Have any of you ever seen a ghost?

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 1:04 am

OTTILY wrote:
Gerrit wrote:
There is no such thing as a paranormal phenomenon.

If someone sees something he or she can't explain, the only explanation is to be found in the observers brain.

Gerrit i appreciate your oppinion (god knows i have just spent a good chunk of time listening to it in the chat room) but if you read my topic it is asking for people to post experiences that they feel are paranormal. It's not a discussion on is it isn't it. Unless someone asks a question obviously.

I agree. I hate when people state their opinions as facts. There is no way anyone can prove that the paranormal really exists, but there's no way they can disprove it either. You have to see for yourself to really believe in it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 1:41 am

I've seen a Ghost of a Pearly King, a few times.

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2006, 5:31 am

I've seen a ghost when I was about eight or nine years old. Or at least I experienced it like that (I do not believe in ghosts, so it must have been something that happened in my mind). The thing I found so strange is that it happened at a moment I was not scared or anything, I was only a little scared when it happened and very scared for a while after it happened. I even fainted right after it happened, which a never have had before or after that experience.

If it was coming from my own mind I would expect it to happen in a dark cellar or something (we had one at the time, and I had to go there regularly and found it quite scary, but I never saw anything weird there).

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2006, 5:44 am

Another weird thing happened at exactly the same place about a year after that experience. I was running (playing a game) and exactly at the moment I got at "the spot" a wooden sort of door (don't know the English word) fell right in front of me. I fell on it and my legs were paralized for a couple of minutes. It was a concrete floor so it was allmost impossible that it fell because of vibrations caused by our play. My sister wanted to go to get help, but then I realized that it was "the spot" and I begged her to stay until I could walk again (and luckily she did, although she found my behaviour veeeery strange).

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 5:56 am

I have not yet seen a ghost, though some have told Me their ghost stories. I might though have felt some or not I do not know if they were ghosts or not in the end.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 7:32 pm

I thought something walked around me once. I get scared every time I think about it.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 1:49 pm

Only in my mania.

-SpaceCase :)

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 4:23 pm

I mentioned that I have a poltergeist in my house. It's moved a cup on my desk twice, a cylinder of lemonade on a shelf once, and another cup moved by my sink. This last one might have been due to water and slop because I could duplicate it, but the others didn't duplicate themselves when I put things back to where they were before they moved.

It doesn't scare me because nothing "threatening" has happened, it's just stuff moving. It's weird but funny. I like to think if it's a poltergeist he's either just really bored or is like really goofy or something.

The alternative is, of course, that I have telekinesis in addition to mild electrokenesis. ((Which my mom has; she walks or drives under street lights and they go out, she has walked by light bulbs and had them explode, and her watches all die really fast.)) I have experienced the street light thing, and computer/electronic equipment is ill-fated around me, and a couple days ago when I was really mad a light bulb went out when I was sitting by it. I have a calculator that, at random moments, will interrupt what you're doing and say "SIN." Hmm... I'm either getting a sign, or being told to sin, but I can't tell which. Lol.

dy
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2006, 12:19 am

I am not precisely certain what you meant by 'ghosts'. If you mean 'spirits', then yes, many times over the last twenty-odd years. Usually they look filmy and indistinct, such that it's obvious they are not physically there. They still can be quite frightening just the same, e.g. a coiled rattlesnake showing up on your desk while you're writing, or an 'accursed' black cat, complete with ruffled fur and arched back but two feet away on the floor to your right.
I have also seen a great many 'strange' things that could not be readily explained by common means, such as smelling a 'pipe' in a room... I wasn't the only person smelling it... Norman tasting blood after having spirits evicted... Marc's eyes changing and both sides of his body working when he was 'possessed'... Evil spirits chasing me around the church late at night while I was cleaning the place... Clearing an area by 'preaching' so loud I got echoes... Being hit by a car and neither falling down nor crashing... Strange dreams... Knowing things... Prophecies that came to pass... Seeing people flung or go into convulsions...
When you have that much stuff happen, it tends to rearange your thoughts more than a little about how things actually work - and no, I wasn't raised in a church-going family. I was <very> sceptical about the whole matter, especially at first. Now I know better

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2006, 1:09 pm

A door opened itself at school once. It was closed good and no one was there.

McCartney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2006, 1:32 pm

My household ghost is normally to be seen running down the hallway.

First, my stepdad said that he had seen a tall man running down the hallway at top speed. We didn't know what to think, except a ghost; it wasn't anyone we had ever seen before.
Then I saw it happen. Except I was in my bedroom, next to the open door. I just happen to turn around and see a little kid (I thought I was my brother) running down the hallway and into his bedroom. I immediately walked to his room and looked in, as though to see why he was running. He wasn't in his room. I'm like ok... And then I walked to the backdoor, to see if he was in the back yard, and sure enough, he was there, with my stepdad. He had been out there for the past ten minutes.

Then I'm just getting out of the shower, and I'm not...well...dressed yet. When I get out and start drying off, the shampoo bottle starts rocking. I'm like f*** it, I'm getting dressed in my bedroom. If this ghost can change forms, I didn't know if it was a guy or a girl, lol

My favorite messageboard, Paradise City:
www.rocknrollforum.proboards49.com

"We fight, we f*ck, it's in our nature to have desires."

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2006, 4:35 pm

my grandma stayed with us for a few months after her death. After the fire in our house she left but about a year ago i know i felt her hand on my forehead.

she has not been heard from since that time.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2006, 8:54 pm

It is all in your head. Literally. You know when little kids are afraid of the dark, or monsters under their bed or in their closet? Obviously it is all in their head. There are no monsters. No boogeyman. It is the same situation for adults and ghosts. Grow up. Stop being victimized by your own brain and your own insecurities. Get some mental maturity. There are no monsters or ghosts or boogeymen, except to children or children in adult bodies.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2006, 9:05 pm

Everyone else saw the door and they thought it was weird.

mr_taylor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jun 2006, 12:32 am

I've always loved this although it scares me and I'm still waiting for my turn to see something... Thanks for your stories everyone :P

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 2:00 am

Yes i have seen a ghost. When i was 12 yrs old i was walking to the grocery store at around 9:30 ish at night. I saw a tall man walking slowly across the street to the corner where i was heading. He was dressed like Abe Lincoln with a frock coat and a tall hat. I was really frightened when i saw him...i knew it was a ghost. Because he was kind of misty grey colorless and sort of insubstantial looking. I speeding up cause i could see we where going to meet up at the corner the same time. Even though i hurried up he gets to the corner a step ahead of me. Then he stops and turns his head slightly and looks right at me. I'm so scared right now too scared to look at him, but i can see with my peripheral(sp?) vision. So i just sort of scurried by and keep walking as fast as i could. I listened to hear any footsteps behind me, but i didn't hear any. On the way back to my house i had to pass that spot again but didn't see anyone. I assume it was a ghost i saw cause he was dressed old fashioned and it wasn't halloween. I haven't seen any ghosts after that. I have heard them thou... 8O