Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2010, 5:23 pm

Hello I was the Child of the 90s and I wish some of the things from that Decade

I love Rugrats Hey Arnold and All That (the older verson)

Also i love the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls

I also like the Fresh Prince and Family Matters

Also I rember MTV use to have more music videos

Also Pokimon and the First Power Rangers

The Question is What do yall miss in the 90s
and also what things they should have back this decade

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 5:44 pm

Out of all the great American cartoons of that decade, I miss Beetlejuice the most. AOL Video had episodes of it on their website a couple years ago, and I practically fell in love with it all over again, to the point where I was even quoting it !I especially liked the wordplay (puns, figures of speech, etc.) that it employed, and I thought the character designs for Lydia and BJ were kinda cute.

I know that's kind of surprising coming from someone who eats, sleeps and breathes Japanese animation, but Beetlejuice really was a clever cartoon. I'd definitely buy it if it ever came out on DVD.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 7:42 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Out of all the great American cartoons of that decade, I miss Beetlejuice the most. AOL Video had episodes of it on their website a couple years ago, and I practically fell in love with it all over again, to the point where I was even quoting it !I especially liked the wordplay (puns, figures of speech, etc.) that it employed, and I thought the character designs for Lydia and BJ were kinda cute.

I know that's kind of surprising coming from someone who eats, sleeps and breathes Japanese animation, but Beetlejuice really was a clever cartoon. I'd definitely buy it if it ever came out on DVD.
Beetlejuice was one of my absolute favorites! Also, Ghost Busters. XD;

OMG, Spice Girls. The first CD I ever bought was a Spice Girls CD. I wasn't into any boy bands though. They had no songs I really enjoyed and they were OLD MEN WITH FACIAL HAIR, EW. XD

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 7:56 pm

I love Animaniacs. I have two volumes of it on DVD, and I think it's funnier than The Simpson's, South Park, and Family Guy put together. I also like Hey Arnold!, Doug, Beavis and Butthead, and many other 90s shows. However, I wouldn't want any of them to be brought back from the dead, because I think that when a show gets canceled, it should stay canceled. I know that some show revivals have worked before, but most of the time when a cartoon gets revived, the writing and visuals become God-awful and it loses all the magic it once held.

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2010, 8:02 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
I love Animaniacs. I have two volumes of it on DVD, and I think it's funnier than The Simpson's, South Park, and Family Guy put together. I also like Hey Arnold!, Doug, Beavis and Butthead, and many other 90s shows. However, I wouldn't want any of them to be brought back from the dead, because I think that when a show gets canceled, it should stay canceled. I know that some show revivals have worked before, but most of the time when a cartoon gets revived, the writing and visuals become God-awful and it loses all the magic it once held.

Yea i understand that totaly about that. Spongebob is the only show that still on from my childhood also but the show were getting more stupid. I just wish the could just play the older cartoons on nicklodian still for the next genration and for us also

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 8:09 pm

dwoolridge wrote:
AtomicKaiju wrote:

Yea i understand that totaly about that. Spongebob is the only show that still on from my childhood also but the show were getting more stupid. I just wish the could just play the older cartoons on nicklodian still for the next genration and for us also

They did before, and I would like them to do that again, but the ratings for those old shows were very low. I guess children of this day and age prefer live action shows over cartoons. However, I did see The Mighty B!, and that show clearly reminds my of the old-school Nicktoons (especially Ren & Stimpy). I think it's a pretty okay cartoon and I don't watch it all the time, but I don't think it deserves the bashing it gets from classic Nick fans.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 8:58 pm

I like grunge rock, long hair and flannel. While I was never much of a television fan, I do like the Simpsons. I'm ashamed to say it now, but I also liked beavis and butthead when I was younger.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 8:58 pm

Haha, oh the 90s, during that time period I was mostly lost in my own little world due to my autism but I have improved ever since. I remember having crazy bones but I don't remember much about it.

I wish to see people on the street with huge headphones holding a CD player. Also, we should make new movies on video cassettes.

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2010, 9:56 pm

Kaysea wrote:
I like grunge rock, long hair and flannel. While I was never much of a television fan, I do like the Simpsons. I'm ashamed to say it now, but I also liked beavis and butthead when I was younger.

I didn't know to much about grunge when i was younger but as one of my friend introduce me to grunge i am hooked
but i do wish it does come back though

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2010, 10:17 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beetlejuice a 80s cartoon?

But yeah, the 90s had a lot of great things going for it. The cartoons were golden (Freakazoid especially. I got that on DVD, and that show never gets old), and had a lot of great films coming out that decade as well.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:19 pm

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the 90s are extremely overrated... Sorry, but I'm just sick of hearing how much "better" everything was back then by everyone.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:23 pm

Haha.

I remember being like 9 or 10 years old and discovering Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, knowing the words to Gin and Juice with no idea what I was singing =P.

I miss the morning and afternoon cartoons. Now since everyones got cable with 10 different cartoon stations it's way too over saturated. But getting home from school to sit down and watch the local station that had cartoons on in the afternoon made them so much better.

I also remember trying hard as hell to convince my parents to buy a computer, back when they were still a luxury, We then finally got one when i was 16 and convinced my mom to get internet then quickly getting it taken away because then it was still charged by the hour and you could get up to hundreds of dollars a month in fees. Also when you had to log off when ever someone wanted to use the phone.

I remember, we had gotten cable for free for a when Beavis and Butthead was first out and huge, so we had like 3 or 4 neighbors over watching it cause they didnt have cable or their parents wouldnt allow it. It was the same with Mortal Kombat. Getting the cheat code for blood was like a milestone in my life =P.

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2010, 10:31 pm

Kaysea wrote:

I used to watch Beavis and Butthead lol! I liked a little grunge rock, but I was a bigger NIN and Pantera fan.

Vans (the shoe) were big in the 90s.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:45 pm

And in the 90's, rap used to be much better with more flow and a better message.

RIP 2Pac and Biggie Smalls.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 4:03 am

I heard if you say Biggie smalls 3 times he comes into your room.... (South PArk)

I remember watching those crappy Canadian cartoons like the Raccoons! Oh well, at least I enjoyed them. I also was the first kid to discover Pokémon at my school. It was SOOO uncool when I liked it then suddenly EVERYONE liked it... cop out...

I also liked Pokemon Red/Blue on the Gameboy Pocket (I had a yellow GB). I also had a proper little personal tape player! Don't see those anymore!

I don't want those Acorn Computers back though...

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 4:10 am

Not to forget R&B.

Whitney Houston was and is still my favorite!

I have nothing...