Sniglets (Invent a new word or phrase)

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:20 am

Quote:
ramifychosis.

the extreme tendency to subdivide a description in to exponentially increasing tangents of endless consideration.

to be irresistibly prone to following up ramifications.

ramifychosisectomy.

A procedure that will hopefully one day be able to remove such tendencies.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:31 am

"gaggledom"

the word for a family of geese is called a "gaggle" of geese.

when the oval next door to my house is heavily populated on saturdays, i see the families and the prams and the general discourse, and i think "good god there are gaggles of people everywhere out there today".

so a "gaggledom" is a domain filled with mindless "gaggles" (families in which everyone is a goose).

i can just upsize it and say "oh the gaggledom of humanity".

i am only being psychodramatic and i do not think as ill of people as i seem to indicate.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:40 am

I am only being psychodramatic and i do not think as ill of people as i seem to indicate.

But there seriously IS "a gaggledom of humanity" next door to me right NOW

and they are all wearing suits and "speaking in tongues" 8O

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:41 am

DaWalker wrote:
Quote:
ramifychosis.

the extreme tendency to subdivide a description in to exponentially increasing tangents of endless consideration.

to be irresistibly prone to following up ramifications.

ramifychosisectomy.

A procedure that will hopefully one day be able to remove such tendencies.

i am sorry but that does not really work.
"ectomy" is a suffix which pertains to removal of an object, and if the notion of "ramifychosis" is removed, it will still not solve the problem of it's manifestation.
"ramifychosis" is a (quasi)word and can not be "ectomized" with any benefit to what it refers to.

oh dear i am not very socially inclined at this instant but i like typing for a little while.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:49 am

you are right on time actually..although if it's according to me, you might be right to begin with :lol:

Anyway, how would one go thru this removal process....hopefully there is a cure :wink:

And honestly, they are gaggling away at humanity as we speak 8O

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:54 am

DaWalker wrote:
I am only being psychodramatic and i do not think as ill of people as i seem to indicate.

i was going to say "wow you think quite like me" when i saw that set of words not in a quote box.
then i remembered i wrote them so i finished that thought.

DaWalker wrote:
But there seriously IS "a gaggledom of humanity" next door to me right NOW

when i heard about david bowie's "honky dory" i thought of a goose named "dory" that was a manic honker.

DaWalker wrote:
and they are all wearing suits and "speaking in tongues" 8O

i am not quite sure what you are on about there i am afraid.
everyone speaks in a "tongue". whatever "tongue" they have i guess they speak in and with.
maybe they have different attitudes outside of their suits. who knows.
sorry you have gone over my head and i am shouting up at a passing airplane in the sky to try to reply to this.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 9:57 am

DaWalker wrote:
you are right on time actually..although if it's according to me, you might be right to begin with :lol:

Anyway, how would one go thru this removal process....hopefully there is a cure :wink:

And honestly, they are gaggling away at humanity as we speak 8O

maybe you have had a few drinks or something. i now can not understand at all what you are saying.
sorry.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 10:00 am

"speaking in tongues" = Holy Rollers Delux - Pentecostal to be Precise
they consider it a miracle from God - it just so happens he works overtime on Sunday :?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 10:13 am

DaWalker wrote:
"speaking in tongues" = Holy Rollers Delux - Pentecostal to be Precise
they consider it a miracle from God - it just so happens he works overtime on Sunday :?

has that got something to do with "jethro tull"'s "aqualung"?

i am not interested in buzz words like "holy rollers deluxe". that kind of terminology turns me off.
what is pentecostal? is it "five points" on a star which signifies the jewish religion?
if it is, then i am also not in the slightest bit interested in religions because i do not have any understanding of them (or interest).

thanks for talking to me but i am sorry(as i was told i should be) for not being congenial to a great degree.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 10:20 am

"ribalditude".

an attitude that is completely dominated by ribald elements.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 11:05 am

ribaldryholic - a person who is hopelessly powerless over his obsession with ribaldry.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2009, 11:48 am

"Anyone caught throwing hamburger will be subject to immediate dismissal." The Management

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 1:11 pm

Double Cloaker Pounder - the appropriate food fight object, made to order.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2009, 1:48 pm

The term food fighter was used by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II to describe various UFOs or mysterious aerial phenomena resembling hamburgers seen in the skies over both the European and Pacific . After returning to the home front, a group of these pilots formed a band aptly named "Food Fighters".

Not to be confused with the band of a similar name "Foo Fighters" which evolved from the band Nirvana and modified their name in homage to the much revered hamburger fighting pilots .

sourus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2009, 6:44 pm

Disintafrigeration. The "almost belief" that if you just leave it where it is in the refrigerator, sooner or later it will go away on its own.
Glackett. The little metal ball in aerosaul paint cans.
Niceissistic. When someone holds a door open for you when your 25 feet away, thus making you feel you must reciprocate by hurrying up even though your hip hurts terribly.
Oxyprogress. The distance you travel before realizing you forgot something and have to go back.
Bluebunked. When you think someone talking on a bluetooth headset is talking to you.
Hypothermopigmantitus. When you leave an inkpen somewhere warm and the ink all blows out of it and you get it on everything before realizing it.
Cryptophobia. That feeling you get while trying to get your key into the locked door of your apartment in a totally dark hallway.
Blarked. When in an attempt to escape a stressfull social situation you find yourself in a more innapropriate situation. (like hanging around some dumpster looking for something in your pocket to throw away or something)
Pandorafied. How you feel when you say something you wish you could take back because you realize that its going to spread everywhere.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2009, 7:12 am

Popa'Rappa'Crappa

Popular "Gangsta" Rap music that exists AFTER the 20th century,
that is usually listened to by kids going through their "black" or "rap/Hip hop" phase (usually 5 to 18),
that is also listened to by criminals in Jail