Which WP members would you wish to meet?

Page 117 of 120 [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:09 am

blue_bean wrote:
I only like beers that aren't too bitter so far.

There are some very, very sweet beers if you like those.

Where do you live in Australia? There might be some good microbreweries where you are.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:13 am

Bee Sting is pretty nice, Blue Bean - it's developed quite a repuation up here largely for the reason it's not bitter.

Nowhere near homebrew standard but as far as buying beer goes ...*shrug*

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:45 am

I haven't had a Bee sting yet. I've tried a Beez Kneez. I'm just preferring the paler lagers and pilsners so far. Kirin was the last one I tried, and by far the sweetest one I've had. It's brewed under licence though.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 7:58 am

Tequila wrote:
Albirea wrote:
No, I like all those things... I just hate alcohol. If there weren't any alcohol or alcohol flavor in there, I'd drink it.

You might like Erdinger Weißbier Alkoholfrei (0.4%) then. It's a non-alcoholic version of their wheat beer:

There is also Malta Guinness, which is a non-alcoholic malt drink produced with Guinness barley which is popular in Africa. It's the best malt drink I've ever had.

Beer with reduced calories and vitamins? What's wrong with these people?! I never met someone who wanted diet vitamin-infused beer with no alcohol content... defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

To get back to the topic, I have met Strapples (he's a real Mensch) and I am unsure who else I'd like to meet. Most of the people on here seem to be fairly "normal" and not very many have similar interests or tastes in music. Not to be rude or anything, but I feel creeped out about this "who you'd like to meet" thing. I can't find any redeeming qualities about myself that would make people want to meet me (I'm boring, do not drink/smoke/do drugs, have narrow interests, and I think I probably creep people out with my knowledge of heavy weapons and human anatomy)...

I think I shall leave now.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:23 am

^ You might be surprised...

I'd like to meet...someone who shares my interests (no, not cones, I'm more than cones)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:
^ You might be surprised...

I'd like to meet...someone who shares my interests (no, not cones, I'm more than cones)

What other types of interests do you have?

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
To get back to the topic, I have met Strapples (he's a real Mensch) and I am unsure who else I'd like to meet. Most of the people on here seem to be fairly "normal" and not very many have similar interests or tastes in music. Not to be rude or anything, but I feel creeped out about this "who you'd like to meet" thing. I can't find any redeeming qualities about myself that would make people want to meet me (I'm boring, do not drink/smoke/do drugs, have narrow interests, and I think I probably creep people out with my knowledge of heavy weapons and human anatomy)...

I think I shall leave now.

If anything I think it is a good quality that you refrain from these things. I myself don't do these things either, apart from drink on special occasions, but I think it makes me sensible rather than boring. Besides, there are plenty of fun activities you can do that doesn't require that you intoxicate yourself.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Albirea wrote:
No, I like all those things... I just hate alcohol. If there weren't any alcohol or alcohol flavor in there, I'd drink it.

You might like Erdinger Weißbier Alkoholfrei (0.4%) then. It's a non-alcoholic version of their wheat beer:

There is also Malta Guinness, which is a non-alcoholic malt drink produced with Guinness barley which is popular in Africa. It's the best malt drink I've ever had.

Beer with reduced calories and vitamins? What's wrong with these people?! I never met someone who wanted diet vitamin-infused beer with no alcohol content... defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Agreed where talking a peanut per glass in calories folks 8O not only that since it's so unsatisfying you consume more , 1 bottle of my moderately high alcoholic full flavoured ( home brew ) beer at 7-7.5 % and it "no more thanks" :D

Diet 'foods" are the greatest racket perpetuated by man , show restrain people and just drink a glass or 2 of real beer. Bottled water (the naturally sparkling water from Italy ) :) would be more pleasurable drinking than that strange bevarage

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:00 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
not only that since it's so unsatisfying you consume more

Compared to most non-alcoholic beers, it's actually pretty decent. It's not a brilliant beer and it doesn't even taste like a beer, but it's better than most NA drinks.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

Tequila wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
not only that since it's so unsatisfying you consume more

Compared to most non-alcoholic beers, it's actually pretty decent. It's not a brilliant beer and it doesn't even taste like a beer, but it's better than most NA drinks.

Well it looks good in the glass :)

The real one isn't a bad drop :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

Myself . this asocial jerk has better things to do with their time than keep some one else amused for their beneift.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Jul 2013, 12:38 am

This thread has been idle for almost a year. 8O

I can't believe it's been that long already.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Jul 2013, 12:53 am

I'm sure I'd be included on this list, since I joined after the last post in this thread was made.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 4:17 am

Moomingirl. :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:56 am

LillyThePink