I'm a Veggie 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
I'm a not veggie 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
I'm a gay veggie 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 26

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 1:34 pm

Doing a bit of unscientific research. I was thinking aspie are mostly independent thinkers so many of you have independent morality. Such as why should animal loves also eat animal. I mean you wouldn’t get car lovers who like to eat cars.

Last edited by Aspie_Chav on 02 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 1:36 pm

I am a real veggie though. I will still not buy my own meat, I will eat other peoples.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 2:21 pm

Sorry, but I could live off of meat. Yes, I do love animals and I do feel sorry for them (like I would never hunt or anything like that), but meat is my most absolute favorite food group. Plus I can't stand vegetables by any means :wink:

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 8:54 pm

My nearly complete vegetarianism has very little to do with morality and just about everything to do with physical and mental health.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 9:14 pm

I'm not a vegetarian. I like the taste of meat. Nor am I an "animal lover". I am capable of loving animals, and I wouldn't eat an animal that I loved, but I don't love animals in general any more than I love humanity in general, or tables in general.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 10:27 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Doing a bit of unscientific research. I was thinking aspie are mostly independent thinkers so many of you have independent morality. Such as why should animal loves also eat animal. I mean you wouldn’t get car lovers who like to eat cars.

Heh heh. I have this idea in my head that the fellow in that picture needs a thought bubble saying something like "I just ate your spark plugs!" I found the idea of car lovers eating their cars really funny. I like that a lot.

While I am a vegetarian (and fond of animals), I have not always been a vegetarian, and I am not a vegetarian due to my love of animals... My reasoning is also health related. Anyway, I was raised as a vegetarian and lived most of my life as one, but I did have two phases in my life where I did eat some meat... but I ate 'weird' meat as well as 'common' meat. I never understood why it is ok to eat a cow, but not a spider or a horse. There is no difference to me. My thoughts on this have made some people mad and others a bit disturbed, but I cannot wrap my head around how eating one dead thing is more acceptable than another.

But I guess that when I did eat meat, I never much thought of it as being in conflict with my love of animals. I do not make sure all of the things I use were never tested on animals. I keep animals that eat other animals. I am love of animals, but I am not passionate about it. I have known animal rights activists and while I applaud their passion, I am not built that way. I feel if I were to say that I do not eat meat due to my love of animals, not only would I be a liar, I would also be a hypocrite.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 1:57 am

(Laughs also at the thought of car lovers eating their cars. That's gotta be hard on the jaws!)

I've been a passionate animal lover all my life: even as a small child I was perplexed at why humans felt the need to kill animals when there were so many other foods they could eat. This, however was just one of the reasons I became veggie. I've mostly done it because of my sensory issues though: I'm a picky eater and the #1 food I cannot stand is yes, all kinds of meat. I decided to go veggie because it would eliminate the chances of me coming into contact with foods that I was sensorily averse to.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

surchir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2009, 3:56 am

I was thinking of another possibility: is there vegetarian here for the purpose of the fact you hate plants?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 7:08 am

surchir wrote:
I was thinking of another possibility: is there vegetarian here for the purpose of the fact you hate plants?

yes. I bloody hate those sneaky green bastards. I always make sure to chop them up well in all the sensitive places before I eat them.

oh and I also love sprouts (=baby plants). I have my own sprout growing dish. there's nothing quite like a crunchy plant foetus in the morning!

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2009, 11:38 am

I played with the possibility of helping myself to some Free Range Canadian Geese, from Mitcham Common. But someone who wouldn't think twice about me eating battery farmed animal would have a problem with it. Bloody Mitcham-Heads they are a disgrace to all chavs.

Chr1s
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Oct 2009, 11:44 pm

I have recently gone 99% vegan, no mean, dairy, eggs, etc.. all whole food, plant based diet.. I loved meat, and I'm sure I still would if I ate it. It was a natural progression over a few years time that led to the change, but I also read a few books and watched documentaries, etc.. and that helped put me over the edge and rid of the meat.. I will admit that I still have a it of fish once and again.. so I can't claim 100% vegan.. I avoid the non-plant based proteins and cholestoral more than anything.. but I try to keep a healty balance, as I don't want to become overwhelmed with having to examine everything I eat and waste hours a day aorrying about it.

All things in life should be enjoyed in balance and moderation. Too much or too little of any one thing can cause other things to manfunction.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 9:39 am

Meat is good stuff.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 9:12 am

Not a vegetarian here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!