lines of being told "no I wont buy you a toilet brush" because you know full well that they will hit perfect strangers in the groin with it, and you are just trying to ride the tantrum out WITHOUT smacking.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 7:07 pm

Quote:
you are just trying to ride the tantrum out WITHOUT smacking.

I must admit I get a bit angry when people do that because the noise bothers me, i'll usually make a horrible face at the parent. :oops:

I guess everyone's different though.. I would smack my children if they misbehaved.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2006, 6:17 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:
you are just trying to ride the tantrum out WITHOUT smacking.

I must admit I get a bit angry when people do that because the noise bothers me, i'll usually make a horrible face at the parent. :oops:

I guess everyone's different though.. I would smack my children if they misbehaved.

Fist of all it's illegal and second i'm not going to smack an asperger's child because the noise bothers some people. That's just life for you, there is noise lol

What I don't like is to see parents in that situation not trying to distract the child in some way, that is a pet hate of mine.

raedizzle2006
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2006, 3:46 am

Let's see...what are my "pet hates?" In no particular order of "hatred level", here goes:

1) Most team sports (with exception of college basketball, GO DUKE & NC STATE :lol: :wink: ); flame away LOL, but I don't esp. care for baseball (maybe rarely, I might)..nor do I care for NASCAR, golf, hockey, and my worst FOOTBALL!! Really pisses me off when a game pre-empts something else I'd rather tune in to, and hell no I will NOT watch the "Stupor Bowl" Sunday!! Als, I guess being non-athletic specimen myself may have turned me off from caring much for sports LOL; I hated having to play games in school. Gym for me was worse than Algebra or Chemistry, ha.

2) When I do something wrong (esp. without meaning to), and I try to apologize for it (I do this a lot), and the person I'm apologizing to says something like, "You're okay!" (Or similar phrase) If I were really "okay", I wouldn't have made the damned mistake in the 1st place. I just find that a kind of condescending thing and really makes my blood boil :twisted: Maybe I'm too overemotional here?

3) Also hate when I tell someone (like at work, full of pop-culture conscious NT's LOL) that I don't care for something that the "in-crowd" is into, like NASCAR or American Idol, etc.-and that person ends up asking me, "Why not?" in such a voice that maybe implies there is some damned thing wrong with me 'cause I'm just not into what "everyone else" is into, dammit. I am NOT going to be some freaking mind-numbed sheeplet, following all the latest trends or fads in an attempt to "fit in." If people can't take me for who I am, then JUST DON'T TALK TO ME okay?!

4) Definitely HATE when so many people (again, at work mostly..happened a lot in school too way back when) tease me ever so incessantly and they must KNOW I hate it!! :twisted: :twisted: But of course that never seems to stop 'em; if anything, they tend to feed off my displeasure of it! If only I could better "read" people, to know if their teasing is at least meant to be somewhat good-natured..or are they really pegging me as their "punching bag?" I very rarely can tell the difference, and may have lost some potential friends as I have gotten mad at them for what I perceive to be "mean" teasing, but anyway...

5) Not having a lot of money LOL..'nuff said

6) Not having met my fave actress raven-symone yet LOL..hope to fix that one someday :wink:

7) Anything else not covered in this message LOL

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 5:41 am

OTTILY wrote:

Fist of all it's illegal and second i'm not going to smack an asperger's child because the noise bothers some people. That's just life for you, there is noise lol

What I don't like is to see parents in that situation not trying to distract the child in some way, that is a pet hate of mine.

Yeah, I argree. I didn't know smacking was illegal either 8O