Does anyone else hate being outdoors?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tanner1201
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Today, 12:02 pm

Summer is a miserable season for me, I much prefer winter. The bright sun, the heat, bugs, wind, sunscreen, dirt, GROSS! Does anyone else hate being outside? The most outdoor activity I want to do is get my packages from the front porch! :lol:

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 1:12 pm

Tanner1201 wrote:
Summer is a miserable season for me, I much prefer winter.

so do i...i really dont like summer that much :? *steals her packages from the front porch* ...no outdoor activities for you! :P

hey! thats MY couch

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 3:30 pm

I don't like summer that much but I love being outdoors. As long as it's quiet and there aren't many people around.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:15 pm

Yes I'm familiar with the ridiculously extreme Arkansas summers. I consider it to be madness to be out in it at all. Can't even dodge the heat by going into the shady woods because of ticks and snakes, so it's all about being on baking hot tarmac and concrete, risking skin cancer and cataracts. And the humidity stops the sweat evaporating and cooling you down.

These days I spend summer in the UK where it's more temperate at least, but when I'm there I'm in a city and can't so easily get to anywhere that isn't crowded out with people and motor vehicles. But when I manage to, I love it. Some of the UK countryside and small villages are really beautiful.

Winter, early Spring, and late Autumn in Arkansas I don't mind so much when the rain, snow, massive thunderstorms, tornadoes, giant hailstones etc. aren't around. I'm OK with cold weather for a while as long as I'm well wrapped up. And I have to get some exercise. I just wish the locals wouldn't keep burning weeds and using wood stoves so much. It makes the air stink and I expect it's carcinogenic.

I don't know about this seasonal affective disorder thing. By rights I should be really depressed by now, having had so little sunlight for all these years. Even my house in the UK is very dark and gloomy because it's a mid-terrace and all the neighbours built kitchen extensions that blotted out what little sun there used to be. But I'm as chirpy now as I've ever been. I guess some of us are just immune to the syndrome.