Anyone else been having problems with youtube?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

14 Sep 2009, 10:36 pm

For the past few days, youtube has been taking a long time to load, the page won't load or the videos won't load.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:41 pm

Quote:
We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:42 pm

It has been getting slower. Loading a TNG episode on Tudou is actually faster than youtube most of the time.

14 Sep 2009, 10:47 pm

digger1 wrote:
Quote:
We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit.

I don't get that message, the page just doesn't load so I see nothing. When it does load, there is no video.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2009, 9:25 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
For the past few days, youtube has been taking a long time to load, the page won't load or the videos won't load.

I have been finding youtube a little quirky all summer, actually, maintenance or no. Sometimes when it does load the play button becomes disabled too, so I can't stop it/go forward and back, etc. I have been quitting my browser, then opening again which helps, or at least gives me something to do while the problem sorts itself out :lol: . It could be too just sheer volumes of people accessing the site that is slowing things down. I wonder also of the existence of a "copyright bot" (making that phrase up, as far as I know... :wink: ) that is being run through the place - something to track down those tv programs, movies, etc., that are, strictly speaking, not really supposed to be on there but end up there anyway. If someone or some people are sending a program like that through, it just increases the traffic to an already busy site (again, I am guessing).

Either way, its quirky. Here I was blaming it on my browser (which I changed) and my ancient 15-year-old cable modem (which probably should be changed), but its good to know it isn't just me ... :wink:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 11:07 am

I haven't had any problems.

It sounds like it was probably just routine maintenance.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 4:37 pm

very interesting. I had not a single trace of the problems described on this thread. If I had I would get crazy :oops:

YouTube works very smoothly for me and I havent seen a trace of any maintenance note for months!!
Maybe it has to do with where you are located. Im in Europe and have noticed it has been speedier at times when the Americans is sleeping for example :wink:

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2009, 12:06 am

Yes. Whenever i browse Youtube i find videos like this.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:17 am

I hate it when the video is slowly loading, or freezes in places, then suddenly zips to the end. I feel a little zing with that. I quite my account though, because some of the trolls have their nastiness to an art in there. :roll: How rampent the trolls have been in there lately. hmm.. I wander..

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 3:27 pm

Phipe wrote:
Yes. Whenever i browse Youtube i find videos like this.

I see nothing wrong with this image, except from the very weird language :P
But you might mean the video itself is wrong :wink:

LiendaBalla wrote:
I hate it when the video is slowly loading, or freezes in places, then suddenly zips to the end. I feel a little zing with that. I quite my account though, because some of the trolls have their nastiness to an art in there. Rolling Eyes How rampent the trolls have been in there lately. hmm.. I wander..

That seemes to indicate your internet is slow. I have entered YouTube on computers with slow connections and that is annoying indeed. Then I use to wait until the video has fully loaded itself so I can watch it properly from the beginning to the end without intereruptions.

And trolls is ichy indeed. They are so harsh on YouTube. I have managed to avoid them pretty well in fact. If they enter my channel I will just block them...