Have any of you ever seen a ghost?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 5:41 pm

emp wrote:
It is all in your head. Literally. You know when little kids are afraid of the dark, or monsters under their bed or in their closet? Obviously it is all in their head. There are no monsters. No boogeyman. It is the same situation for adults and ghosts. Grow up. Stop being victimized by your own brain and your own insecurities. Get some mental maturity. There are no monsters or ghosts or boogeymen, except to children or children in adult bodies.

Even if it is all in our own heads our belief in ghosts is not hurting you or anyone else but us.. I am really getting tired of you bashing peoples beliefs. you seem to like attacking whole groups of people because of the views of a few people in that group. Doing this makes you no better then the people you talk about.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:08 pm

I have never personally seen one, but I have seen some strange things. The idea is fascinating but if I really saw one I would probably pee my pants. I don't know if I believe or not, but I would love to walk through a "haunted house" (but not alone). When I was little I believed in them and often thought I heard them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 10:21 pm

I see Jimi Hendrix in the dark, if I drink Coffee, in the Early Morning hours.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 12:32 am

:D Cool! Would you tell him for me I loved "Watchtower"?

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 12:38 pm

I have never seen a ghost, but I've experienced some pretty ****ed up things in my life. And everything on this list had multiple witnesses, so it isn't "all in my head"

(note: I first wrote this a few years ago)

When I lived in Ruidoso, there was an old abandoned catholic orphanage in a large, heavily forested field by my house. The circumstances regarding its closure are somewhat mysterious, but I do know a few things:

1. Several of the nuns disappeared, or were murdered. Newspaper clippings regarding the disappearances were found within the bricks in an adjacent structure. There was also a fire, that severely damaged the building.

2. On multiple occasions, me, my brother, and some of his friends brought in a tape recorder, and it picked up some... unusual (and perhaps terrifying) things. Strange incantations of nonsense phrases by multiple voices (stuff like: monotomonoma, monotomus antem, and lots of others). Multiple voices saying things such as "Go away". One particular voice identified itself by saying "Leave. I am It". "It" also said "Leave. Go away. Die." once when walking through the orphanage itself. Also, in giant letters, the word "It" was carved into an interior wall (obviously done with a tool, but it does mean that we weren't the first ones to whom "it" presented itself). There have also been time distortions within the area. One time, me and a few other people went into the lot, recording constantly. When we returned, we had 45 minutes of tape, yet less than half an hour had elapsed on the clock. "It"'s influence seems to expand into the outlying area surrounding the lot, because voices were recorded outside of the lot itself.

3. No neighbors who lived in the town at the time the 'incidents' occurred were willing to discuss any details regarding what happened. All that I could coax from them was "Stay away from there".

4. The trees in the lot itself are noticeably 'twisted' in unnatural and generally creepy manners. There is also a giant pit that looked to be the source of a planned bonfire, which is covered in dead wood.

5. Remember the tapes I mentioned in item 2? Each and every one of them disappeared under questionable circumstances. I have even found the tape physically strewn around a grove of trees within the lot. This was possibly a practical joke played by someone else, but given the other events, it may not be.

6. The 'voices' on the tapes grew steadily weaker after one of my brother's friends claimed to have 'killed' something within the lot. The friend refused to say what, stating only that "you wouldn't believe it if I told you". Soon after that event, a large area of trees strangely died. By the time we moved, the voices had all but disappeared. Quite eerie, especially considering how booming the voice of "It" was at first.

7. The building itself physically lashed out at one of my brother's other friends. I personally saw walls and windows blowing out, with the force directed at that person.

8. Again, in reference to the tapes, we screened the tapes through various people who had been in the lot (mostly my brother’s friends) and they all heard the voices. Then, we brought two of them to an outsider (who had not been in the lot), and that person DID NOT hear them.

9. One night, the orphanage was glowing an eerie blue, seen from afar. On a seperate occasion, the orphanage disappeared entirely, reappearing the next day.

Then there are the things that I did not personally witness, but have been backed up by numerous sources: (even though they're probably full of crap)

1. My brother accidentally dropped a vial of beads on the floor once, and they assembled in a map of the lot on the ground. Someone stepped on the beads representing the surrounding fence. Afterwards, the fence in that area was mangled. I did see the destroyed fence, but not the map.

2. On one of my brother’s famous “Halloween parties” they decided to bring a ouiji board. After some fooling with it (with disappointing results), the light source suddenly came crashing down unexpectedly. I got a bit freaked out and left. An hour or so later, those that remained returned, completely terrified, and recounted some really ****ing freaky stuff. One of my brother’s friends (the one who claimed to have “killed” something) claimed to have summoned a demon. I never was able to get the details of this event.

3. A toy snake was dropped by someone, and turned into a real one upon hitting the ground.

4. Several people, including my brother, at one point fell under some type of possession. I never personally saw any of it. Some time after an alleged “possession” episode (by someone else, about my brother), my brother developed a clinically diagnosed obsessive-compulsive pyromania disorder, which was diagnosed after he was arrested for arson.

5. My brother claimed to have come across a decapitated, talking dog’s head. I do not recall what he claimed it said.

6. The most basic, and wide spread rumor about the building is people hearing babies crying in the middle of the night. I've been there many times at night, and never heard it.

Part of me wants to go back there, but with the disappearance of the 'voices' on the tapes, and the building itself being leveled since I moved away, there may no longer be anything there.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 1:08 pm

That sounds like the amityville horror.

TheCowSays
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2006, 6:45 pm

I have had some "supernatural" experiences, and while I do not wish to go into details, I honestly believe they are almost all demons, (yes like in the Bible). Some of these things happened while I was trying to sleep, and some happened while fully awake in sunlight rooms. I found that the mention of Jesus ends them immediately and I now sleep with a Bible right next to my head. I am not kidding, if you had some of the things that happened to me happen, you would too.

I have no interest in chasing ANYTHING supernatural anymore, I try not to even read things like ghost stories. I am not easily scared by nature, but the stuff that happened to me is enough to scare anyone, and at the time I was terrified. I strongly advise you all to stay away from Ouija boards and the like.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 9:03 pm

Had quite a few strange things happen after my dad passed away...mostly stuff turning on and off...stuff like that. Some of it I could explain away...but alot I couldn't.

Orbs....I don't know what to think on these. I really don't believe they are anything but light reflections...but I keep picking them up with my digital and it makes me curious...they only occur in a certain areas of the house....I've taken 7 or 8 shots at times of the same area in succession...I'll get orbs on 2 or 3...or sometimes none at all.

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2006, 4:55 am

yeah i think my pc is haunted

because IE just crashed again!! !! :D

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jul 2006, 5:18 am

bjmax31 wrote:
yeah i think my pc is haunted