Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2009, 2:42 am

Well, I was pulled over for the first time couple days ago... Ran a stop sign apparently.

I was SO nervous the whole time, but just kept my cool, apologized, did what he asked. He even asked if I was nervous, and of course admitted.. Ended up with a warning..

Never been so scared in my life, it was night time, pitch black outside.. Nothing like headlights behind you follow you, then lights start flashing in your face via review mirror..

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2009, 8:21 am

I can't even imagine!! I like that some police workers are understanding though. I get upset when they think you're nervous for a particular reason or because it's suspicious that you're nervous. I'd be nervous if some random stranger came up to me and asked me if i ran a stop sign too. Let alone a person in a position to write you a ticket and has the power to do anything they want regarding the law toward you. I'm glad you got out of it with a warning!

matt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 1:28 pm

One time I was headed north on a two-way street and didn't realize that across an intersection it was a one-way southbound street. So I drove across the intersection, and noticed my mistake fairly quickly. I looked for a place to turn but there was none close.

As soon as I saw a place to turn I also saw a police car with its lights on coming right toward me. I didn't know how to pull over in a situation like that so I pulled up to the place to turn, turned and pulled to the side of the road.

The police officer walked to my car. I rolled down my window and I just said "I'm so sorry. I don't normally drive on this side of the city. Really, I'm so sorry. I don't normally drive on this side of the city. Really, I'm so sorry. I don't normally drive on this side of the city."

He said "Just be more careful next time," and walked back to his car and drove away.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 4:29 am

Yikes! I wouldn't be too happy to get pulled over, I'm normally aware of everything that's going on when driving, and there's little in the way of stop signs to run through around here, and despite being only licensed for 8 months I'm a very good driver :)

I'd probably be nervous, and devastated, if I got pulled over

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years