Ever mistaken for the wrong gender?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 6:23 pm

All the time, because I don't seem to have a right gender. :?

The year is still young.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2010, 8:08 pm

Never. When I was in my early teens, I desperately wished that I could pass as a boy, because I got harassed a lot, by pedophiles... :? On line, I get mistaken for a guy a lot, because of my terse way of writing, I guess.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 2:05 am

on the phone, yeah...but only by other men...women don't seem to have a problem ...go figure...;)

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 10:35 pm

when i was a kid there was this one girl who always thought i was a girl, i dunno why. no one else ever did and i didn't look feminine and she never did it with anyone else but she just couldn't understand the fact that i was male for some reason :?

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 3:10 am

pakled wrote:
on the phone, yeah...but only by other men...women don't seem to have a problem ...go figure...;)

You're a ladies man :D

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

Nope, never. I've always been seen as a guy.

Even more so now that I have a receding hairline and a full beard :)

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2010, 6:58 pm

Once when I was fishing, I had my boyfriend's waders and carhart jacket on, along with a stocking hat. Some guy yelled "buddy, ya got the time?" I said "who me?" and told him the time. :lol: He seemed a little shocked that I wasn't a guy.

In his defense, I'm not well endowed and the clothes I had on were very big, so you probably couldn't tell I was a girl....just a thin, smaller man?

I was just thrown off when the guy called me "buddy". :lol:

willmark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 4:39 pm

Never IRL, but online, many times I've been told by forum members that they were surprised when they found out that I am a guy. And I have almost learned to distinguish the feel of tomboys from guys. I used to mess tomboys up frequently online.

Several years ago, when I tried to discover if I had ADHD, the result of that test was that I wasn't, I was given a test called MMPI, and the psychologist told me that this test revealed that I am less masculine than most men, for whatever that's worth.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 4:55 pm

Ah, yes, those gender tests always say I'm androgynous! An online friend once said, "This is proof that in her former life, Rose was a guy," when I deciphered guy thinking for a friend. I took it as a compliment. My ex-bf's roommate one night came home from a party, stormed up to me and said, "I do not understand your gender!" I was caught completely off-guard and kind of blinked at him, at which point he calmed down, sighed and said, "I forgot, you're just a guy in a skirt!" I took that as a complilment, too. I've always been into typically "geek guy" stuff -- MMORPGs, tabletop gaming, FPS, American football, video games, action movies, bromance comedies, etc. At the same time, in appearance I am very feminine, with an hourglass figure and delicate facial features, small hands and feet. I've always felt that while I'm glad I'm a woman, I'd be fine if I was a guy. I kind of like feeing androgynous, although my husband has from time to time expressed a desire that I was "more feminine." (He can't seem to tell me what that means, though!)